Any ladies managed to get to 18-20% BF? What did you do?

Options

Replies

• JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post..I am positing to keep up with it! Thanks!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Following.
  • Redptlmtd
    Redptlmtd Posts: 14
    Options
    Great topic!! Following.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good post and advice!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get down to 20% body fat. I am at 22 % right now. I will be watching to see what people say to get an idea of what i can do.:)
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You could try doing a round of Lyle McDonald's RFL diet .... you'll probably be miserable given how rough the eating requirements are but a lot of ppl vouch for it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i found that bumping up my weights and lowering my reps helped a lot. i plateaued for a few months and i was a size 4 pants but when i increased my weight and dropped my reps, i went down to a size 2 (to my surprise). however, i also increased my cardio intensity and really pushed myself to keep my heart rate in my maximum zone so i think a combination of the two really did it.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My body fat percentage is currently pretty low, but I'm running. A lot. I'm currently training for my first full marathon. I'm also (for the most part, still transitioning here and there) following a plant based diet (so no meat, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, butter, etc.).
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    "You could try doing a round of Lyle McDonald's RFL diet .... you'll probably be miserable given how rough the eating requirements are but a lot of ppl vouch for it."

A similar plan would be his Ultimate Diet 2.0 (UD2). I am noodling on whether or not to try it, but am not sure I am willing to be in a bad mood for 12 weeks.
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 years old, 5'7", and about 150 lbs. I'm at 19.6% body fat right now (got it checked in the bod pod). I do pretty intense bootcamp-style workouts (with heavy lifting) 3x a week and run/spin class the other days. I also work with a nutritionist who monitors my numbers here on MFP and helps me tweak the numbers. If I can do it, anyone can! I started this process about 1 1/2 years ago (and weighed 190). It took a ton of hard work and time, but it can be done!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I want to keep track of this topic.

Me too!! :bigsmile:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Rules girl, strength training got me from 32% to 21%. I just keep going and a little more comes off each month. It's a whole lot slower now that I'm hitting the 20% mark. I hear that getting below the 20% would require some serious diet manipulation, not sure I want to do that lol.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow...I have the same problem, 5'4, 129 lbs, size 4/6, and BF% is upper 20's. :(
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, proper eating and some cardio. I dropped to my lowest % when I was lifting more with little cardio. Some are saying cardio, cardio, cardio blah blah blah but hours upon hours of cardio isn't always a good thing. Yea you might have a low body fat %. Congrats! But if you have a low number of lean muscle mass with it there's no point.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    18% here. Want more like 17.5...
    I just went the 1200 calorie route. Dropped a few pounds in a couple weeks. Nothing lost this week..but we'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Crap, was confusing body fat and BMI. Nevermind xD

You want to be underweight?

I suppose that's how it's classified, but I know I eat healthy and I doubt it would hurt much at all. I'm already slightly underweight and I feel better than ever. I don't have much further to go at all, and I know I'll be fine. That aside, I surely don't look underweight. I guess it's not so much that I want to lose more weight but more that I want to get rid of this annoying fat that refuses to leave my hips and thighs. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to reach my goal weight without getting rather thin, given how thick my legs are.
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Following.