152 lbs lost (Vid & pic)

Options

Replies

• GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Shameless self bump :flowerforyou:

Nothing shameless about it, we all need constant validation to keep going - or at least it helps to have other people tell you how awesomely you're doing. I'm super impressed, thank you for sharing the photos.

Like you I don't have that many before photos, and certainly not full body shots, but I'm putting together a little album now and am both sad and amazed that I didn't realise for the longest time just how bad it had gotten.

Impressive guns - keep up the good work ;-)
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just amazing my man! Congratulations what an amazing transformation.
  • gamersgym
    gamersgym Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I try to check out success stories at least once a week to keep me motivated. Your story and video is amazing. You must feel as great as you look. Thank you for sharing!!!

No problem! Glad I can help with motivation.
  • gamersgym
    Options
    I just shared your story with my b/f to help encourage him in his weight loss goals. He is just starting and about 40lbs above your start weight. It was so great having your story/pictures/videos to share with him because it is so hard to find great stories like these with males!

Thank you so much for showing him that it CAN be done and now he is more willing to join me in my weight loss journey as well!

Congrats on all your success, you are an amazing motivator!

Hopefully it helped and continues to help! Its not always easy...but it is possible.
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you look like a completely different person. Good for you you look terrific.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great job, bro! And good call on removing the beard.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Much thanks everyone. I'm still not even close to where I want to be so I'm not satisfied yet.
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! Congrats!
    Did you plateau and if so how did you push through? I'm dealing with that now.

After the first year, and it was a combination of things. I had eaten low calorie so long without a cheat day. Once I started eating more, I actually lost more weight. I also switched to HIIT instead of long cardio sessions. The rest was patience.

So glad you posted this........I've been almost a year on MFP and 85lbs lost and man has that plateau wall snuck up hard. However I upped my calories and changed and added some new exercise like yoga and spinning classes and I feel like the wall is crumbling and things are moving again finally. CONGRATS to you - what a freaking amazing transformation. You should be super proud of yourself!
  • synnglemommm
    synnglemommm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is truly an amazing transformation. I turned 50 in January and weighed 262 lbs, am Type I diabetic, have HBP, high cholesterol and my dr has been bugging me for the past year to lose weight and exercise. When I turned 50, I didn't want to look and feel like a 50 year old so I made the resolution in February to start WW and a few weeks into it switched to MFP because I was seeing what I was eating better than by counting points. I started on 2/24/13 and joined our local gym the week after and go to the gym (not much with the machines yet because I'm still new) but do anywhere between an hour and an hour and 10 mins between the treadmill and elliptical. I've completely changed my eating habits cutting out all red meats, 90% of the bad fats, switched to almond milk, and other things. I read labels now more so than before and as of today, 9 weeks later, I've lost 26.4 lbs. I have since lost 10% of my starting weight. I know I have a long way to go, but am trying to work hard. I have a friend who is s personal trainer and he does workouts in his yard (functional, endurance and power hour) each is a separate day and I'm working through it.

Seeing your pictures gives me the motivation to say "I can".
  • janfinnegan
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Way to go! :smile:
  • Tikarose30
    Tikarose30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you still game? Congratulations on your success. :)

Yes, but not too much on the video side of things. In the "after" picture in the OP, you'll notice some tabletop mini's on the table that I was painting.

Same with me.. Less video.. more tabletop. :)
  • gamersgym
    Options
    Wow! I'm glad you shared your story because I know you'll be an inspiration to so many on this site! You look AMAZING!!!

Thank you and hopefully you're right :)
  • WJO1867
    WJO1867 Posts: 5
    Options
    bump
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person! How incredible!

I, too, love beards! Especially red beards! LOL
  • AleshiaBunting
    AleshiaBunting Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Thank you for sharing!
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing!
  • gamersgym
    Options
    Shameless self bump :flowerforyou:

Nothing shameless about it, we all need constant validation to keep going - or at least it helps to have other people tell you how awesomely you're doing. I'm super impressed, thank you for sharing the photos.

Like you I don't have that many before photos, and certainly not full body shots, but I'm putting together a little album now and am both sad and amazed that I didn't realise for the longest time just how bad it had gotten.

Impressive guns - keep up the good work ;-)

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not a super social creature, so this is all a little out of character for me. However, I feel a need to try and help people who are/were in the same situation. Those who know the same pain.
  • gamersgym
    Options
    Do you still game? Congratulations on your success. :)

Yes, but not too much on the video side of things. In the "after" picture in the OP, you'll notice some tabletop mini's on the table that I was painting.

Same with me.. Less video.. more tabletop. :)

Sweet! I don't have time for much anymore, so I usually keep it simple. On the videogame side I play a lot of old arcade games, particularly Street Fighter. Tabletop wise, I play a lot of board games now. What about you?
  • gamersgym
    Options
    This is truly an amazing transformation. I turned 50 in January and weighed 262 lbs, am Type I diabetic, have HBP, high cholesterol and my dr has been bugging me for the past year to lose weight and exercise. When I turned 50, I didn't want to look and feel like a 50 year old so I made the resolution in February to start WW and a few weeks into it switched to MFP because I was seeing what I was eating better than by counting points. I started on 2/24/13 and joined our local gym the week after and go to the gym (not much with the machines yet because I'm still new) but do anywhere between an hour and an hour and 10 mins between the treadmill and elliptical. I've completely changed my eating habits cutting out all red meats, 90% of the bad fats, switched to almond milk, and other things. I read labels now more so than before and as of today, 9 weeks later, I've lost 26.4 lbs. I have since lost 10% of my starting weight. I know I have a long way to go, but am trying to work hard. I have a friend who is s personal trainer and he does workouts in his yard (functional, endurance and power hour) each is a separate day and I'm working through it.

Seeing your pictures gives me the motivation to say "I can".

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you are finding success. I'm honored that I can provide you with motivation, thank you for taking the time to check out my story. Thank you for adding me, i look forward to following your experience.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Such an inspiration!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You don't even look like the same person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!