*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May *

Options
Cooriander
Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
2013-White-Banner-FULLGROUP-JAN.PNG

Hi Runners,

~~ It's May, it's May, the lusty month of May! - Want a 50+ 100+ Running Mileage Challenge? ~~

2013-May-Images.PNG

A 50 miles running mileage minimum, but we try to aim higher, 100 miles, or more! :smokin:

*** Checking-in/Joining:
To join, just state your goal mileage, and then check in periodically and let us know what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up (I am a race junky!). But don't forget to always report on your total running mileage so it is easier to keep track of mileage. Keeping the week's mileage is helpful too.

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:
We only count *running* mileage. Some of us count mileage that is equivalent to running such as the mileage on the ARC trainer or the elliptical. Make sure the elliptical mileage is equivalent to your running mileage (you may consider using "time" on the elliptical and use that to convert to mileage).

*** Where to post:
In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. (this thread)
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (please join the group first)

*** When and Frequency:
We will have check-ins once a week on Sundays (see dates on the spreadsheet). It refreshes as the month progresses. Please post updates least once weekly on or before the Sunday check in either the A or B threads or both.

Feel free to update us more ~~ because is fun to see progress and accomplishments - it is inspiring!

*** Hall of Fame :
Here you can find your results from some previous months:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current: May Spreadsheet & Trophy & Legend:
To refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC.
( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
2013-May-Check.PNG
2013-Legend.PNG
2013-05-Trophy-275.PNG

Replies

• rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Cooriander,
    Please put me down for 110 miles this month.
    Thanks so much :flowerforyou:
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would like 50 please
  • DennyHodge
    DennyHodge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm down!! 150 miles!
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    100 for me, please
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    150 miles. Pretty sure I'll hit that but this goal helps with the motivation. Thanks so much for keeping track of this. This is really cool to look at each week.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Awwww... you've already got me on the spreadsheet! :flowerforyou: I've got my first half marathon this Saturday and after I recover I'll start training for my full in October! Here's to May! :drinker:
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 70 again :smile:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    80 please.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I will stick with 125! I'm nursing a pulled calf!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Didn't give you my last week in April, sorry! It was a measly 9 miles, trying to rest the knees. I have been doing some killer 'IronStrength' & 'Never Get Injured' workouts though!

Week 1 - 44
    Week 2 - 23
    Week 3 - 32
    Week 4 - 9
    Week 5 - Nada
    Total for April - 108

I'll try 100 for May. I'm going backwards!! :(
  • beuniqueheather
    Options
    Can I be down for 60 miles in May?
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5/1-3 miles. Happy May everyone! :laugh:

exercise.png
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 90 this month, so please add me in :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    2.25 miles today.

WTD & MTD 2.25
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm back to running outdoors again so I'll happily commit to 150 this month:smile:
    exercise.png
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I apparently have not been giving myself enough of a challenge these past 2 months...so let's go for 150 miles in May!
  • astrotam
    astrotam Posts: 153 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I'm in! Put me down for 50 miles again, please! Maybe I can actually hit it this time!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    cls_333 said:

Didn't give you my last week in April, sorry! It was a measly 9 miles, trying to rest the knees. I have been doing some killer 'IronStrength' & 'Never Get Injured' workouts though!

Week 1 - 44
    Week 2 - 23
    Week 3 - 32
    Week 4 - 9
    Week 5 - Nada
    Total for April - 108

I'll try 100 for May. I'm going backwards!! :(

Sounds good... and I hope the knees will continue to strengthen.
  • Cooriander
    Options

j_courter said:

Awwww... you've already got me on the spreadsheet! :flowerforyou: I've got my first half marathon this Saturday and after I recover I'll start training for my full in October! Here's to May! :drinker:

:laugh:

GL on your half!!! you are so ready! and I am hoping for my first full in the Oct time frame too. :happy: