How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I guess I am the big "winner" here as I pay far more than most. I travel for work - so I pay a personal trainer who adjusts my plan daily, weekly and monthly as needed. He is accessible and does daily checks to see what is working and what isn't. I have just started this program.

I also take daily supplements so add those in as well.

All said - I pay FAR less than a major cardiac event would cost - and the possible resulting fatality would cost my loved ones.

Interesting topic.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    19.99 for planet fitness

30-150 dollars a month for races

about 20 dollars on average for shoes, shorts, socks, whatever (but that's a monthly average, most months it's nothing others bring up the average)

so 40 dollars if my races are more a hobby than a fitness expense.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    $35.00 a month for my gym. $300 a month for my trainer & that includes nutrition etc.,.
  • yadybarbiefit
    Options
    For free (:
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe the amount of money everyone pays for gym memberships..

I am just baffled by this... sorry

Why are you baffled? I live in the city, so doing stuff outdoors is not a great option as getting hit by a taxi isn't on my to do list. I don't have any space in my house for gym equipment because again, I live in the city and space is limited. My boyfriend pays a lot for things, but he makes well over 100k a year, and loves to go bouldering which isn't always an option when you live in the city. If you have the money and want to be fit, why is is baffling that people are willing to pay to be healthy? Not everyone enjoys workout DVD's, and not everyone can have a home gym.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    $100/mo and it is so so worth it. The encouragement and community style workouts are exactly what this stay at home mom needs!!
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    $160/month for crossfit and I'm totally ok with it. Before crossfit I was paying $75/month for a rock climbing gym, $50/month for a Y membership, and running a race almost every month so it is about even.
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    $21 per month at the YMCA, which includes any classes I want to take except yoga. (And that's fine, I'm not a fan of yoga.) It's worth every penny.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    0.00 Walking is free. And I have a "Total Gym" at home, bought it years ago. :laugh:
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    $14.99/'month at Gold's with all the classes, etc.

My relative pays the $40 and I joined a few months later and got the family/friends rate. It's kinda unfair to her. She did get something like a month free because I joined, but her rate for the exact same services is still higher. My gym is cool, has a cardio movie theater, yoga, and everything all included in the price.

Fwiw- I'm super happy with my rate and it's totally worth it.

Edit- originally said I wouldn't pay more, but actually I would. The gym is very motivational for me and I enjoy it. But I also didn't sign up until I got bored doing stuff at home/around my neighborhood, so I was ready for a gym.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I go to a pretty exclusive strength gym. It's about $2000 a month, but has some nice amenities, like private showers, tv, couches, etc, personal parking space.
  • Nikki_42
    Options
    I go to a pretty exclusive strength gym. It's about $2000 a month, but has some nice amenities, like private showers, tv, couches, etc, personal parking space.

Okay seriously, what gym charges that?? Because everything you mentioned I get for $14.99/month. What else is included?
  • Nikki_42
    Options
    Much less than it has cost me to be unhealthy...

HEAR, HEAR!!

In the end...this.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Okay seriously, what gym charges that?? Because everything you mentioned I get for $14.99/month. What else is included?
    Sounds like an in home gym, and the $2000 is rent/mortgage lol
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    $80 per month includes all classes as well as the latest equipment I also pay $60.00 on top of that for Personal training sessions
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    $29 for my membership + $10 child care and + $10 for the hydro massage table.

I also pay for my daughter's membership, so that is an additional $19. My husband is about to join, too.

All the classes are included in that, plus sauna and a pool. But I have never been in the pool there. And I prefer a wet sauna and this one is dry heat. So I rarely use it. And I could drop the hydro table, but it is MUCH cheaper than a chiropractor and keeps my back feeling good!!
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gym membership is $60 but I don't always get it because I do have a treadmill that I use a lot also.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Fitness 19......I pay a total of $28 a month and that includes unlimited childcare for my two kids. That lets me work out during the day and get an hour break from them. Sooooo worth it for me. I love bodyweight exercises, too, but I like the break from my kids enough to pay the monthly fee!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    $40 a month for 2x/wk ZUMBA.
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    $30/month for my gym membership (including childcare and all classes).

$400/month for my trainer (2 sessions per week).

Worth every penny.