WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2013

Options

Replies

• Mojee000
    Mojee000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first post here.....hi everyone! I am looking to being a better me for May. Eating healthy foods, enjoying my life, getting plenty of fresh air and exercise at the barn with my horse. I am at my original goal weight and am setting a new one. I'm going to get the last 6 lbs off in May. :smile:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Happy May Day!!!

Barbie:smile: Thanks for the new thread:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Brooke:smile: Congrats on the great phone interview!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you:flowerforyou: !

Robin:smile: What a great surprise from your kids:love: !!!! Love your hair:love: ! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Joy:smile: So nice to see you again:flowerforyou: ! Ear infections are so not fun, I have to use Nasonex to keep from getting them:frown: . Glad you`re back!!!

Marcia:smile: Good luck on your dental appt. today:flowerforyou: !

Michele:smile: 2 chairs by the pool you say:glasses: ??? One for you and one for me:bigsmile: ???? I too, would be wanting the red clay covered up!

Welcome to everyone new, this is the best thread on MFP!!! Come in often!

I have to find my goals for April:embarassed: , I know one of them was to have my closet cleaned out, I have 1/2 of it done:ohwell: . I will be back later to review how I`ve done for April and what my goals will be for May.

Have a wonderful Wednesday beauties!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in cloudy, cool NC
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! After managing to work two whole days in one yesterday (17+ hours) I finally was able to call it a night around 9:30pm. I slept like the dead – and woke up to no more quarterly reports! Yay!

I’m taking a mental health day today to go work in the yard. Fortunately not all of the US is getting socked with snow today, just the middle part. Wow. Twenty inches in CO? Crazy. Happy May Day!

Katla, your day sounds wonderful – enjoy! I like Subway, but the past few times I’ve been it’s been at a badly-run shop – they’ve been out of most ingredients, which is disappointing. I hope you have a good experience.

Jmk – ask if one of the trainers can help you with developing an exercise program tailored for your MS and other conditions. I’m sure they can help.

Renny, good for you!

Barbie, I’m sure Bernie got attention, just the wrong kind :laugh:.

Robin, look at your hair! It is so gorgeous . And I’m so happy your DDs were able to come see you – how fun. You sound more relaxed.

Liz, so glad you’re pushing through everything to get a workout in – it makes such a difference. Ooh, good luck with maybe getting to cut back at work.

Viv, I’m with you – there’s no point in doing a bunch of things if you’re doing them all badly. I need to slow down and make sure they’re correct.

DeeDee, so happy you’re happy! The Queen should always be happy :laugh:.

Ok, I’m sorry to cut it short but I promised myself a mental health day today, and that includes getting away from the computer and outside while the sun is shining. Have a wonderful day all!

M.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,088 Member
    Options
    May, May, May Day!! Virtual May baskets to each and every dear Vitamin F lady!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day and May 1st.A beautiful day in the 80`s.
    Tomorrow rain and cooler for my birthday.
    Have a great day!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day lovelies!

April: Log, move and listen Every Day! - Did better listening than logging and moving the first half of April. Retirement practice vacation was a lot of fun and walking but a total bust on the moderation front. The last 10 days have been better with logging and moving... listening not so much :ohwell:

No longer weighing daily, :noway: but only Mondays to try to moderate weekends. Want to start some resistance training, need to change the lean/fat proportions and do something about this barrel that should be a waist and belly.:laugh:

Trying to retrain the brain to see matwork as desirable. It does feel good afterwards and does make dancing possible, keep telling SnakeBrain "See? We LIKE to do this!"

Other things I'd like to accomplish (undone goals from months past) learn how to use the HRM monitor that's been gathering dust for years, learn how to use smart phone for walking motivation, find time (not from matwork :bigsmile: ) to at least scan posts daily.

Thanks for sticking with me, dear Vitamin F Friends!
    Hugs,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD of the healthier waist in 2013.

2013: Focus on the important stuff
    May: Log, matwork, sweat EVERY day
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    morning my lovelies,
    didn't go to the gym today, seems I get there every other day, but hey its better than not going at all..
    I think I have hit my first plateau,but I know I will push through it....well gonna see if I can skype with the DD and DGH, talk with you all tonight:wink:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone:

Have had 2 bad days in a row. Now that it is a new month my resolutions:

Walk at least 3X a week
    Log my calories
    Drink more water

BBL

Cindy
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    It's only 8:24am on May 1st and already 2 pages:noway:

Not sure if i will have time to get back here to read and no time now....but I'm thinking of all of you and hoping that this month will be better than last.

I met some of my April goals and fell short on my "cleaning out the closet" goals.

May i will try to

Work out at least 23 days
    Log in at least one day each weekend (it's the weekends that are getting to me)
    Clean out those closets

I'm sure I should be setting more goals but can't get my thoughts around them right now.

Have a great day all and don't forget to drink your water:drinker:

Laura80111 in Colorado where it's snowing again today and since we need the moisture I won't complain that winter keeps coming back after we had 80 just a few days ago:wink:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy May! Best month on earth
    To dig in the dirt for all you're worth!
    Grow them 'maters, peppers, corn,
    Another season is finally born.

Gosh, I've been a busy bee!
    Gardening, daily for me
    Much to plant and lots to do
    Thought I'd stop by to say Hi to you!

All the best to everyone reaching goals this month! I'm needing to get back to aerobic workouts & strength training. Gardening gobbles up my time! If you'd like to view some progress pics of the community garden plots where hubby and I garden, feel free to view my blog post from this morning:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jb_2011

Yay for May! :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb from sunny, frosty Portland (That's one single strawberry in the palm of my hand, bought them the other day, huge!)
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Happy May!! Sun is shining here but there was frost on the bird bath. Bound to be a beautiful day.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy May! I had some trouble finding the thread this time and I don't really understand why. I'm here now and happy about it.:bigsmile: This group is so important to me. Thank you Barbie, and thank you everyone who participates.:love:

My goals are working for me and I'm not changing. Here they are:

1. Log every bite.
    2. Move more.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    (Sorry this is a duplicate post [first paragraph], but I wanted to thank those who may not have had the time to “finish” the April thread).

:love: Many thanks for crossed fingers & toes, prayers and general good vibes for me and my phone interview this morning! I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a better interview (phone or in-person). There was a personality connection, which is much harder I find over the phone AND the job itself sounds like a perfect fit for my skills, experience and interests. So, the next step is waiting to see if I’m selected for an in-person interview, hopefully next week sometime. The recruiter I spoke to today will be meeting with the business owners on Thursday to present the resumes and her notes and observations on the candidates she spoke with. So, patience is in order now (which is ironic, because I’ve always said that in the hereafter I’m going to be a graceful, patient morning person because I am none of those things this time around :blushing: )

SBrownAllison – Welcome!! Glad you’ve been reading and getting acquainted and now decided to post. Your workout routine sounds terrific, good luck with the new weight classes. Hope the PNW continues to provide sunny weather for outside exercise. :smile:

Eileen – Excellent NSV when you have to go down a size!!! I just bought several spring/summer items because I’ve got the same issue (not problem) :happy:

Viv – kudos for achieving your pre-Christmas weight!!! Hoping the sun shines for you today :flowerforyou:

Sunshine – Sorry you ended up sick when you got home but hope you first enjoyed the “maternal cruise”. Good job on keeping the weight gain in check (impressive!). Let us know how the Fast Metabolism Diet works out for you. :smile:

Christschild2 – “my characters keep changing personalities” :laugh: I so like your goal for May I’d like your permission to borrow it and add it to my own

Gonzamm – Thank you for sharing your goals, everyone else’s provide me extra inspiration for my own! :happy:

Marcia – Prayers for calm and healing are on their way to you now!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Lea – Excellent strategy with the lace-up sneakers (every little bit counts) :wink: Hope you have a great trip, I for one love to camp!

Moey000 - Welcome, so glad you posted! You obviously have already had success on this journey so do please come back and share what strategies have worked for you and what you’ll be doing in May to complete your goal :happy:

M. – Praise be for no more quarterly reports!!!! Enjoy your (well-deserved) mental health day and soak up some glorious sunshine. :flowerforyou:

Brooke from Colorado

“Don’t waste what you have worrying about what you don’t.”
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Hello to all and happy May Day! We had rain and snow last night, supposed to be an high of 34 degrees today. My dog got her cable tangled up in the lilac bush last night. I went to untangle it and as soon as it was loose she headed for the porch. Unfortunately I was still holding on to it and she pulled me over. Fell on my left arm and ended up in the emergency room. They took x-rays and there is a possible separation of the AC joint in my shoulder. I see the orthopedist today. In the meantime I am in a sling and taking Vicodin for pain.

One of my April goals was to ride my horse once a week. Mother nature foiled me on that one.
    May goals are to do walk thirty minutes three days a week, swim three days per week and cut back on refined carbs.

Everyone have a healthy May and good luck with your goals. Sue in SD
  • kareneross
    kareneross Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen. I'd like to join your board. I am 55 . Married for 33 years. I've had a weight problem and bad body image my whole life I've succeeded with diets than over time always put the weight back. I have lost 15 lbs in the past few months. 5 in the last 2 weeks. I have been eating healthy. some organics, making good choices, learning portion control. Counting calories and walking. MFP has become my friend.
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Welcome Karen. Come here for lots of support. Good for you for losing already!

Cindy
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm jumping back in for May. I have taken a break from reading this thread for a few months. I've sort of taken a break from everything except logging in and walking. I have been faithful to those. I have been playing with the same 3 lbs since January. My May goal is to hit Onederland. That was also my Christmas goal, my Valentine's goal, and my daughter's birthday (Apr 14) goal and I haven't reached it yet. I am only 3 lbs away, but it's like there is a mental block against losing more weight.

I've really struggled a lot lately with excess snacking and sugar. It hasn't put any weight back on, but it hasn't been helpful in my weight loss efforts either.

My 2nd May goal is to keep up with this thread to hold me more accountable.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

All the best to everyone reaching goals this month! I'm needing to get back to aerobic workouts & strength training. Gardening gobbles up my time! If you'd like to view some progress pics of the community garden plots where hubby and I garden, feel free to view my blog post from this morning:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jb_2011

Yay for May! :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb from sunny, frosty Portland (That's one single strawberry in the palm of my hand, bought them the other day, huge!)

I LOVE your blog and pictures! I wish we had community gardens available here. If there are any, I don't know about them. We drive past some on our way to the Chinese Medicine Doctor in Portland, and it pleases me to see them.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Katla: Try searching for community gardens or community harvest in your area. I know you can buy into some of the farms around here.

Cindy
  • sharitrasksantose
    sharitrasksantose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here. I am a mother and grandmother with some health issues, but am ready to start this battle!:smile: