Vaginal weights, if needed, I will remove this post

Replies

• Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Keep going with the Kegels. It can take up to 6 weeks to notice a positive change in the frequency of stress incontinence. Continue the exercises to maintain the improvement.

"Vaginal cone therapy involves using a set of five small, cone-shaped weights. They are of equal size but of varying weights and are used together with Kegels. The woman inserts the lightest cone, labeled 1, into her vagina, with the string to the outside, for a 1-minute test period. If she can hold the first cone in place without its slipping out while she walks around, she proceeds to the second cone, labeled 2, and repeats the procedure. The patient begins her treatment with the heaviest cone she can comfortable hold in her vagina for the 1-minute test period. Treatment periods are 15 minutes twice a day. When the patient can comfortable hold the cone in her vagina for the 15-minute period, she progresses to the next heaviest weight. Treatment is completed with the cone labeled 5.
    Weighted vaginal cones can help strengthen the pelvic muscles and decrease stress incontinence but may not help pelvic prolapse. Vaginal cones do not require a prescription."
    ((This was taken straight from my textbook in the chapter "Care of patients with urinary problems".))
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Hey, if anybody feels uncomfortable about this post, I will remove it...for some reason, I feel comfortable asking this here....

I am the mother of three (youngest is 22) and have been doing kegels since like forever, but still have leakage when I cough, sneeze, laugh, just about anything...

I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who had ever used vaginal weights. I am considering using them, but would like some feedback before I put out the dough!!

Thanks in advance!!

Julie
    goatstare.gif

Suppressed laughter is the WORST! I'm crying and peeing my pants at the same time.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Keep going with the Kegels. It can take up to 6 weeks to notice a positive change in the frequency of stress incontinence. Continue the exercises to maintain the improvement.

"Vaginal cone therapy involves using a set of five small, cone-shaped weights. They are of equal size but of varying weights and are used together with Kegels. The woman inserts the lightest cone, labeled 1, into her vagina, with the string to the outside, for a 1-minute test period. If she can hold the first cone in place without its slipping out while she walks around, she proceeds to the second cone, labeled 2, and repeats the procedure. The patient begins her treatment with the heaviest cone she can comfortable hold in her vagina for the 1-minute test period. Treatment periods are 15 minutes twice a day. When the patient can comfortable hold the cone in her vagina for the 15-minute period, she progresses to the next heaviest weight. Treatment is completed with the cone labeled 5.
    Weighted vaginal cones can help strengthen the pelvic muscles and decrease stress incontinence but may not help pelvic prolapse. Vaginal cones do not require a prescription."
    ((This was taken straight from my textbook in the chapter "Care of patients with urinary problems".))

I had no idea. I learn something new on MFP every day!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Hey, if anybody feels uncomfortable about this post, I will remove it...for some reason, I feel comfortable asking this here....

I am the mother of three (youngest is 22) and have been doing kegels since like forever, but still have leakage when I cough, sneeze, laugh, just about anything...

I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who had ever used vaginal weights. I am considering using them, but would like some feedback before I put out the dough!!

Thanks in advance!!

Julie
    goatstare.gif

Suppressed laughter is the WORST! I'm crying and peeing my pants at the same time.

Some vaginal weights will help with that.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    5c3b88bb-c79a-45aa-9dff-6e9bab194b39.jpg
  • Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Sorry for the spelling errors. I usually skim my stuff before posting. LOL
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Here you go, but I still don't see how you're going to lift them...

tumblr_lvegiti6lr1r717bbo1_250.png
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    how the hell do you 'grip them' lol

Duh, there's muscles in there.

You must be new here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    I wonder if they make little thighmaster type of devices you could use while doing your kegels

*runs off to patent office*

ok thanks for that...i just had a mental image of my ex boss (who loved doing her thighmaster at work while sitting at her desk) and Suzanne Somers, both trying to stuff a thighmaster in their ......

well....you get the picture...

:huh:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    weights are a good idea, but I say just give the Vajyjay more cardio... all vajayjays need more cardio...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    leakage...hmmm....

I think you still need to see a doc to get a shot of Penicillin

But then again, Plan B is about to hit the shelves, so I could be wrong.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 476 Member

Thanks in advance!!

Julie
    goatstare.gif

LOL
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    try jesus. jesus might be able to save. *shaking my head*

Is Jesus some mexican surgeon who can correct her problem?
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have never heard of vaginal weights. until now...the visual is just awful.
  • Some people are SO touchy! Try them out, if they don't work - go to your doctor. Simples *squeek*
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Don't remove it just because some people on here are stuck up and think everything is too personal and out of context. If posts had to be removed for offending people then this forum would not exist.

I fully support making vaginas awesome again ;)
  • Falyesai
    Falyesai Posts: 41
    They talked about kegels yesterday with a video, you may want to review

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/976646-kegels-aren-t-enough-anymore?hl=kegels

That's just UNREAL!! Not trying to do all that, just wanting to stop the leakage!!

What exactly are you leaking?, you sure its not your bladder muscles and urine

That is something I wonder too, since having three kids my bladder muscles don't hold up anymore. Doctor recommended a mesh insert, and I politely declined. (Heard so many bad things about them) It makes a difference knowing if she is talking about bladder or vaginal discharge.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220

Thanks in advance!!

Julie

You can try the Ben-wa (sp?) balls, they are generally small steel ones. Or they have more beginner versions that are usually silicone-coated and connected together. Just go to your local adult toy shop and they're sure to have a variety of them - you can get a decent set for about $30-$40.
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    That's gonna be one strong kitty.

Good morning MFP wow!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    how the hell do you 'grip them' lol

oh if you've never had a girl that can, u are missing out