30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    L2D6 done yesterday…it was my worst ever, just was feeling a bit tired, not much energy (11 hr work day), but I really want to finish in 30 days straight, so I did it anyways…the one surprising element of the whole thing – I attempted plank-jacks and did 12, then 14! YAY! I’ve pretty much been following Anita on almost everything in L2 so far, so it felt good to do the “real” plank-jacks. Maybe tonight I’ll try a “real” squat thrust! I did about, hmmm, 1 or 2 on L2D1 and thought “no way” and modified, maybe I’m ready to try again! :) Wish me luck and...great job to everyone!!!

PS – is there a difference if I push the “reply” button within someone’s post than if I hit “reply” at the bottom of the page? Thanks!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    travlin - I hit the reply from your post so we'll see. :) **ETA: looks like no difference. :wink:

L2D3 done. :bigsmile:

Actually, I want to say 13 days done!!! Yesssssss. Sounds like I've accomplished so much more.

I was cursing Level 2 tonight too. I hate it. Loathe it. Can't wait to move on to Level 3 lol. (Ask me again when I start Level 3 though!) :laugh:

My right hip pops on the squat thrusts. I hate it - it's so uncomfortable. It's not painful, just uncomfortable. I have no clue why it does it either.

Planks are killing me, and yeah I've been following Anita on almost everything (except the skiiers...I like those!).
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    L2D1 down.

O.

M.

G.

I didn't make it all the way through - I tried my best, but barely got through the plank ab crossover things. On a positive note, I was able to make it through the jump ropes and not cheat. I started off hating jumping jacks, switched that to hating jump ropes, and now these oblique twist jump and die things? No joke...I was about to hurl on my yoga mat when it came time for the plank crossovers.

19 days left!!!!

Hahaha...that O.M.G. is exactly how I felt on the 1st day of Level 2. And the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. On the 1st day I had to stop for a while because like you, I was also nauseated. But you will love seeing yourself get stronger with each day so hang in there.

Me too!! I did L2D6 today! Circuit 3 is awful with all the plank stuff and the V raises! And just when you think you think you've done it, those bloomin ab plank crossover things! It's great though isn't it how much better you feel about things you were previously hating. I too hated the jumping jacks but now I'm glad of them compared to those oblique things!!

I also didn't make it through the last abs set so don't worry. On day 2 I did, day 3 didn't. Today I almost made it all the way through so I'm hoping I will be able to by day 10!

I upped my weights in level 1 to 3kg. I've started off with lighter weights for L2 but did switch to the 3kg for the static lunge with shoulder things.. Also I did 3kg for the bit where you extend your leg and arm. But then thought I would die for the V raises so switched back to the lighter ones for the rest of it!

With all that said, today was the first day I managed to do Natalie's version of the squat thrusts :)
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    L2 D3 done!! I had to put the weights down to finish the v raise things!!

Melissa and Aliann...Congrats on keeping up with Natalie on ANYTHING!! I'm still following Anita on everything, except I was able to do some "half" pushups in the first circuit, couldn't get any further down than halfway, but hey, I couldn't even do that the day before yesterday!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L2D6 done yesterday…it was my worst ever, just was feeling a bit tired, not much energy (11 hr work day), but I really want to finish in 30 days straight, so I did it anyways…the one surprising element of the whole thing – I attempted plank-jacks and did 12, then 14! YAY! I’ve pretty much been following Anita on almost everything in L2 so far, so it felt good to do the “real” plank-jacks. Maybe tonight I’ll try a “real” squat thrust! I did about, hmmm, 1 or 2 on L2D1 and thought “no way” and modified, maybe I’m ready to try again! :) Wish me luck and...great job to everyone!!!

PS – is there a difference if I push the “reply” button within someone’s post than if I hit “reply” at the bottom of the page? Thanks!

Good Luck!! Way to push through a rough day!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L2D3 done this morning.. I second the O M G... I'm trying to keep the Negative thoughts I have about this Level away but dang I got done today cursing this Level.. My Husband has been doing it with me and his knee (which he tore his ACL, MCL, and another ligament) has been killing him. He is post surgery a few years and really hasn't had much problems with his knee until we started this Level. Could it be the jumping? And if so how could he modify it. I told him maybe he should use his brace so we shall see how that helps him. If it doesn't I might suggest the Yoga to him.

Let's keep on Shreddin' even if we feel like we are going to DIE!!

I hope his knee doesn't get injured!! Maybe he could do some punches (not working same muscles, but still moving)...

Also, I'm really glad when I see posts of others "feeling the pain", it helps to keep me motivated!!
  • travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo...squat thrusts accomplished!! Ok, yeah, I did have to take a small break (and could REALLY feel it in my legs!), but I'm glad I did those!! But then, we got to plank-jacks and I must have used my energy on squat thrusts cuz I couldn't do quite as many as last night! :)

Lee - I hate those push-up things in circuit 1 so I actually just modified back to the push ups we did in L1 - up to 15 girly's in a row (but still can only do about 3/4 of a "real" push up! lol

alliann - It's strange, as of last night, I hated L2 - after today, I'm feeling better about it lol And...once we're in L3 (because we WILL make it!), I'll ask you how it's going! :)

melissa - good job, girl! :)

And, I can't decide if I did so much better tonight because I wasn't so tired from a long day or if because yesterday I kinda gave "half" effort (which sort of gave my body a "small" break), maybe I should take a break day every 5 days? Hmmm...I'm not sure yet because my original goal was to do it 30 days in a row...any thoughts/experiences?

Great job everyone...keep it up!!!!
  • chipmunk_87
    chipmunk_87 Posts: 42
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done. You are all making me nervous about Level 2!!
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options

And I will not help by telling you that I was so glad to see the back of Level 2, lol. But it will make you stronger and it's possible that you won't find Level 2 as torturous as some of us did based on your fitness level and the kinds of movements you're comfortable with. I definitely prefer Level 3 though and I can do most movements with Natalie now, which is so exciting! Aside from the ab moves, I didn't even try keeping up with her in Level 1.
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L2 D4 done, almost halfway there!! I did 15 squat thrusts today, up from 4 yesterday!! Still can't do a plank jack!!

I had to lower the weights for some reason today....my arms and shoulders just wouldn't do much!!

Travlin...I can only speak for myself, but if I didn't take weekends for rest, I really don't think I could do this thing!! Of course, this is the only exercise I've done in over 5 years, I don't know where your fitness level is. I really think a day of rest would do you good, help those muscles heal a little. I've heard that muscles don't grow during work, they grow during rest. Since I'm new to this whole exercise thing, 'I've heard" is all I can base that on, don't have a lot of personal experience to go on!!
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Moving to Level 2 today... I previewed the video and I am so scared! Be nice Jillian!

On a brighter note, I did manage to lose 2.4 lbs and 1 total inch in just 10 days (the inches are actually more impressive than that, but I gained in my thigh, hopefully that means there's muscle building under all this fat!).
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Moving to Level 2 today... I previewed the video and I am so scared! Be nice Jillian!

On a brighter note, I did manage to lose 2.4 lbs and 1 total inch in just 10 days (the inches are actually more impressive than that, but I gained in my thigh, hopefully that means there's muscle building under all this fat!).

I previewed beforehand and it scared the bewillies out of me too!! You'll be fine!!

Congrats on the loss!!
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

And I will not help by telling you that I was so glad to see the back of Level 2, lol. But it will make you stronger and it's possible that you won't find Level 2 as torturous as some of us did based on your fitness level and the kinds of movements you're comfortable with. I definitely prefer Level 3 though and I can do most movements with Natalie now, which is so exciting! Aside from the ab moves, I didn't even try keeping up with her in Level 1.

Yay, glad to hear that you prefer level 3, I'm hoping I'm the same as I'm hating level 2! Though saying that, I do feel I am getting stronger. I managed to do most of Level 2 plank stuff following Natalie today, I felt like I was going to pass out afterwards, but I did it :D Although I didn't get all the way down on those push ups!

Amy I think it will be the muscle in your thighs :) I heard that if you gain muscle you may be bigger but look more lean and toned? Which is great!

lee wtg for increasing the squat thrusts! My shoulders were sore today too!

Mel I think a rest day may do you good :) I'm planning a rest day on Monday inbetween Level 2 and 3, purely because it's my last day off work and I want a rest haha, but I think it will help my muscles prepare for Level 3!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done on level 1, I cant believe how much my legs hurt! I quite like the alternating cardio/strength/abs, but seeing people say 'planks' on level 2..... Not looking forward to that. I HATE them!

Keep pushing people! ;D
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done, and let me tell you, I was glistening like a Cullen in the daylight! I don't know that I've ever sweat as hard as I did tonight! I don't know why - maybe because I am able to do more? I also took a pretty intense 40 min hike before so I don't know, maybe a combination?

And I agree, I have been taking rests on the weekends and I NEED it!!! I read the same thing, that your muscles only grow stronger during the rest periods where they are given a chance to repair, so I would definitely take that rest.

You know, I am still not a fan of Level 3, but I feel so strong when I finish it! The sense of accomplishment is enough for me. I can't wait to see what my body can do in 16 more days of this!!!
  • blondley
    blondley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread... I am on level 3, day 2!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 1 done! Holy cow!!! I guess I did ok, but had to pause for a few seconds a few times...I better be smokin' hot when I finish this!! LOL!!!
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for over 60 days. Tried level 2 twice. Broke down in tears the 2nd day. went on vacation for 3 weeks and am starting up level one again. Did 2 days and was so surprised by the pain in my legs!! Need a hoist to get off a chair! Skipped yesterday to let my muscles recover but will be back at it today. I also get on my bike for 30 mins. Hope I have the courage to try level 2 again.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, I didn't mean to hog this thread...it's just that I work in an office by myself all day, hubby's out of town working and this is where I'm doing my "socializing"!!

If I'm getting on you all's nerves, just let me know and I'll slow down on the comments a bit!!

I'm just so glad I found MFP and some new friends!!

Julie Lee
    Roxboro, NC

HEY!!! Small world! I live in Roxboro too!!! I just started level 2 today and thought I was going to DIE!!!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done this morning. I can still say I don't like this Level very much!! I can see my endurance getting better but I can't seem to go through the whole DVD without taking a few 5 second breathers.. I'm sore on my legs and hopefully that will pass.. Just 6 more days of this dreaded Level