Do you really think rice cakes are healthy?

Options

Replies

• Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    3 billion Chinese can't be wong
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

3 billion?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

3 billion?

ssshhh. He's a Dr. Don't question the doctor!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

3 billion?

ssshhh. He's a Dr. Don't question the doctor!

Maybe he's counting ones that are no longer with us?
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I hate most rice cakes and don't bother with them, but my mum used to buy these luxury ones from a local deli and they were amazing. They were only a few calories each and had no additional flavour to them, so I don't know what was luxury about them or why they tasted so good- but they did!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it's not filling at. all. I don't bother with them. When I did buy them, I end up eating almost the whole bag, not so low calorie if the serving size is the container.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I use kallo organic wholegrain ones. Two ingredients of wholegrain rice and sea salt. Very tasty with some pb and banana!
  • MSM3M3
    MSM3M3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rice is starch body takes a while to break it done and majority of it gets stored as fat and also its all about an indiv. metabolism cause my former trainer ate like everything he had no bizz eating or if i was to eat like him i would be slowly killing myself. so i think once you do get your metabolism trained down pack which u can do u can get what ever u want cause your metabolism got your back burns it into energy and fat is not stored. i also notice PPL saying what bout the Asians they eat a lot of rice but there genetics is whats helping them notice they eat rice with a lot f veggies. its all about genetics and metabolism when it comes to losing weight bet metabo. can be trained might be 3 times the work for different ppl but can be done.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    They are a great way to transport my maple almond butter to my mouth.

Seriously no one food is the devil if you practice portion control.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! All these posts for rice cakes? Possibly the most boring food ever.

The trolls have truly won.
  • joicemc1212
    Options
    Rice cakes certainly aren't impressive in the nutrition department, but they're not a bad snack option if used as a substitute for chips and cookies.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options

Yeah of course why not ........3 billion Chinese can't be "wong", they ought to be Wang,Li,Zang,Yang
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Rice isn't racist.

Best thing I've read all day
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I use kallo organic wholegrain ones. Two ingredients of wholegrain rice and sea salt. Very tasty with some pb and banana!

I have this too...........Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savoury........Boiled sliced eggs with Ham/Tomatoes/cucumber
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You people should really learn to read nutritional labels before making your assertions. Rice cakes are almost a completely pure carb source you can use them in many ways and meals.

Seriously. All these people talking about whether or not they are "clean" or "healthy" don't seem to understand that ALL food is just a mix of carbs, protein and fat. Eat whatever you want to meet your macronutrient goals first, and try to get as many micronutrients as you can. A friggin rice cake or two is not going to make or break your efforts. Hell, even when I was CONTEST dieting my coach had me eating rice cakes post-workout.

Buying rice cakes made from brown rice, organic rice, or made my monks living on a mountain top who only speak when the moon is full... makes no difference. I'm so tired of the 'food superiority' complexes some people have!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes certainly aren't impressive in the nutrition department, but they're not a bad snack option if used as a substitute for chips and cookies.

So... just eat chips and cookies then. Calories matter first and foremost. If I want a cookie, I'm going to eat a cookie, not eat rice cakes attempting to make the cookie craving go away.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    No rice!

Rice is not good for health

Care to explain why. Seriously, I am very interested. I am sceptic about many health claims online though so care to explain via some linked peer-reviewed studies why rice is not good for your health?

See, i have a been there done that experiences and i am telling from my own experience and not making up...

Rice contains a lot of carbs, these carbs when digested into the system is converted into fats and you know what happens when a lot of fat is accumulated in the body...

Rice is good for people who work very very hard like farmers and peasants of developing country and not for people in USA.

My weight loss was slow initially but became rapid when i completely abandoned rice!

so.much.bro.science.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No but they taste nice with vegemite on them

ooohhhh yeah
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    they are low calorie. thats all ive got to say. oh and i ate some today and im not fat............
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    You people should really learn to read nutritional labels before making your assertions. Rice cakes are almost a completely pure carb source you can use them in many ways and meals.

Seriously. All these people talking about whether or not they are "clean" or "healthy" don't seem to understand that ALL food is just a mix of carbs, protein and fat. Eat whatever you want to meet your macronutrient goals first, and try to get as many micronutrients as you can. A friggin rice cake or two is not going to make or break your efforts. Hell, even when I was CONTEST dieting my coach had me eating rice cakes post-workout.

Buying rice cakes made from brown rice, organic rice, or made my monks living on a mountain top who only speak when the moon is full... makes no difference. I'm so tired of the 'food superiority' complexes some people have!

thank you!!!