Wear Your Weight

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bru, you are such an inspiration. I just told my skinny a** DH about you and he was totally thumbs up. He said you were to be applauded. I am glad we share a thread together. You are such good people and only deserve the good vibes coming your way.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! I knew people out there would honk in support1 Hooray for your town and Hooray for you! PS - you may want to correct your header on your blog as it currently says "Wear You Weight". :happy:
    I know, I planned on it only being for that journey, but I've decided to change it anyway :wink:
  • theartsymom
    Options
    I LOVE THAT IDEA!! I should gain some self confidence and do the same. At least it would motivate me! :)
  • ARussell01
    ARussell01 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there -- I just wanted to let you know that when I see someone working out (big or small) my husband and I always say to each other. GOOD FOR THEM! THAT'S AWESOME! So maybe next time you see people staring or honking, some of them are just impressed.
  • ARussell01
    ARussell01 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there -- I just wanted to let you know that when I see someone working out (big or small) my husband and I always say to each other. GOOD FOR THEM! THAT'S AWESOME! So maybe next time you see people staring or honking, some of them are just impressed.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    This is so something I would do. I get fed up easily with people's blatant rudeness. Not everyone's Mama taught 'em right. You go girl. We support you no matter what!!!!!!!:happy:
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I really admire your determination and self confidence. You are an inspriation to all. As your number gets smaller, so should your sign. Make those who may have scoffed earlier take a good look to see how far you've come. Kudos to you!:smile:
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Well done. You are an inspiration. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I love this idea, and you are such a strong person!!! Good for you!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I know I have felt this way in the past, and I still feel self conscious about running in public. I even will walk or jog in my work clothes on my break and wonder what people will think of me. It is great that you are taking the power back to yourself and inspiring people along the way!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Bru . . you are a bit crazy, but I like it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You are a brave and beautiful young woman!

I would wear a sign that says " I lost 36 pounds and walked 100 miles this month!" Or something like that.

People can be ignorant...............I would proudly walk next to you:flowerforyou:
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You rock. I think you are awesome to keep at for yourself and no one else. You will get to your goal and be happier and healthier for it.

I hope to see more encouraging post for you.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Love this!
    I wish I was this brave!
  • taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Options
    WOW!

Seriously, well done. I don't know anyone at all that would be that courageous (not to mention tenacious!) where I live.
    Most people here look at someone my weight and shake their heads, muttering under their breath.

The bravest I've ever been concerning that is when someone made a comment to their husband about my walking stick....she said something like "well, its clear why she has THAT!" (I was on a bus with my fiancee and even he heard it; so she wasnt subtle). He went to say something; but I stopped him, leaned over and smiled very sweetly....and then said:

"Well, gosh, you must be able to see inside my body like an xray if you're able to see M.E and fibromyalgia just by looking at me!"

She went a bit quiet after that.....

Point is - I'm in awe of what you've done and continue to do.
    Good job on not letting the ignorance of the masses upset you!!
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You rock. i would love to see that passing by!
    I bet the majority of those staring haven't done anything for their health today.
    The sign is food for their brain! It would be nice if your message stuck and maybe next time they'll examine themselves instead!
  • vdubteach23
    Options
    I love this! Way to let them have it. People are so judgmental. They're probably just jealous that you're moving better than they can. I love when I hit the gym and see girls that are size 0 and they can't even walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Being healthy is what matters and I love that you have the spunk and pride to wear your weight!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! And it inspired me to do something similar. A few weeks ago, I had a body fat test, and it was 27%. Rats! Not bad, but I'd hoped it would be lower. So the next time I went to they gym, I took a permanent marker and wrote "27" on my inner forearm. While I was doing weights, every time I thought I didn't have one more rep in me, I'd glance down and see that big, black, accusatory "27" and gut out one more. Same for when I was on the elliptical. Just looking over and seeing that number on my arm was all I needed to hang in there for another 15 minutes.

I figure by the time it wears off, maybe I'll be able to replace it with a "26". :wink:

Keep up the good work!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Here's my newest update : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife/view/it-just-never-gets-old-38335

Thank you all for you support!! And WTG on wearing your % on your arm!! Great job!!