At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I ate Oreos..... I am pretty sure I kept them in business for a while....... Mine was more about Quanity of food vs. Quality.... now its the other way around! I would much rather have less of a good quality food.

I also skipped breakfast and drank soda all day long and never moved....
    Thank Goodness thats over with
  • chelseasunrise
    Options
    I was pregnant! I had pre-eclampsia. I just basically ate all day long. Not always unhealthy. The main things I craved and ate were: Chocolate soy milk, sweet potato, garlic bread, pizza, any type of Mexican food, sandwiches with tuna tomato avocado and cheese, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, tim tams, macaroni cheese, lots of home made vegetable soups my favourite at the end was beetroot soup aka borscht and so much more! My main problem foods were dairy - cheese, cheese, milk and more cheese. Funny that my son was born with cow's milk protein intolerance!! I literally felt like all I did in the last few weeks was sleep, pee and eat. I put on 41kg (90lbs) in my pregnancy (a lot was oedema but not all of it as I'm still losing weight now).
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is very embarrassing, but:

I didn't give a second though to anything I ate. If I wanted to eat something, I did. And I ALWAYS wanted to eat something. I binged daily. My typical day was: a chocolate muffin (or two) and a flavored coffee energy drink for breakfast; a candy bar or cookie for snack; fried chicken tenders, chips, a soda, and a dessert for lunch; some bingeing for another snack (whatever was around); a HUGE dinner (either McDonald's or if I was cooking it would be some elaborate high-fat and high-carb meal); and of course another dessert. If I went to the coffee shop with a friend, I would always order a cooler (frappeccino) or mocha. I was 310 pounds at my heaviest. I didn't work out, but I would go out of my way to get the food I wanted.

But to whoever said it was "fun"-Ha! It so was! lol. But also not worth it.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was usually pop tarts or toaster strudel. Lunch was fast food. Dinner was sometimes fast food as well, but when I cooked, it was heavy, delicious, fattening food. I also ate a ton of candy, cookies, ice cream, etc. It's amazing how I can look back at it now and think "WHY did I do that to myself?" but at the time, it seemed totally normal to me.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When I look back to 300lbs, I see that I was eating 3000-4000 calories most days. A whole calzone for dinner(over 2000 cal!), almost a whole loaded pizza at a time, fast food-double everything and add bacon. Give me a extra large fry with it too! Asking the server to bring more bread or more chips over and over. Tons of cake, ice cream...treats every meal of every day. Everything processed to death and full of sugar.

It is all about balance now. You don't have to skip out on the foods you love to lose weight. You just have to know the concequence of what you are eating and adjust everything else accordingly. :)
  • Joey_TheGreat
    Options
    anything and EVERYTHING. FOREVER BULKING
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I didn't eat breakfast. I worked at a pizza place so that was my lunch and dinner a lot of the times. I did no physical activity. Of course I eat a lot of junk food and I was a fast food junkie.

Funny thing is i still eat junk food, at times. I still eat what I want, just not as much. So far 40 pounds down.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a totally normal, Canada Food Guide "healthy" diet (too many carbs and not enough veg. Especially for a vegetarian).

And then I'd sabotage my "good" eating by polishing off an entire bag of chips, almost every night.
    And if it wasn't chips, it was candy.

Oh and booze. Like, alcoholic amounts of booze.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I ate the same things, but 3-4 times more of them. I still go to McDonald's for breakfast, but now I get one sandwich instead of 2 and (usually) no hashbrowns. For dinner, I eat one serving instead of half of what I made (which was probably 2-3 servings at least). I eat 2 Oreo's instead of 8. I eat one donut instead of the whole box. Oh, and I didn't eat yogurt or cottage cheese on a daily basis, and probably ate at least twice the carbs. I prefer protein and fat now.

Side note: I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant which I was able to control with diet. I actually lost weight pregnant, and gained it all back when I went back to eating extra carby. I've basically gone back to a GD diet, which means I still eat carbs, just not as many, and I make sure to offset my carbs with protein at every meal.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    every morning started out with a McDonalds chicken biscuit and a large sweet tea meal. lunch would be ordered out everyday(chipotle, roy rogers, subway...) dinner would either be ramen noodles with 2 hot dogs cut up and a sandwich on the side, or a box of velveeta shells and cheese with hot dog. sodas all day. then i'd get hungry in the middle of the night so sandwhich and chips or more ramen. i was a boxed and processed food junkie. I know i ate more than 3000-4000 calories every day and way more than anyone's daily allotment of sodium. it was horrible.

When we'd order pizza i would order a large just for myelf(the $5 ones from little ceasers)
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Breakfast would consist of a sugary cereal or eggs and hashbrowns or pancakes with peanut butter. Lunch would usually be an unhealthy sandwich or a can of chef boyardee or pizza rolls with sour cream. Dinner was almost always pasta, pizza, or ground beef based...and I almost always had seconds at dinner. Lots of pop and snacks which were snack cakes, ice cream, cookies, and chocolate. Fruits and veggies were limited in my diet and when I did eat them they were usually covered in something unhealthy. I probably ate around 3000 calories a day.

29871885.png
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looking back at it , I was horrible.

I would not eat breakfast.

A fast food lunch ( Maybe). Three burgers and side items. SMH

Then a really good dinner that I would make. Half the time the stuff would be nutritional, We love veggies, we eat lean meats- but Rice, Pasta and Bread was the killer. Along with Cheese. I'd probably eat two servings of everything and by that time- (after lunch) I was probably at 3,500 calories plus.

We did go out often- and that was always a splurge, bread basket, fried apperizers, then sa dinner salad, and then the food, and then maybe a dessert too. If time was short- fast food for dinner, - I figured since the burger was a buck- I could eat 3 of them right? With a large fry? And a pop? Or maybe a double whopper with a large fry? Add onion rings and a pie and pop?

I rarely drank pop, buyt sweet ice tea,lemondade, juice were bad culprits, even though I drank a ton of water. Then because i thought i didnt eat breakfast. I would eat dessert. Cookies by the tray full, homemade brownies or whatever, take the box of ice cream upstairs, Candy bars, etc etc Oh MAN.

At the end of the day- I was probably taking in 5,000 calories.

It was fun- But being HUGE was not.
  • hannahthesoundgirl
    hannahthesoundgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just about the same, but with the addition of nearly a pint of ice cream every night, usually with chocolate shell or syrup or peanut butter cups/oreos mixed in. My husband jokingly measures ice cream not in scoops but "Hannahs". "How much ice cream do you want? 1 Hannah, 2 Hannahs?" Now, when we do have ice cream, I answer with "A half of a Hannah, please." But even before I started trying to lose weight, I still ate lots of veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. I probably ate more bread before...and definitely drank more soda. I still love soda...I just don't let myself have it very often anymore.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fast food...and lots of late nights where I would eat an entire pizza by myself while feeling sorry about my self.

so glad not to be there anymore!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'd head to work and since I work in a hospital, in the morning I'd go straight to the dining facility and grab either a giant cinnamon roll or some scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. We also have a shoppette (or mini convenient store) so I'd go in there and buy a huge iced starbuck double shot coffee and either a huge bag of hot cheetos or hot fries to babysit throughout the day.

By the time lunch came around I'd either go grab a burger from our dining facility or my co-workers and I would order take-out, usually chinese and I'd get a HUGE chicken fried rice with tons of soy sauce.

By the time I got home me and my boyfriend at the time would usually grab fast food. On our crazy frivolous nights (once or twice a week) we'd go grab a combo from usually Whataburger and it HAD to end with an extra large ice cream from dairy queen or we'd finish the day off with two medium sized pizzas from dominos.
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great question, and most of the answers ring true to me!

My worst habit was the lack of control with sweet things. I'd often (couple of times a week) eat either a full tub of Ben and Jerrys or a Share Size bag of peanut M&Ms - there was no stopping me! Plus I had no idea about food groups - thought that potato and pasta and bread were the foundations of a good meal and the rest was just an add on.

Even on what I suppose was quite a 'healthy' day (somewhere near my TDEE I imagine although I'd never heard of such a thing), I'd always ruin it with some kind of comfort food and a complete lack of exercise.

Its really helpful to put this into words actually because it shows just how far I've come... I have no idea how I managed to keep my weight below obese, but when I found out my BF% was 37% (at a weight of 135lbs) I started to make changes.

MFP is responsible for helping me become controlled, reduce cravings, understand nutrition and keep me going, what a brilliant place this is! :love:
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    A crapton of sugar and empty calories-- I'd drink a little over 1000 calories worth of sodas and sugary drinks everyday (yes, I did think back and count it up. I was curious) and I'd pretty much have just one very calorie dense/ nutritionally empty meal a day (for example, the combo I usually got at a place like Sonic burger would run me nearly 2000 calories, with the drink). After that meal, I'd graze the rest of the day on things like cookies, ice cream, or chips with fruit thrown in. I'd always eat until I was stuffed so full I felt physically bad and now, I'll eat until I am satiated. Thinking back, I didn't really make a huge change to the volume I eat, I just switched out junk for better options.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to even remember what a "typical" day was, starting out on mfp.
    My weight has fluctuated so much throughout my life, but now I'm maintaining/still losing for longer than ever.

I started gaining weight when I moved in with my now-ex (not blaming him, I have no one to blame but myself... but this contributed to it). Looking back, I think the main problem was being depressed and not knowing it, because I didn't have very much respect for myself.

I started out eating what he ate to please him (I know, very sad!!). I stopped eating as a vegetarian, and started eating everything. Even if it made me sick. I would make lots of chicken or steak dishes with lots of olive oil and butter. Or we would get fast food: Wendy's (across the street.. we drove, btw), Taco Bell, whatever....

I began eating family dinners of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. And giant plates full of white rice with teriyaki chicken and then ice cream and cake. Mostly the problem was portion, but I took no account...

I watched too much TV and didn't have the motivation to do any exercise besides cleaning.

Luckily, I literally just woke up one day (at somewhere around 150-160 lbs on a 5'1" frame) and thought #%&@ this! I tried watching portion size and went on walks with my parents. Then, I started logging my calories and jogging or walking on the treadmill almost every other day or so. It's been a yearlong journey, and I'm still struggling in a lot of ways, but now I eat pescatarian, mostly clean, and run 2-3 times per week. Mostly I'm grateful for the mental change that's come from all of this. Respecting my body has taught me respect for myself, and I think that is much more important than looking hot in a bathing suit.

Anyway, I guess that was more than the question asked but I guess I'm in a storytelling mood right now! Lol
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Hmm..

My BIGGEST was about 280 lbs.

Breakfast:
    Dunkin or Mcdonalds for breakfast almost every morning, coffee hashbrowns some type of sandwich, sometimes two.

Lunch:
    Sandwich, Wendies, KFC.. whatever was around

Dinner:
    Wings, pizza, whatever!!

Basically, at my largest, I never cooked. Ever. It was a dark moment in my life, depression was very high and I was in an awful relationship, as soon as I left that situation I lost 35 lbs on accident lol. 5 or so years later I am now 186 lbs.

The key, is COOKING YOUR FOOD!!! You know what you're eating, you feel better, and you can eat more if you want to.

I look back and I can't understand how I wasnt really sick, how I didnt have diabetes or even heart issues!!! I can't even do all that on a cheat day anymore! I would be sick as hell!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to even remember what a "typical" day was, starting out on mfp.
    My weight has fluctuated so much throughout my life, but now I'm maintaining/still losing for longer than ever.

I started gaining weight when I moved in with my now-ex (not blaming him, I have no one to blame but myself... but this contributed to it). Looking back, I think the main problem was being depressed and not knowing it, because I didn't have very much respect for myself.

I started out eating what he ate to please him (I know, very sad!!). I stopped eating as a vegetarian, and started eating everything. Even if it made me sick. I would make lots of chicken or steak dishes with lots of olive oil and butter. Or we would get fast food: Wendy's (across the street.. we drove, btw), Taco Bell, whatever....

I began eating family dinners of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. And giant plates full of white rice with teriyaki chicken and then ice cream and cake. Mostly the problem was portion, but I took no account...

I watched too much TV and didn't have the motivation to do any exercise besides cleaning.

Luckily, I literally just woke up one day (at somewhere around 150-160 lbs on a 5'1" frame) and thought #%&@ this! I tried watching portion size and went on walks with my parents. Then, I started logging my calories and jogging or walking on the treadmill almost every other day or so. It's been a yearlong journey, and I'm still struggling in a lot of ways, but now I eat pescatarian, mostly clean, and run 2-3 times per week. Mostly I'm grateful for the mental change that's come from all of this. Respecting my body has taught me respect for myself, and I think that is much more important than looking hot in a bathing suit.

Anyway, I guess that was more than the question asked but I guess I'm in a storytelling mood right now! Lol