Any Craft Beer , Beer Geeks in here ?

Options
TeamEdwardJenn
TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
So does anyone enjoy great flavorful beer in here ? If so whats your favorite style and beer? I just cant see why you wouldent to drink good beer instead of craptastic domestic...(insert finger in mouth )

As for me , Im a stout gal or Sour ..Current love is Ephomere (sp) love the hint of apples , and i also love Sam Smiths Organic Choclate mmmmm!! and a new one ive been introiduced to is Crabbies ginger beer , its great to .

Least favorities...Alberta Clipper from Greay Lakes , YUCK!!!

Replies

• MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    I enjoy IPA's and will always drink and support the local brewers. Living in the northeast, I'll usually go with Tuckerman Pale Ale from Conway, NH. Pemi Pale Ale from Woodstock Brewery in Lincoln, NH or anything from the Haverhill Brewery in Haverhill, MA.

For my more mainstream beers, Rogue DGA (oregon), Harpoon IPA (Boston) or Long Train Ale (Vermont).
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    We go to Biritsh Ale festivals run by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale).

There is also a brand of bar in the UK called Craft beer Co. who get in International Beers and also some Brewdog. Tried one called Tokyo Horizon which was almost like a spirit, took aaaages to drink and was shared as well (especially at that price) lol.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a cider drinker and brew my own. You can't beat home brewed cider made from Cox apples - delicious
    :drinker:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My favorite beer of all time is New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. Hands freakin down. Unfortunately, they are in Wisconsin, I am in New York, and I can only get it when I can find someone to ferry it for me. Luckily I have a nephew in Chicago who can bring me some on the rare occasion he gets back East.

Locally, we have a small brewery about 100 miles from me, Horseheads Brewing. They make the MOST AMAZING Pumpkin Ale I've ever had. There are all kinds of seasonal beers that spring up in the autumn, but their pumpkin ale literally tastes like pumpkin pie flavored beer. It's so delicious.

My FIL has started brewing his own now that he's retired, and it's pretty excellent, as is his hard cider.

Above all, my go-to beer will always be Guinness, Guinness Black Label or Kilkenny Ale. Not craft beers, just my favorites.
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I support my local micro brewery which is less than 1/2 mile from my house :drinker:

I also pay an annual pilgramage to a local tavern in august for it's beer festival as a) I can walk there b) the selection of local real ales is very good and c) their bar food is excellent quality, locally sourced etc.

I don't have a favourite as I'm open to try all real ales when the opportunity arises. (I will also try ciders as I'm just about over the pub home brew experience I had in Cornwall about 5 years ago)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I homebrew, but I'm not too good for a Hamms periodically.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love a place called "The World of Beer" that always has over 500 beers (that change all the time!) from around the world! I love to try beer from all different corners of the world and compare them!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love good beer, particularly a tasty belgian or porter. I live close to Wisconsin, which as someone already mentioned has some great beers that you can't get out of state. Nothing like camping in the north woods with some darn good local beer. :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm a Founders girl but love to go to the Founders brewery and try the beer there.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Which one is your local micro brewery Chris? Got a link? Have you joined Big Mike's Real Ale Group on FB? He' reviews loads of UK Ales. https://www.facebook.com/BigMikesRealAle?fref=ts

We're about a mile from our local one WJ King in Horsham. Apparently Welton's is near there too.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm a Founders girl but love to go to the Founders brewery and try the beer there.

Mmm Founders. I just went up to Grand Rapids for work and got a few growlers on my way back home - so good!!!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    and I am a fan of any IPA or dark bitter delishousness...mmmmmm....beer....
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The Wellington in Birmingham, UK is an AMAZING pub with 15 or 16 real ales. I have lots of favourites, Blue Monkey's 99 Red Baboons, Mercia IPA, Boondoggle.....etc etc.

I also go to lots of beer festivals throughout the year - they're fab! :bigsmile:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I used to be, but gave up alcohol. /sigh.

Founders, Brooklyn Brewery, Southern Tier. The list goes on.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love a good craft beer. Here in Boston, quite a few new ones have been popping up recently and some are quite good. I'm particularly fond of Jack's Abbey out of Framingham, MA--every thing I've had from them has been great. Another new one around here that has impressed me is Mystic brewing from Chelsea, MA. The list would be very long if I were to start naming the other brands that I like .
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm a cider drinker and brew my own. You can't beat home brewed cider made from Cox apples - delicious
    :drinker:

[insert cox-juice joke here]

Pale Ales, IPAs, Bitter, ESB .. I suppose I just like english ales. What I hate: anything with Orange peel (or any fruit), coriander, nutmeg, etc. Wheat beers (they taste like wax).

What I brew: I don;t tend to use recipes, and I wing it in Pale ale styles. I also make a Honey Brown ale that I carbonate with honey instead of malt, or *shudder* corn sugar.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I LUV beer, but also not indulging like I used to.

I may have a Blue Moon or two next weekend during the boxing match.

But yes, I love to try different ales. I love thick, flavorful beers.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a home brewer, we actually have some hops planted right now that are starting to sprout! I used to drink Miller Lite before I met him and haven't touched one in 2 years now so I've been successfully rehabbed. I prefer an Amber or red ale most of the time. Not really big on a strong hoppy flavor.

I love Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, it's my go-to beer. Locally, pretty much anything from Three Floyd's. Fall is my all time favorite with the Caramel Apple, pumpkin and Oktoberfest beer.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm within stumbling distance of two craft breweries, which accounts in part for me winding up on MFP. :) My favorite is a boysenberry sour brew conjured up by a nearby Belgian brasserie called the Pooka. It's delicious and plus when I order I get to say Pooka.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I home brew!

I like hefeweizens, stouts, IPAs. Then really just anything different.