At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Well, i'd skip breakfast at home, make sure my daughter ate something nutritious and wholesome, drop her off at Daycare and then head over to either Carl's Jr for a Famous Star (w/o cheese or mayo) ok, sometimes I'd add cheese, but not always and never mayo, blech...Or a Jumbo Jack, no cheese and no mayo (never cheese on a jumbo jack), typically an extra large dr. pepper, some mornings I'd splurge and get a milkshake...

On mornings I didn't go to fast food, I'd go get 2 donuts and some chocolate milk...

Lunches I'd typically pack things from home, but with all processed snacks and foods, never any fruits or veggies...More times than not I'd skip the lunch I brought because I wasn't in the mood and would hit up a double cheeseburger, small fry and YEP, you've got it, another extra large Dr. Pepper...Other lunches would include taco bell, pretty much a fast food junkie...

Dinners, let's see, I never meal planned, we'd just buy a conglomerate of food and we would always stair at eachother saying "what's for dinner, or we have nothing to eat!!" Dinner was always something hightly processed like Take N Bake Pizzas, Frozen Pizzas, Mac N Cheese, Hamburger Helper...Never a veggie and never a salad to go along with it, just processed crap upon processed crap, nachos, etc.

Rarely if ever any water, I filled my thirst with Dr. Pepper and Monster/Vodka's...

Crazy to think this was all just 11 months ago and how much everything has changed!!!

Wow you and I are soul sisters!! This was me... .I even worked fast food for 11 years so you can imagine......

Celebrate all the changes that you have made!! We've both come a long way baby!!
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, i'd skip breakfast at home, make sure my daughter ate something nutritious and wholesome, drop her off at Daycare and then head over to either Carl's Jr for a Famous Star (w/o cheese or mayo) ok, sometimes I'd add cheese, but not always and never mayo, blech...Or a Jumbo Jack, no cheese and no mayo (never cheese on a jumbo jack), typically an extra large dr. pepper, some mornings I'd splurge and get a milkshake...

On mornings I didn't go to fast food, I'd go get 2 donuts and some chocolate milk...

Lunches I'd typically pack things from home, but with all processed snacks and foods, never any fruits or veggies...More times than not I'd skip the lunch I brought because I wasn't in the mood and would hit up a double cheeseburger, small fry and YEP, you've got it, another extra large Dr. Pepper...Other lunches would include taco bell, pretty much a fast food junkie...

Dinners, let's see, I never meal planned, we'd just buy a conglomerate of food and we would always stair at eachother saying "what's for dinner, or we have nothing to eat!!" Dinner was always something hightly processed like Take N Bake Pizzas, Frozen Pizzas, Mac N Cheese, Hamburger Helper...Never a veggie and never a salad to go along with it, just processed crap upon processed crap, nachos, etc.

Rarely if ever any water, I filled my thirst with Dr. Pepper and Monster/Vodka's...

Crazy to think this was all just 11 months ago and how much everything has changed!!!

You're describing my life!!! Well, my past life :)
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    All of my meals were large portions and heavy/creamy/cheesy foods. I don't even crave those foods anymore! If given the choice of a creamy pasta or a veggie loaded meal, I'd definitely choose the latter. It's crazy how my tastes have changed over this time but I'm so glad they have! I love my colorful meals now, and I always love trying to figure out how to add more color through produce!
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This topic is making me HUNGRY! Time for some string cheese and a boiled egg.... sigh.... My snack used to be about 10 fig newton fruit thins and two or three fun size snickers.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts for breakfast every day, so an extra large coffee with cream and sugar and a donut. Throughout the morning I snacked on the candy always at work, and probably grabbed a coke from the machine. I never packed a lunch or planned for it, so when I crashed hard at 1 I would either go to McDonalds or go home and eat half a loaf of bread. Either way, I would drink a coke. Of course, I'd be starving by 6, but I didn't plan for dinner so take-out 3 or 4 nights a week. Then at night I would walk to the bodega and get another coke, a pack of mini donuts, and a double chocolate dove ice cream bar.

During all this, the fruits and veggies I dutifully bought at the grocery store every week spoiled. It's amazing how much rotten food I used to throw away!

I constantly rewarded myself with food, and made occasions or outing "special" with food.

It was exhausting.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd skip breakfast. or go get two cherry donuts from our local donut shop....
    Then for lunch i'd make like 3 or 4 cheese quesedillas.
    then maybe have some cereal in there some where
    Pizza rest of the day

I'd go to 7-eleven fill up my double gulp twice.
    It was a concoction of cherry, vanilla, and mt dew.

Other days i'd eat just pizza all flipping day :(

I'm glad i've changed it's embarrassing saying this outloud now.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    junk, junk, taco bell, junk junk, more taco bell....etc etc LMAO
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    eat nothing but fast food during the day at work, close down the bar and clean out the fridge. probably averaging 5500 kcal a day
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    It was really fun, takeaways in the week, lots of sweets/chocolates/cakes/crisps/biscuits....... Take me back hehe:smile:
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh - somehow, sadly, I am currently up to within 10 lbs of my heaviest weight ever :-( But my eating habits now are completely different than they were then.

At my younger heaviest, I was newly married, and my hubs traveled a lot. When he was home, we would go out to Friday's or the nearest sports bar and have drinks, and appetizer, and a full size entree! I also ate out for lunch pretty much every day. No wonder I was huge then!

These days, I eat mostly healthy foods, pack my lunch most days, and I cook from scratch at least 5 nights a week. My pitfalls include lunches out (700 calories worth of sushi anyone?), baked goods (I cannot pass up office donuts, or cake, or brownies...), and fourth-meal. The fourth-meal is a really tough habit to break. I find myself starving at 10:30 at night or so, and a PB&J, or slice of leftover pizza, or a couple of bowls of cereal is hard to resist.
  • baa247
    baa247 Posts: 15
    Options
    eating every 3 hours with the worst kind of food such as double chicken fillet burgers and water was unknown territory for me. breakfast was usually a bottle of coke.. 2 litres that is :\
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fast food, three times a day :/ Or a heavy restaurant meal. Or a frozen pizza. Like a liter of coke a day.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It was fun. Sigh.

Yeah it was. 2 Double Western Cheese burgers, large fries, zucchinis, onion rings and large strawberry shake for lunch. That was about 4,050 calories just for lunch with absolutely no physical exercise. Another was 3 Subway footlongs. I do miss those days and my stomach is growling just thinking about it, but I rather enjoy how I feel and look now rather than gorge myself.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Awesome question OP! I ate a lot like I do now, I was just eating too much. I always have been hungry often so I had the same schedule of eating a mid-morning and afternoon snack. I ate a LOT more cheese, it was my main protein source (vegetarian). I had store brand bagels a few times a week with breakfast (god I miss those) and would get a deli bagel with cream cheese once a week. I only had soda once or twice a week but now I have none. I ate nice meals for dinner but did use more convenience items and probably ate at least a half serving more every night for dinner, maybe two servings.

Oh yeah, my husband loves chips and dip and towards the end I would have them most days. It would be a serving size, but it was almost daily.

And alcohol, lots more alcohol.
  • randijsharp
    Options
    When I do eat breakfast, its coffee and fast food on the way to work. Occasionally I will bring cereal and milk to work with me. I try and snack when I can, small things of popcorn, almonds, crackers. Lunch is my downfall for sure!! I try and make lunches, but then don't want to eat them so I end up going out for fast food instead. Dinner time is always frantic in my house ranging from thrown together meals at the last minute or opting to go out for dinner. Dessert usually follows with icecream or brownies after my daughter is in bed.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I don't think my diet was generally that bad when I was really heavy as I did try to eat a lot of good and varied food. However I did love cakes and fruit pies for pudding everyday and liked to eat a lot of Galaxy chocolate too.

I still eat most of the things I ate before just in moderation and not every single day. I don't believe in banning foods or food groups as I'm trying change my eating habits for life so the changes have to be sustainable.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would eat a lot of food throughout the day, even when I wasn't hungry (and HUGE portions!). I would put a lot of butter on things, sauces, etc and order SO MUCH FOOD when we went out to eat. I feel so much better and healthier now that I've made changes!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It was kind of crazy...I was on medication which I think increased my appetite (SSRIs) for carbs. Actually the other day I saw some sandwiches in Pret that I used to eat for lunch and nearly had a heart attack at the calorie count!

For breakfast I had a large muffin from Starbucks (around 500 cal) and often a caramel coffee (about 300 cal?)

Then biscuits or banana mid morning.

Lunch was 2 large Pret sandwiches. These came to easily over 1000 calories. Then a bag of crisps. Often chocolate too. Maybe an apple as well.

Dinner I had TWO baked potatoes- one with cheese and beans, one with tuna mayo (and heavy on the mayo!) With that I had lots of coleslaw and a salad drenched in dressing. Then I would usually have a couple of glasses of wine a night, and chocolate or dessert.

I shudder to think what my actual calorie count was then. Could have been 3000, 4000 calories easy...Now I eat less than half that!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    THEN:
    a typical breakfast was either 2 biscuits cut in half with at least half a cup of white gravy and 2 pieces of bacon or 2 scrambled eggs with half a cup of cheese melted on it, 2 pieces of toast with butter, and 2 pieces of bacon or 4 pieces of french toast or 4 waffles or 10 pamcakes with butter and too much full sugar syrup OR 2 cups of any kind of cereal from marshmallow mateys to capt crunch to kashi with a cup of 2% milk.
    a typical lunch was a whole totino's pizza or a big ham and cheese sammich with mayo and at least 2 servings of chips/cheetoes or anything from breakfast
    a typical supper was half a large pizza from domino's or 8 oz of chicken, fried, with french fries and green beans or 2 toasted cheese sammiches with tomatoe soup or anything from breakfast
    a typical snack was an entire cake... frosting and all! Yes, in one day I'd eat an entire cake. 4 scoops or more ice cream cones, movie theater butter microwave popcorn, a whole bag of cheetoes, 4 little Debbie snacks... Any or all of these made up both desserts and snacks in my life... I'd have multiples because I couldn't control myself

NOW:
    a typical breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs with 1/4 cup of cheese and salsa of some kind or a cup or less (whatever is a serving) of cereal with at least 1/2 cup of almond or soy milk or 2 french toasts or 1-2 waffles or 4 small pamcakes with spray butter and sugar free syrup
    a typical lunch is a small plate of nachos (about 1.5 oz of corn chips with 1/3 cup cheese) or a quesodilla with 1/3 cup cheese or 1 grilled cheese with tomatoes sliced on it or anything from breakfast
    a typical supper is 4 oz of chicken with mashed taters with no gravy and some veggie, usually green or anything from lunch or breakfast
    a typical snack/dessert is cereal, 2 scoops ice cream, 1 cupcake, hot air popped popcorn with small amount of melted butter or salt, never both or 1 little Debbie or granola bar.

I do have big eating days sometimes where I'll go out to a restaurant and eat like a huge plate of chili rellenos or something, we all do, I'm sure.
    The way I look at it is we should enjoy food, not shun it... We just have to control it, not let it control us.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: pastry or bagel with cream cheese
    Lunch: sandwich or wrap (buffalo chicken and blue cheese or egg salad or tuna salad) with chips
    Snack: sweets (candy bars, starburst, licorice - as much as I could eat in the privacy of my office)
    Dinner: usually a healthy(ish) dinner with the family or fast food/pizza if DH wasn't home
    Dessert: sweets (cookies, cupcakes, ice cream)

And I drank approximately 2 liters of diet coke a day. Every day.