At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I was 175 pounds and that was the heaviest I had ever been in my life! I went back to work full time and got remarried and eating on the run became what I did most of the time. I'd just grab whatever was quick and easy and it usually wasn't very healthy.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I was eating anything I wanted, whenever I wanted it, regardless of if it was part of a meal or just a snack.
    It was just ridiculous.
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Twice as much cereal as I should be having. Honestly I was surprised when I started weighing it out and discovered how small a portion I should be having. Still seems like not enough but I seem to have gotten used to it.

For dinner (lunch) usually 2 sandwiches, a packet of crisps (chips) and chocolate. Maybe an apple or banana too. Honestly I thought I was eating well!!

For tea (dinner) it was usually something like meat and 2 veg, potatoes. I did however have way too many takeaways. We're talking at least once, usually more like twice a week.

So in essence: portions too big, too many takeaways, too much bread.

Oh and on top of that I was drinking more than I do now. Not that I was an alky or anything, I would just have regular good nights out (especially when I was at uni).

It's funny just how much my diet has changed now. I hardly ever drink (not because of diet or anything, it's just something I do less now with age). I try not to eat bread any more since I had a food intolerance test which said I was yeast intolerant. Also since moving out my takeaway intake has significantly dropped, mostly because my disposable income has dropped!
  • minnxie
    minnxie Posts: 2
    Options
    I have to say I ate a lot, but thought it was normal! I used to eat massive bags of crisps, pizza, cookies, takeaways sometimes two in one day. sweets fizzy drinks etc. Quite shocking really. but at one point in my life i was eating all of this and staying slim :( I think i must have lost a stone before joining mfp just on cutting all of this out.

Also never used to eat breakfast or drink any water.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It wasn't what I was eating (well a bit) it was portion size.

A typical day consisted of:

Breakfast: 40g bowl of cereal with semi-skimmed milk or Belvita.
    Lunch: Medium (8 inch) baguette, with meat and cheese filling and full fat mayo. Low calorie crisps or carrot and celery sticks.
    Dinner: Nomal homecooked meal, but BIG portions, probably double what you should have.

I didn't snack or have puddings. I would drink a couple of cups of tea a day and a cup of coffee and drink water.

Now it's:

Breakfast: porridge or Belvita with tea.
    Lunch: chicken salad or soup
    Dinner: normal homecooked meal that is portion controlled and made with lower calorie ingredients.

If I snack I have fruit or a small handful of something savoury, maybe like 30g of low cal crisps.

I try to drink more water too.
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Carbs, sodas (over a 2 liter a day), tons of cheese and fatty hamburger meats and such

Typical day
    Breakfast:
    Bojangles bacon, egg and cheese biscuit
    Large Mt dew
    large fries

Snack: 1-2 pack of lance peanut butter crackers
    About 1-2 drinks between the meals

Lunch:
    Anything from a fried chicken sandwich, wings, or hot hamburger plate
    Large Mt dew

Dinner:
    Burritos made with fatty hamburger
    Mac N Cheese
    lots of helps of italian
    2-3 Mt dews

Late snack
    Ice cream
    Chips
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    Ate once a day, or maybe twice. If I ate more than once it was like 'apple' + entire box of KD. Lived mostly on starch.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Horrible. I really wonder what I was thinking. I'd usually skip breakfast, have portion sizes that were were too big and have a huge dinner consisting of usually too much rice or fries. I'd also have too much chocolate and just general junk..yuck!
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I lived with my best friend and was 231lb, we just ate for entertainment!

Skip breakfast, have a massive lunch (something like a curry with rice and then chocolate too!), snacks through the day, then at night we would either have takeout (and massive amounts) or loads of pasta with loads of cheese. After that I'd probably have a massive bag of crisps too.

Also, we were students, so there was a lot of beer involved. We genuinely had nights where we would buy beer, loads of food, and watch tv and eat for hours on end. And I wondered why I got so big!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'd have coffee for breakfast.
    Frozen diet dinners for lunch.
    Anything for dinner and then I snacked all night on junk and even ate in bed.

Now I eat a ton more food, but It's healthier stuff and I stay full longer. I don't even think about food as much as I did when I was fat. :)
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i would just eat everything....all the time....
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    chips, cookies, crackers, bread, fries, more chips, candy bars, chocolates, ice cream...

i rarely overate on proper food like veggies or meat. i would actually feel full after eating those
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fast food wasn't really much of an issue but I ate a lot of frozen meals and processed foods. My problem was mainly portion control and snacking. It still is really, it is a lifelong battle for me. I grew up being served enormous plates of pasta and carb heavy meals so I thought that was what people were supposed to eat. I was also a lonely child and turned to junk food for comfort. To this day I can't sleep without eating a snack. Now I turn to fruit instead of family sized bags of chips.
  • faithbelievejoy
    faithbelievejoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not eating breakfast and then eating out for lunch and dinner...and after dinner would be a second dinner.
    Not only that but I would eat excessive amounts of food!
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    I'd have coffee for breakfast.
    Frozen diet dinners for lunch.
    Anything for dinner and then I snacked all night on junk and even ate in bed.

Now I eat a ton more food, but It's healthier stuff and I stay full longer. I don't even think about food as much as I did when I was fat. :)

this sounds so much like me. I was skipping meals, esp breakfast and then my appetite was out of control all day. recently, ive been eating egg whites on multgrain w avacado and tomato and a single slice of full fat cheese for breakfast. it keeps me full for hours, like over 6 and prevents me from overeating
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    Well the heaviest I got was when I spent a semester abroad. My eating was wake up eat some cereal, steak and ale pie and or sandwich of some sort, start drinking cider with my flat mates, then end the night chowing down on a doner kebab. Oh how I miss Doner kebabs. :laugh:
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    back before i had my galbladder taken out (at my heaviest) i could eat a triple whopper with large fries and coke and not get sick. now, i could only eat the sandwich and i might. before i started, right up until the point i started, i had sodas with EVERY meal, fast food several times a week. although i was maintaining my weight, that was not at my heaviest though.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Love this! What a great idea! I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and right before bed. Plus I drank....a lot! I'm pregnant now and feel like I am slipping back into bad habbits. Eating out a LOT... french fries, hamburger, pizza you name it!! Sneaking down at night to eat a waffle with peanut butter, syrup and whipped cream after eating an extra large cookie with peanut butter for dessert! :noway: Although I'm half way through my pregnancy and still 20 lbs below my heaviest, I don't want to be up there again! Must rethink eating habbits. Thanks for posting...really makes me think! :smile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever, because @#$% you that's why.

Actually, I drank a lot more, ate a lot more pasta, ate a lot more bread, and got in to it hardcore for stuff like bread covered in melted cheese, and then stuffed into bread.

Now, I eat like a human, drink a lot less, and haven't touched foie gras in 2 months. I have a lobe in the freezer that it's time to get into though.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    someone else mentioned skipping meals, i would do that too, get depressed or bored and just refuse to eat which ironically makes you gain more weight. I rarely ate breakfast as it usually made me wanna vommit if i ate that early couldn't stomach food til around 9am at the earliest, and lots of Boredom/Depression eating "comfort foods".