At your heaviest, what was your eating like?

Options

Replies

• Teanbaa
    Teanbaa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was carb loading like crazy!! Bread, pasta, rice and Noodles were a base for every meal!
    Everything was overloaded with creamy sauces and cheese!
    Drank so much Ginger Beer, barely any water.
    Never exercised and i was a manager at McDonalds so there was unlimited amounts of food
    for free! And who doesn't love FREE food?

Now i eat clean, drink nothing but water, green tea and protein shakes.
    Ill have a ginger beer every now and again but i struggle getting through a full 340ml bottle.
    :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Keeping in mind that I've never been clinically overweight, I figure I must have a pretty good metabolism.

I'd skip breakfast, have a Whopper Jr. w/ small fry for lunch and a 400-500 Cal dinner, usually prepackaged. About 1/4c. of ice cream for dessert. Just a couple of bites is all I wanted. Not too bad (calorie-wise), right? Well, that was on most weekdays.

Then there were the weekends where I'd go out for every meal (not my choice) and have things like a buttermilk waffle with blueberries and whipped cream for breakfast, chicken fajitas + 3-4 extra flour tortillas w/ butter ('cause I love 'em) for lunch, and maybe a fried chicken sandwich for dinner, or a quarter of an X-large pizza. Every weekend.

Add on to that the times where suddenly I wanted X. Let's say peanut butter sandwich cookies, and I'd go get a box and finish the whole thing with milk in a couple of days. Or I'd get on a cooking jag and decide to make souffle dessert omelets every night for a week.

Don't think it's any wonder I crept up a couple of pounds in the last year. The wonder is that it wasn't more.
  • EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would skip food for an entire day then go out drinking after work. Get 4/5hrs sleep, eat away the hangover, recommence drinking and repeat. Constantly.
  • McManda89
    McManda89 Posts: 27
    Options
    My eating at my heaviest... Well, I would start the day just 15 minutes before leaving for work so no breakfast, although if we had cookies, brownies, sometimes even cake I'd grab a slice real quick and chow down while getting ready then rush out the door. Then (at my old job) I'd get candy bars, beef jerky, cookies, pies, and LOTS AND LOTS of cappuccino. I worked at a gas station so all of these things were readily available. If I had extra money I'd get the Landshire spicy chicken sandwiches or the Subs with ham and cheese. And that was only on the days I actually ate, usually I didn't eat, though. Then when I got home I'd pig out on whatever I had. Half a box of hamburger helper all to my self, pizza, fast food, ect. nothing healthy. No fruit. No veggies. Just meat and starch usually.

Though my current job is where I was my heaviest (probably because I was walking to and from work at my old job and now I drive everywhere). I would do the same morning ritual; wake up, find sweets, eat sweets, get dressed & leave; and at work we actually prepare meals for people that are based on an 1,800 calorie diet. So I would cook or my coworker would cook and we'd all sit down and have a 500 calorie give or take meal, then I'd come home and pig out on leftovers. What my dad calls a "healthy" meal would consist of shrimp scampi (shrimp in butter), angel hair pasta (pasta in butter), hush puppies (cornmeal and BUTTERmilk), and "steamed" asparagus (in butter).

Obviously the left overs where ever healthy.

Now though it's still hard because my dad still qualifies meals like that "Real healthy!" so when I get home I have to scrounge something out of the fridge, usually I end up eating bad stuff anyway just in SMALL quantities to stay under in my calories.
  • jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @ my heaviest august of last year

large coffee and 2 donuts for breakfast (before my shift started at work)
    10am break 2 soft pretzels and soda or iced coffee
    lunch : fastfood or some other garbage
    large coffee for the drive home
    pizza or take-out chinese for dinner

looking back i wonder what the hell i was thinking... i was kncking down 2000 calories before lunch time
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    oh man it tasted sooooooo good. But at times I got sick. PIZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAA OREEOSSSSSS AND MILKSHAKESSSS all day erryday. Well not just those, those three were my favorites though.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm not at my heaviest but even now when trying to lose weight I've eaten one of those Little Ceasers Pizza's and told myself I was doing ok... yea ..I lied to myself a lot. After writing down all my food and seeing how much damage I was doing to my body something just clicked in my head. It took a month of lying myself and posting some food that I wish I could of just hid and been like "that never happened" then hit myself with the little Men In Black thingy...

But yea, its hard to lie to yourself when you see the #'s.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I ate like a fiend. I still eat what I like, but before my portions were HUGE! I didn't stop when I was full and I could easily do 1300 calories in a meal. I ate WAAAAYYYY too much food. And I could kill some french fries, potatoes, ice cream, cheeseburgers.... not even care.

I still eat what I want, so if I have it (or I've earned it) I eat what I like, just way less than what I used to.

There is a fat person who lives inside me and it is VERY hard to shut her up. I wish she would go away.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We ate out a lot. I never paid attention to what I ate, just ate what I wanted, when I wanted. Lots of:

- pizza
    - ice cream
    - cheese
    - chocolate chip muffins from Tim Hortons
    - iced cappuccinos also from ^^^
    - cookies
    - chocolate
    - more pizza
    - crap, crap, crap.
  • niviria
    niviria Posts: 2
    Options
    I was eating a lot of sugar.. I could drink about a 6 pack of Cola a day. As well as taking in too many calories (eating an entire Pizza by myself). I am only 5' tall so I can't eat like that for my height. I would find myself eating a Big Mac meal from McDonalds and still being hungry afterwords. So Terrible. I can't believe I ate like that.

Now I can't finish an entire McDonald's meal, Can have a max of 4 pieces of pizza and 1 soda a day if I even want it/need it (I don't drink energy drinks or coffee so that's where my caffeine comes from)

Alas, now I am not even 30 and I have high cholesterol.. So I am now on a diet of low/no meat. I'm gonna miss all those burgers. But I will be healthier in the long run. Luckily I like veggie burgers!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I was working night and what's open late at night when my shift started at midnight? Jack in the Box or McDonalds! Other favorites were:

Pizza
    Ice Cream
    Taco Bell

I would drink a little coffee with my creamer (yes, more cream than coffee, and I'm talking the good stuff!), carb loading so much I would go into a food coma.

I have a weakness for Starbs and any pastries (being a baker, I LOVED PASTRIES).

Last time I had a cupcake? Oh, like 2 months ago. Now I save it for as a treat, instead of EVERY DAY.

My normal eating when I was at my heaviest:

Breakfast: 2 egg, bacon,cheese biscuits from McDonalds, with a large vanilla iced coffee.
    Lunch: 2 normal sanwhiches, or a whole footlong at subway, or 4 slices of pizza.
    Dinner: Anything fast and quick and greasy and simple, since I was in college and on the go!

This didn't include all my snacks, since I worked night and ate chips, cookies, muffins, ANYTHING.
  • cpingriff
    cpingriff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 315lbs at the start of this year Im currently 294lbs. My eating habits were shocking baring in mind I am only 19 - 20 in July I would eat crisps or chocolate in the morning at work and take loads of sweets to work with me - I work in a call centre so I would boredom eat so much - we also have a little shop in my office called a tuck shop were they sell sweets, chocolate, crisps, fizzy pop and I would get 2 packets of crisps, 2 chocolate bars and eat all of it straight away.

I would then come home and snack on fatty food - sweets or chocolate or carbs - cakes and bread etc.

I'm really ashamed when I was really low I would go to the shop down the road from me and buy lots of sweets, cakes biscuits, crisps go up to my room and eat most of it if not all of it in one go. I had 6 cakes in one go followed by sweets, chocolate, several packets of crisps and then felt terrible.

Its only until recently that I have really got my head around what I should be eating and my portion sizes etc controlling my hunger pangs.

Would be really nice to make some friends on her for encouragement I NEVER want to get that low and down that I turn to food again because its got me to this weight and realistically I think I'm lucky to be alive.

But on a positive note I'm doing something about it and losing weight for me and my health I won't ever turn back!!!!

Xx
  • ozonenrhia1
    ozonenrhia1 Posts: 34
    Options
    My problems never really been what I ate more of just not being active:-(
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It was fun. Sigh.

LOL amen
  • avondaleklr
    avondaleklr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It was fun eating all that junk, until it finally hit me just how bad it was and how much I'd let myself go.

Let's see... I pretty much ate anything and everything.

Breakfast was usually the healthiest of all my meals, with yogurt, juice, some fruit and some protein. Though I never ate enough to be satiated until lunch.
    I took lunchables to school a couple times a week, and other times I'd bring microwavable meals or just fill my lunch bag with a ton of snacks, from chips to cookies, candy and chocolate, etc.
    The biggest meal I ate was dinner, and, well, whatever snack I had after school. I often ate nutella sandwiches and a bowl of chips. There weren't any vegetables in my diet except for the occasional mashed potatoes and carrots. Pizza happened once a week, minimum. Had fast food every Friday, and sometimes on weekends.

Now, I have limited myself to better choices. No more random snacking. I have more structure and put more planning into my meals. I make better choices. I ensure I am eating enough and getting the right nutrients from the beginning of the day to the end of the day.
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In school when I was living on my own for the first time, I had lots of subway, poutine, pizza, chips, candy, dinner with friends, and lots of much needed caffeine (think starbucks, soda, and lots of redbull.)
  • hungrypotato
    Options
    Oh man I have to post again. just wanted to tell you how I ate before.

Wake up in the morning. Grab my cinnamon Roll or 2 or 3 or whatever crap I have in the house at the time, Eat all that, lets say its about 1500 calories for what i just ate in that 15 minutes. o man still hungry, I'll just stop at mcdonalds and get there big burger and large fries with large milkshake and a SIDE of 20 mcnuggets(lol). I non stop ate. idk why but it was constant. Probably about 4- 5k before noon! then later in the day probably not even 3 hours. Probably still full from what I JUST ate. Oh lets order a large Pizza because that makes sense since I just ate all that oh and on the way home I'll grab some chips and the big pack of oreos to go with the LARGE pizza.
    Pretty much same idea for dinner. idk if you can even call these meals, but this was normal everyday for me, and working in a breakfast room didn't help since it was free food.

lol just typing this makes me wonder how I even did this.
  • hgrizzle
    hgrizzle Posts: 11
    Options
    I was 6'-1", 338 lbs. Probably ate 4000 - 6000 cal/day or likely more. Ate out every meal 4-5 times/ day. Breakfast burrito every morning. Plus frequent visits to a random Taco _____ fast food joint, Whataburger, or other fast food burger. Always double meat/ cheese and the largest size combo. 6-12 sodas a day and very little water. Greens? Hell no, not even on my burgers! Cheese on everything!

It was a pretty bad addiction. Eating did make me happy, but only for a little while. Didn't seem to matter how much I ate, I would start to crave more shortly after finishing a meal.

It surprises me how radically different I eat now. And how I don't miss the old eating habits. Plus I'm spending so much less money a month.
  • hungrypotato
    Options
    I was 6'-1", 338 lbs. Probably ate 4000 - 6000 cal/day or more. Ate out every meal 4 times/ day. Breakfast burrito every morning. Plus frequent visits to at a random Taco _____ fast food joint, Whataburger, or other fast food burger. Always double meat/ cheese and the largest size combo. 6-12 sodas a day and very little water. Greens? Hell no, not even on my burgers! Cheese on everything!

It was a pretty bad addiction. Eating did make me happy, but only for a little while. Didn't seem to matter how much I ate, I would start to crave more shortly after finishing a meal.

It surprises me how radically different I eat now. And how I don't miss the old eating habits. Plus I'm spending so much less money a month.

Yes same thing for me, I just finish food and I would crave something right after finishing my large as$ meals
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Fun, yes... I ate a lot though, like jars of cake icing, and stuff like that