HELP: I dont want muscles, Just want to get rid of flab!

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like this:

ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg

and this

CelebFlicker-Tamanna-Badrinath-1_zpsba54f431.jpg

not this:

imagesCAI4TV6J_zps48147f4d.jpg

(if it works)

They are different levels of body fat. The lower the body fat the more muscle will be visible. And the last one took a lot of work to get to. You don't accidently end up looking like her even if you lift heavy.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Buy 2.5-5lb pink dumbbells and do 100 reps of every exercise. This may help your muscles become long and lean and your skin to tighten up. It may also cause you to start doing more cardio. Have you checked Doctor Oz's website?

Oh for the love....please tell me this is a joke. You can't actually make your muscles longer. :noway:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go down that path :) But thanks for the idea anyway :P
    I am prepared to lift weights, but I just would like some suggestions at how how much of them to do and roughly how heavy the weights should be so I could get the desired result.

I'm not sure this is much of a desired goal....hence the lack of advice.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    My guess is they all work out with weights the only difference is he amount of body fat they're carrying. If you are losing weight and don't want bingo wings you need to lift weights to tone and shape it is actually very difficult to put on lots of muscle.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg
    and this
    not this:
    The only way you get these bodies is by being them. Until you can be comfortable with you are now, you will not find success when you get to a similar body as any of them.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

... I prefer not to have muscles showing up on my body :) I am entitled to wanting my body to be how I want it to be right?

sure. The way to not have muscles show up is to stay fat. Otherwise, your muscles will show.

Just do cardio if that's what you want to do. But I think you should know, heavy weights (like over 70% ORM) and low reps (under 8) won't make your muscles big. To have big muscles you need to lift intermediate weight (50-6-% ORM) and higher reps (10-12).

So the lower weight more reps thing is a myth, unless the weights you are using are so friggin low that you are just doing cardio.

For more info:

http://lucastraining.blogspot.com/2007/12/difference-between-strength-training.html
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    ^^ that too. ( about not being able to look like someone else)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I give up.
  • csnyder0007
    csnyder0007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OK, perhaps there is another issue going on here.

What body type do you have now and why do you believe you need to look like these women?

We all have to accept that we have genetics that will ultimately dictate how we look. Yes, we can alter bod shape and weight to a degree but only so much.

Your ultimate goal should be to be as healthy as possible. When you accomplish this your body will look exactly the way it's supposed to.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I give up.

Hey, I noticed your effort ;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg

and this

not this:

(if it works)

I'm pretty sure you will not "accidentally" end up looking like the lady at the bottom in the black shorts and top. (I'd actually LIKE to look more like her, especially the abs! But that would take some very hard work and concentrated lifts. It's not gonna happen if you eat at a calorie deficit and occasionally pick up some light weights...I don't know who the other two people are, if they are famous actresses or something maybe you can Google their workout routines. Also keep in mind that neither lady is flexing, so the muscles appear soft...if either of them flexed a bicep I betcha they would show visible muscle.

To each their own. Good luck.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I give up.

Hey, I noticed your effort ;)

:) Thanks. All I have to say at this point is that I do not miss being OP's age. It is hard to remember what it was like to want to be in someone else's body rather than my own.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg
    and this
    not this:
    The only way you get these bodies is by being them. Until you can be comfortable with you are now, you will not find success when you get to a similar body as any of them.

I'm actually shaped a bit like the girl in the second pic and I lift heavy. I am not sure anything gets rid of loose skin.

this is me:

25536715_4399.jpg

19104_4423383392975_1540177042_n.jpg

The reason I don't look all muscly is my BF% has never gone below 19. But I am super strong.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg

and this

not this:

(if it works)

1) Purchase a copy of Photoshop, and take a course.
    2) Use soft focus when taking photos of yourself.
    2) Alter all of your pictures so that they do not show any definition anywhere.

Problem solved.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am prepared to lift weights, but I just would like some suggestions at how how much of them to do and roughly how heavy the weights should be so I could get the desired result.

You aren't making sense. Either you want to firm up and retain muscle while losing fat (lifting heavy weights). Or you want to lose as much weight as possible with little regard to muscle retention. I seriously can not tell from your posts what you even want.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OK, perhaps there is another issue going on here.

What body type do you have now and why do you believe you need to look like these women?

We all have to accept that we have genetics that will ultimately dictate how we look. Yes, we can alter bod shape and weight to a degree but only so much.

Your ultimate goal should be to be as healthy as possible. When you accomplish this your body will look exactly the way it's supposed to.

because I have those body shape with a little more weight on them, so I want the results to look like that. I am not trying to get body type that I am not, I am just trying to show that the 2 girls at the top are slimmer without any actual tone showing up whereas the girl in the third picture has got more toning on her body.

I may have used the wrong word, I apologize, I don't want any obvious 'toning' showing up on my body. that was all. But I have the info I need thanks
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have you had your Body composition done? That might help you closely monitor your body fat, while you can use the advice of all these intelligent folks like lifting light weight at longer reps, if you are worried about "overdoing" the muscles, ask a professional where you should be (as far as your BMI) to look closer to these bodies.. they are beautiful bodies might i add. There is nothing wrong with your goal, i think you just need the right tools to set those goals in the first place. Body comp should help. Pilates and Yoga are good for toning without bulking, and are usually a good cardio burn as well. Wish you the best. I agree with all of those who said you cannot get muscles by accident.. i TRY to get them and they still don't show :)...YET
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Getting muscles is hard. You won't do it by mistake. Don't worry about it.

Amen!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are entitled to look however you want to but I think without weights its going to be difficult to get rid of the "wings"

Dumbbell Tricep Extension: Sit straight or stand for this one. Grab a dumbbell holding it over your head with both arms and slowly lower down behind your head… and return to start. You can also use just one arm at a time but of course make sure to lower the weight you would use.

3. Skull crusher: I just like the name of this move… Lay on a bench with a small barbell, the gym often has smaller 3 ft. pre-weighted ones… hold it up straight and slowly bend the arms lowering the bar towards your forehead. Work on slow lowering of 4-6 seconds.

4. Close Grip push-ups: This one you can do anywhere! And like the dips it’s an overall muscle workout. Core, back, chest and especially the triceps. Get into a push up position and place hands directly under your shoulders. Keeping elbows in by your side lower down for push ups and return to start. Make sure you’re squeezing your stomach and butt at the same time!

Look up tricep exercises for women on the internet.

Hope this helps....
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

You aren't making sense. Either you want to firm up and retain muscle while losing fat (lifting heavy weights). Or you want to lose as much weight as possible with little regard to muscle retention. I seriously can not tell from your posts what you even want.

I already apologized for using the term muscle. I just don't want the toning to be obvious on my body so I just want to know roughly how may reps I needed to do for how long and what weight so I could achieve this