6 Things that Will STOP weight loss in its tracks!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Birth Control Pills don't make you gain weight, giving in to the hormonal cravings does!!!

Wow I hope people don't follow this, like previously stated gluten is only bad if you're intolerant to it.

Just too many holes & no proof to back any of it up!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    About the birth control thing: it's the depo provera shot that causes weight gain. Don't know why, but most women who get the shot experience weight gain that they cannot prevent as long as their receiving the shot. Some other birth controls can contribute to weight gain, but not with the consistency of depo. Hormonal changes can drastically affect how and where women gain weight.

I gained weight on depo, but I didn't try not to either, so I guess it's kinda null in my case.

I was on depo twice once for 3 years and again for 6yrs ,3 yrs i put 28lbs on and 6 yrs i put on 49lbs .
    i found it made me really hungry and reaslised for the hormones was telling my body i was pregnant to stop becoming pregnant there for the reason periods stop and the eating like i did.
    6 yrs of a fake pregnancy,no wonder i gained 49lbs.
    never going on it again!!!!
    and the second time on it i tried to control my weight but found it impossible no matter what the nurses said. you can not control depo weight gain unless you never eat and never stop running about all day.

maybe i'm special but i've been on depo since i was 18. i am now 37. i stopped taking depo when i was 32 to get pregnant then went right back on it after i gave birth. i did NOT gain weight on depo. not significant amounts like some women have posted about. i've fluctuated 5-10lbs which i believe is normal for most women in that time that i've been on depo. my gynecologist also says that pro-longed use of depo such as in my case is perfectly fine. but i live in switzerland so maybe swiss depo is different from other forms of it. i don't know if that's necessarily true (sounds a bit ridiculous to say "swiss depo") but both my gyno and my general practitioner both say it's ok.

also about the salt thing. i am a salt fiend. i eat with a fork in one hand and a salt shaker in the other. no joke. i've never thought that salt stopped or hindered my weight loss but then again, i'm also only battling the last 5 vanity pounds. i'm not on MFP to *lose* significant amounts of weight...just on here to keep a closer eye on my eating habits. i also drink 2-3 liters of water a day so maybe all that water balances out the salt???

and the rest of the original post is malarkey. calories in < calories out. simple.