Has MFP replaced your fb?

Options
Since joining mfp, I just don't have time for both and I find I get so much more (obviously) out of mfp. I actually care what my friends are up to ;) I care that you just did an hour workout and lost weight. I don't care if you just folded a load of laundry and are about to get groceries. I just can't get into fb and never was that keen on it. Anyone else spend more time here or replaced their fb? I rarely posted on fb to begin with, but now I'm never on it.

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Totally! I definitely get on MFP way more than FB.
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time but I've totally given up FB for MFP!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    yes for sure!
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    10/10 topic
    woodwife
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yes, 90%.. only have FB to keep in touch with maybe 3 of the 200+ on my friends
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Abdolutely!:)
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I love MFP! I still check FB but not on there much anymore.
  • vagirl8669
    Options
    I don't do FB cuz it was too much like high school. Hoping this site isn't like that. :)
  • tamcar007
    Options
    Yup MFP has definitely replaced my FB , I am on MFP all day - i just leave it open hop on to count my food and exercise check up on my friends and see how they are doing then go back to whatever it was I was doing that day! I check FB only a few times a week, and I don't miss it much! :smile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP more than Facebook. But my family is not on MFP so Facebook is how I keep in touch with everyone....and how they can see my progress here. :)
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    Yes, 90%.. only have FB to keep in touch with maybe 3 of the 200+ on my friends

Totally! I honestly think fb is so lame. I know some love it though. I probably only really like about 30 people out of 300.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    Not me....
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A little bit! If the forums were a little easier to navigate or similar to some of the VBulliten boards I've been on I'd be on here even more. I tend to split a lot of time between MFP and Pinterest.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I keep both open, but MFP seems to be the best place to be! We all are here for the same reason! On Facebook, they dont' get me, and my fitness posts..and my weightloss posts...they get tired of me posting...here, people seem to be on the same page! MFP rocks!!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I closed my facebook in December of 2012 because it was like being in a high school cafeteria ALL THE TIME! Everybody is always bragging or showing off something, it was just stupid and pointless. I joined Facebook in April of 2012, just to see what all the hype was about, because I am never one to follow the crowd or do what everybody else is doing. Hell, I just got internet for the first time in my life in 2011. I just got a cellphone in 2006, and I just got my first flatscreen tv in 2011. And I still do not have cable, nor do I want it. Anyways, you get my drift, this site is much funner than stupid facebook. I met a nut on facebook, he requested to be my friend. I dated him for 3 months and found out he was one bolt short of crazy. I finally got rid of him and shut my facebook page down and I will never do facebook again!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes I completely forget about FB. MFP keeps me focused on health, which is much more important!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yes! MFP is my home page on my laptop now! :heart:
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I still check FB daily but not at all like I used to. I even changed my homepage to MFP...love this site!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I keep both open, but MFP seems to be the best place to be! We all are here for the same reason! On Facebook, they dont' get me, and my fitness posts..and my weightloss posts...they get tired of me posting...here, people seem to be on the same page! MFP rocks!!

^^^ this!