200 pounds lost

Options
Bama56
Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
i have dropped a little over 200 pounds in the last 3 years with the help of myfitnesspal. my lifestyle has completely turned around, and i am feeling better than i ever have before.

Before & After

8700791492_beb6d0da73.jpg
307486_2005044278373_1594957746_n by RAJohnsoniii, on Flickr

In response to a comment for a little more detail.

the way I got started was looking at a picture that was taken of me (which is the before picture here). I was a very athletic person growing up, which seems weird to say since I'm only 21. My junior year of high school I ended up getting injured in football which I did not recover from until after my senior year (fractured L4-L5 vertebrae). Sports were such a huge part of my life at that point that once I got hurt I became seditary and gained over 100 lbs in a year. After I saw that picture of myself I realized i was going down a bad road and needed to change the things I was doing. It seems that I almost completely changed my lifestyle overnight, cut all processed and refined food out of my diet and eliminated anything with sugar in it. I was in the gym every day doing intense workouts like I would do in football. I ended up losing the taste for pretty much all unhealthy foods, and started cooking every meal myself. That being said, I do believe that one of the main things that needs to be watched in the diet is sodium, it is snuck into foods as much as it can be. It took me 2 years total to loose the weight, and I have been maintaining it for the last 2. I am very OCD about the things that are going into my body and have a consistent exercise routine. I firmly believe that weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise.

Replies

• rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look awesome!
  • doreenOrtiz
    doreenOrtiz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you look great.....
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's awesome. You look great.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment! Congrats!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Good job!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    you totally rock!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing job and you look like a totally different person! Way to go!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ok I am old but......Whooo hooo! YOU should be very proud of your self :) Now if you were 20 yrs older ;p JK
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    totally different person! Great work!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    UnF@ckingbelievable. AWESOME.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same person. Congrats! :noway:
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow what an AMAZING job! how inspiring.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome ! Beyond words !!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My goodness. Such a cutie! You look so young! (the age of my son who is in high school)
  • Deb62_rocks
    Deb62_rocks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You rock!! What a wonderful transformation. You look fantastic! Congratulations!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    i have dropped a little over 200 pounds in the last 3 years with the help of myfitnesspal. my lifestyle has completely turned around, and i am feeling better than i ever have before.

Before & After

8700791492_beb6d0da73.jpg
    307486_2005044278373_1594957746_n by RAJohnsoniii, on Flickr

What a young Stud!
    Lots of hard work and dedication!
    I cant imagine all that you have been through..but I see where your going..You are a stunner.
    :smokin:
  • tameroo2
    tameroo2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Way to go!!!! What an inspirtion!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!