WOMEN: **Heavy-Lifting Free Weights* - 16 month progress

Options

Replies

• nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Awesome work!!!! What a difference!! Thank you for sharing!
  • dlaroy
    dlaroy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wondered if my thighs would ever go down but now you' be given me renewed hope! You look awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    There is NO doubt that my hips/saddlebags area is MY TROUBLE-SPOT!

I am learning that this is a "journey", not a destination - and I'm okay with that.

When I started, I spoke with a former (female) bodybuilding champion (Canadian!) and she said it took her a FULL 2 YEARS to get into competition form. So, I expected a 24-month journey and I am 16-months into it. While I *hope* that I can get there within the next 8 months, if not, I won't sweat it.

Obviously, I VERY MUCH LIKE how I look now, compared to before. It's all very, VERY good.
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Way to go Beeps! Looking fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you for all of your support....I've never posted on the "success" thread, about myself, before and I'm glad that I did!

My quest continues....I figured it would take me 24 months, so I'm going to keep going, HARD AT IT, for the next 8 months, too.

:)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on your success and hard work. :)
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You have done so awesome!!! You got this!!! You truly look fabulous!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look incredible!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is the order of the last 20 months of my getting OUT of the "cardio-rat-race" and INTO the weight-lifting:

1. Body for Life - used a LOT of machines, but got into the pattern of weight-training 3 x per week. Did this program for 4 months. WOULD NOW RECOMMEND YOU *SKIP* the weight-machines, and, by extension, this program.
    2. NROL4W - brought me to the "NROL4W" group here on mfp and got me started on leaving the machines LONG BEHIND and moving to the free weight section. Did this program for 6 months.
    3. NROL4Abs - LOVED the "abs first" protocol in this book. Did this program for 2 months.
    4. NROL4Life - similar to NROL4Abs. Did this program for 1 month.
    5. Venus Index - am currently doing this program (I'm in Phase 2) and I started this program 7 months ago.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job! I love seeing before and after with weight lifting, it truly shapes our bodies.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is phenomenal. And what really impresses me is you are working so much and still did it! Congratulations. Also shows that lifting heavy weights is good for women, too! :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks! I *did* want to make sure that it was PROMINENT that I was both a wife and a (full-time outside the home) working mother so that people could recognize that, with careful planning, work-outs *CAN* get done!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Beginner lifters should really check out the "New Rules of Lifting" series, by Lou Schuler. Some of the programs I've followed:

1. New Rules of Lifting for Women
    2. New Rules of Lifting for Abs
    3. New Rules of Lifting for Life
    4. New Rules of Lifting - Supercharged

Currently, I am doing the Venus Index program and it has been THE BEST program for really chiseling down the body fat, imho.

Amazing results! Is the Venus Index program generally available at bookstores?
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!! Go girl :drinker: You are rocking it :flowerforyou:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    you just give me hope again! thanks for post!:drinker:
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Beginner lifters should really check out the "New Rules of Lifting" series, by Lou Schuler. Some of the programs I've followed:

1. New Rules of Lifting for Women
    2. New Rules of Lifting for Abs
    3. New Rules of Lifting for Life
    4. New Rules of Lifting - Supercharged

Currently, I am doing the Venus Index program and it has been THE BEST program for really chiseling down the body fat, imho.

Thanks Beeps!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Great job :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    aroundthemulb - "Venus Index" is an online subscription program.

Thanks, all, for viewing my first-and-only report on the "success stories" thread!
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You did an incredible job!!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!