HELP: I dont want muscles, Just want to get rid of flab!

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I give up.

Hey, I noticed your effort ;)

:) Thanks. All I have to say at this point is that I do not miss being OP's age. It is hard to remember what it was like to want to be in someone else's body rather than my own.

I was missing out on your whole part of the conversation... but I second what you said. We all have to learn to accept our own bodies and not compare ourselves to others.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I give up.

Well, I for one appreciated your info, bumblebums.

OP, I want my body to look like Heidi Klum's. but you know what? I'm 5'6" tall and most of my body is torso, meaning I have the leg length of a shorter person. I will never look like Heidi. I look more like a reasonably fit mother of two. my belly area juts out from two pregnancies and my waist isn't narrow. That having been said, I hate to burst your bubble, but you will never look like those women UNLESS you have similar body shape, height, and genetic muscle shape as they do.

ETA: I didn't realize that you are so young. I wasn't trying to be harsh, just pointing out that you need to work with what you have.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like this:

ileana3_zps6468bef8.jpg

and this

CelebFlicker-Tamanna-Badrinath-1_zpsba54f431.jpg

not this:

imagesCAI4TV6J_zps48147f4d.jpg

(if it works)

1) Purchase a copy of Photoshop, and take a course.
    2) Use soft focus when taking photos of yourself.
    2) Alter all of your pictures so that they do not show any definition anywhere.

Problem solved.

thank u, urs was the most helpful post ever, truly appreciated
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You're not gonna get "ripped" unless you cut your body fat percentage pretty low and shed a lot of water weight. There are special cutting diets those women do to look that way. You WANT muscles, though. Muscles are what will burn your fat and make you look great.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go down that path :) But thanks for the idea anyway :P
    I am prepared to lift weights, but I just would like some suggestions at how how much of them to do and roughly how heavy the weights should be so I could get the desired result.

You aren't making sense. Either you want to firm up and retain muscle while losing fat (lifting heavy weights). Or you want to lose as much weight as possible with little regard to muscle retention. I seriously can not tell from your posts what you even want.

I already apologized for using the term muscle. I just don't want the toning to be obvious on my body so I just want to know roughly how may reps I needed to do for how long and what weight so I could achieve this

3-12 reps.....as much weight as you can to stay in that rep range.....Lift as many reps as you can.....eat in a deficit.
  • kinsa2
    Options
    I give up.

OP, I want my body to look like Heidi Klum's. but you know what? I'm 5'6" tall and most of my body is torso, meaning I have the leg length of a shorter person. I will never look like Heidi. I look more like a reasonably fit mother of two. my belly area juts out from two pregnancies and my waist isn't narrow. That having been said, I hate to burst your bubble, but you will never look like those women UNLESS you have similar body shape, height, and genetic muscle shape as they do.

I understand ur point but the reason I chose those two ladies was because they are both of my height of 5ft 5 and have the same hourglass body shape. I am not wanting something I don't have, I just want the end results to look like that
  • kinsa2
    Options
    I am prepared to lift weights, but I just would like some suggestions at how how much of them to do and roughly how heavy the weights should be so I could get the desired result.

You aren't making sense. Either you want to firm up and retain muscle while losing fat (lifting heavy weights). Or you want to lose as much weight as possible with little regard to muscle retention. I seriously can not tell from your posts what you even want.

I already apologized for using the term muscle. I just don't want the toning to be obvious on my body so I just want to know roughly how may reps I needed to do for how long and what weight so I could achieve this

3-12 reps.....as much weight as you can to stay in that rep range.....Lift as many reps as you can.....eat in a deficit.

thank you so much: finally
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I give up.

I understand ur point but the reason I chose those two ladies was because they are both of my height of 5ft 5 and have the same hourglass body shape. I am not wanting something I don't have, I just want the end results to look like that

Okay, that makes sense. Then you should focus on fat loss, and there have been many posts here that can help you achieve it. Best of luck to you. (BTW, you are stunningly beautiful girl as you are now. I hope you get to where you are happy with your body.)
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

thank you so much: finally

:sad:

I guess my post where I explained the different weight and reps went unappreciated

:sad:
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You cannot have arms just like these women, because even these women do not actually have arms like this. (At least, not from other angles.)

Here is another photo of Ileana D'Cruz in which you can see that she does, in fact, posses arm muscles. (Fortunately)

tamil-actress-ileana-d-cruz-2012-hd-wallpapers-new-photo-shoot08.jpg

Please try to be the healthiest you can be in your own body. I gave up trying to find the exercise that would make me 6 feet tall and capable of possessing a gap between my thighs a long time ago.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You cannot have arms just like these women, because even these women do not actually have arms like this. (At least, not from other angles.)

Here is another photo of Ileana D'Cruz in which you can see that she does, in fact, posses arm muscles. (Fortunately)

tamil-actress-ileana-d-cruz-2012-hd-wallpapers-new-photo-shoot08.jpg

OMG I see pecs and delts, too!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    A bunch of people here will bust on you for not wanting a hard-body, but this usually a misunderstanding.

They actually look like they both work out and lift weights to me - just that the first has slightly higher bodyfat than the latter for a smoother look. (There's also lighting and other stuff, etc. The last pic is obviously a "fitness" pic where the goal is to look cut, and the first two are not.)

There are two dimensions. Body fat %, and muscle. They are entirely separate things.

You won't gain muscle accidentally, but when your bodyfat goes low enough, it can show more definition in the muscles you already have. Some people think of this as "muscular", everyone has their own definition. You can call it whatever you want. You want a smooth look which implies a certain % of bodyfat. Just figure out what it is and target that.

You won't "accidentally" look like either of them. You have to work hard to get either.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    well one good thing came from this post, I'm no longer feeling so bad about my present 23% bf. Cuz those ladies are pretty smokin'.
  • yomikeya
    yomikeya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman but a word of advice. It takes a LOT of weight lifting to develop "masculine looking muscles" ESPECIALLY on a woman. You really need to lift some weights, especially if you are concerned with tightening your skin. Believe me, doing some low weight, high rep lifting (or bodyweight) exercises is going to be really beneficial in the long run and most definitely will not detract from your feminine form.
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I found this video on Pinterest, and just watching it made my arms hurt, but it's designed to help tone your arms without bulking them up. Hope this helps! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=4dQOBbLnk7o
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Just keep you body fat higher and you won't show any muscles.

You are getting a lot of grief instead of a good explanation of what it takes to get what you are after.

1)start lifting heavy and doing high intensity interval training
    2)get on a calorie deficit and monitor your body fat instead of just your weight
    3)when you hit the look you want, start eating at maintenance and lift just once a week
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    skin firming lotion
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about muscle definition. You won't get it if you aren't specifically trying for it. My arm exercises are around 70-80 (and working my way up) pounds and I don't think I look bulky or muscular at all. And it did help with the flab-- the arm parts of my clothes are definitely getting looser. I do incline, decline, and military presses at 80 pounds (3 sets with ten reps each) and pull downs at 70 pounds (3 sets, ten reps each). There may be better exercises (I'm not a weight lifting expert) but those are working well for me.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    You guys are absolutely not answering OP's question. She is seeking the exact formula for the body she wants to achieve and you are all keeping the secret from her.

Dear, you need to buy some 12.18 lb dumbbells (they come in a variety of colors, just check amazon. I prefer purple, some like pink, both are equally effective). Then you need to only do 10 curls, 3 times a day, no more, no less and only 10 minutes before you eat your first meal of the day. At that point you should begin to see the exact level of muscle to body fat ratio that you desire (i.e. toning). Be careful you do not do a single rep more than what I have prescribed or you will have all sorts of muscle popping out everywhere, within minutes in some cases! Good luck on your journey!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you but you body is already covered in muscles. They are literally every where.

This.

I don't know why women are afraid to lift weights and build muscle. You won't look like a huge body builder. And as you get older, you will wish you had more muscle. Helps you burn more calories overall and as you get older you lose muscle thus burn less calories...