Half shirts and stretchmarks.

Options

Replies

• LilKip
    LilKip Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, it just clicked that you said your stretchmarks are from your pregnancy, you're 18, and your biggest worry is whether you should wear a half shirt? I think your priorities are a little skewed...

Yes, since she is a mother she should no longer worry about fashion or her appearance.

omg that is so funny! people r so silly. do wot you want chick! nothing more beautiful than a mum who looks after herself and makes an effort.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was having her belly showing that got her in trouble in the first place. Now it's time to grow up, cover up, and act like the mature woman that will be the role model for the little one.

tumblr_lz7d10RuuY1qiuk5eo1_500.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    One dudes opinion here. Stretch marks don't matter. If you have lost weight and toned after your pregnancy (ies) you should be proud. I understand that you would feel self-conscious, but try to overcome that. I have heard that Vitamin E oil is good for helping to minimize/get rid of stretch marks.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This girl is my inspiration Deelishis aka London Charles. Rocks her tiger stripes well and cares NOT what anyone says or thinks.

7f3fbe0a808711e2868f22000a1f97ea_6_zps97443ffc.jpg
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    This girl is my inspiration Deelishis aka London Charles. Rocks her tiger stripes well and cares NOT what anyone says or thinks.

7f3fbe0a808711e2868f22000a1f97ea_6_zps97443ffc.jpg

Damn i love her body.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Do what you feel. I have one. Can' wait for the warmer weather to kick in so I can rock out with my ckoc out!
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I feel compelled to chime in...

I see a lot of people on here saying, if you are confident, do what you want. And I get that a lot of people have poor body images, and we want to tell everyone they are beautiful. But, I don't think everyone should just go out and wear anything they want. I remember Ozzy Osbourne's daughter always wearing half-shirt, etc... and I always thought, damn, you should not be wearing those. I think you should dress to enhance your body, not show off the flaws. And although you may like the look of the half-shirt or t-back or whatever... if you don't have the body to pull it off, maybe find a fashion style that works for you.

That being said, I'm a guy... and I have tons of stretch marks. I originally got stretch marks on my chest by my shoulders, and upper back when I worked out super hard after getting into an accident. It pissed me off to get them, because I had all kinds of scars, and I was trying to get my body back in shape, and then BLAM, stretch marks! Then I got stretch marks on my belly when I got fat, since I did get fat pretty fast. I'm a guy, so I don't think I'm anywhere as self-conscious as a woman would be.

But based on what you said, you want to lose weight before you feel like you can wear a half-shirt... so I think you have the right mindset.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel compelled to chime in...

I see a lot of people on here saying, if you are confident, do what you want. And I get that a lot of people have poor body images, and we want to tell everyone they are beautiful. But, I don't think everyone should just go out and wear anything they want. I remember Ozzy Osbourne's daughter always wearing half-shirt, etc... and I always thought, damn, you should not be wearing those. I think you should dress to enhance your body, not show off the flaws. And although you may like the look of the half-shirt or t-back or whatever... if you don't have the body to pull it off, maybe find a fashion style that works for you.

That being said, I'm a guy... and I have tons of stretch marks. I originally got stretch marks on my chest by my shoulders, and upper back when I worked out super hard after getting into an accident. It pissed me off to get them, because I had all kinds of scars, and I was trying to get my body back in shape, and then BLAM, stretch marks! Then I got stretch marks on my belly when I got fat, since I did get fat pretty fast. I'm a guy, so I don't think I'm anywhere as self-conscious as a woman would be.

But based on what you said, you want to lose weight before you feel like you can wear a half-shirt... so I think you have the right mindset.

I don't know about dressing to "enhance." I dress to show off parts of me that I love. I wear what makes me feel good, and feel attractive. I am fat, and have stretch marks. I wear crop tops. Low back shirts. No back dresses. Short skirts. Tank tops. Bodycon dresses. I get negative reactions, and I get positive reaction. It may not be visually appealing to everyone, but it is to me - that's what matters. Flattering, or not "not flattering." Dress to feel happy, and to what you feel good in.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Rock the stretch mark but one question....Is this 1998 because the last person I saw rocking a "half shirt" was Britney Spears?

My thought exactly...
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you lose that weight youre trying to lose and you have rockin abs and are proud, then i would say stretch marks make no difference whatsoever. I couldnt think of myself looking at a girl with abs and an amazing body then judging her by her stretch marks. i would admire the commitment to exercise and the confidence to put on a crop top!

^^^i concur
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Will someone just do this girl a favor and tell her not to do it???

Seriously. Just don't.
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Will someone just do this girl a favor and tell her not to do it???

Seriously. Just don't.
    sz

Haha this made me lol
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Saving my belly for my man unless I'm on the beach. I earn it, he appreciates it. Works out nicely for all involved.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how deep the stretch marks look, but generally on very slim / toned people they are miniscule and it doesn't make a bit of difference. If it were me though (apple shape!), I would definitely focus on hard abs before wearing any stomach baring top.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Rock the stretch mark but one question....Is this 1998 because the last person I saw rocking a "half shirt" was Britney Spears?

They're actually called 'crop tops' & they are completely in trend right now. I Personally love crop tops although I don't have the body for them yet. If I had rocking abs and a few stretch marks I would not be worried about wearing them. I know a lot of girls who were never big and yet still have stretch marks.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was at Target yesterday, and it was just like I had stepped into the early 90's. Half shirts, light denim... the pastelly prints.

Not my style at all - but if it make you feel young :)

did you notice the mom-jean shorts too?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    it all depends on you. I got stretch marks for the first time thanks to the preo factor. but, since I have NEVER been able to wear a half shirt, the opportunity would be taken. I don't care about the marks. I seen a quote, don't think of them ruining your life, this of yourself as a tigress earning your stripes. or something like that. more over, both of my arms are covered in massive scars and I don't care about them showing. figure i'll proudly wear my battle scars since im stronger than what tried to take me down. I digress. if you want to rock it, rock it!
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks can be badges of honor. It's the tattoos up in my face that are icky to me.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Personally i don't think they are good on anyone. Maybe at the beach or something? Wouldn't bother me seeing stretchmarks anyway
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    When I wear a bikini i make sure I bring my kids with me so people can see my body but understand that that extra skin is due to these amazing people that keep following me around....LOL