What Is Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The Gym ?

Options

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I farted at the pool. I was so embarrassed. I know people that were swimming saw that and I felt like I wanted to crawl in a hole (and speaking of that, as soon as I did that, I immediately went under water for a few seconds hoping they weren't looking at me.

You're pretty it's ok. :happy: :laugh:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i almost passed out while on the treadmill which made me stumble and fall off
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Tags on my new workout clothes.

Here's the whole story.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dsjohndrow/view/a-day-at-the-gym-with-a-nerd-175091
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym a few weeks ago and this cocky looking guy put the treadmill at max incline on at least 6.0. I was on the AMT, and looked over and thought to myself "That's not going to work" and not even 3 seconds later he had flown off and in to a set of chairs that was about 10 feet behind him. He looked mortified and I almost cried because of trying not to laugh.

Another little guy was trying to bench 315 and what looked like a 15 year old kid with toothpick arms spotting him. Somehow managed to get it off of the rack, and then 6 people had to run to save him...

I would have fell right after him, because I would have been laughing so much my dumb butt would have fallen off of the treadmill. This is so freaking funny. 6 people had to come save him hahaha dying!!!
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Fell off the back of the treadmill mid stride....why oh why didn't I just put my hands down and stand up? No....I put them on the treadmill and was trying to "doggypaddle" may way back on to it! I can't believe I was that dumb!!!
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I fell off the treadmill on the first day at gym and that was 2 years ago. :laugh:
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I could feel myself getting weak and too hot, but I was too stubborn to stop before my time was up on the eliptical. When I stepped off, I threw up right there beside the machine on the floor. Luckily, it was clear (like water), but it was so embarrassing AND the gym called the paramedics. SMH!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm the only white face at the gym most of the time, and the girls really freak out when I turn red from exertion. they're not used to that.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i also once forgot my gym shorts and the gym was kind enough to give me these....
    50id8n.jpg
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Quiet room, almost done with yoga class, and I leave out a fart that echoed in the room. I already wasn't planning on going through with a second round of the class, but that right there sealed the deal. Thankfully that was the last class before a new month of classes started.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I could not figure how to "turn on" the Elliptical machine... I'm normally a runner, but with shin splints really bad I decided I'd give the Elliptical a shot because it's non impact on the legs. I must have stood there for 5 min pressing things and looking stupid before finally asking the girl next to me (packed gym) what to do ... It then preceeded to kick my *kitten* (way harder than running) and I've never been on one since lol
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in this small little private exercise room that my apartment complex has (before I got a REAL gym membership) and there was usually no one in there with me.
    One day I was in there on the elliptical, and this REALLY cute guy comes in. He got on the machine RIGHT next to mine.
    I try to act all confident, and go to grab my water bottle. My elbow hit the handle that was moving and I punched myself straight in the face with my water bottle.
    I choked, tried not to drown, and played it off like I meant to splash myself down with water and kept going.

Best ever.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym a few weeks ago and this cocky looking guy put the treadmill at max incline on at least 6.0. I was on the AMT, and looked over and thought to myself "That's not going to work" and not even 3 seconds later he had flown off and in to a set of chairs that was about 10 feet behind him. He looked mortified and I almost cried because of trying not to laugh.

Another little guy was trying to bench 315 and what looked like a 15 year old kid with toothpick arms spotting him. Somehow managed to get it off of the rack, and then 6 people had to run to save him...

I would have fell right after him, because I would have been laughing so much my dumb butt would have fallen off of the treadmill. This is so freaking funny. 6 people had to come save him hahaha dying!!!
    Totally happened! The kids legs were up in the air and everything. The spotter looked stunned and just stood there, so he was basically useless. I was doing bicep curls and didnt miss a beat lol. All I heard was "Waghhhh... Uhhhhhhh" as the air was forced out of his lungs.. lol
  • backpacker44
    Options
    Running on the treadmill at the gym in our housing center when a nice storm kicked up. Lightning took out the power and the treadmill stopped....I didn't... :embarassed:

Haha that's awesome
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    In the middle of doing standing arm curls, I pulled my groin and simply crashed to the floor. It look as though I was just taken out by a sniper rifle as I fell. Many nice people rushed to my aid and a few thought that I was having a heart attack. Dummy here didn't do enough stretching before working out and I paid for it.
  • backpacker44
    Options
    I used to work out in this small little private exercise room that my apartment complex has (before I got a REAL gym membership) and there was usually no one in there with me.
    One day I was in there on the elliptical, and this REALLY cute guy comes in. He got on the machine RIGHT next to mine.
    I try to act all confident, and go to grab my water bottle. My elbow hit the handle that was moving and I punched myself straight in the face with my water bottle.
    I choked, tried not to drown, and played it off like I meant to splash myself down with water and kept going.

Best ever.

OH! I've been punched in the face by the handle on the elliptical. Was reaching over to help a friend and put my face right in it's path.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Tripped while running on the tredmil, how I have no idea.... I literally got up laughing because I didnt want people coming over asking if I was ok or not. lol
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    shart-main-e1303189722188.jpg
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Running on the treadmill, slapping my headphone cord by accident, causing my iPod to fall onto the belt and launch across the room into another machine. Fun times!!

That happened to me as well :blushing:

Thank god for the otterbox :)
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    These posts are brilliant!
    My gym has a dojo with different types of punch bags and kickboxing dummies around the perimeter. I went in there at the end of a workout to do a little boxing practice as I had some excess energy to burn off and felt great. I spent a good ten minutes moving from bag to bag punching and dancing to my earphones like a bit of a loony. Only to notice the CCTV camera as I put my shoes back on. The instructor at the desk just gave me a big grin and a wink as I left the gym even more red faced than usual :blushing: