30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is on the horizon --- feeling so much better!!
    Today is a busy day but want to try to get it done and out of the way for the day :)

Good luck all and can I just say how much I love the support and motivation in this post!!
  • keets502
    keets502 Posts: 34
    Options
    L1D2 in the books this morning! Definitely feeling it in my arms and inner thighs - the stairs in the parking garage were fun this AM!!

Keep with it everyone! Great job so far - everyone is rocking it!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    L1 D4 down and I FINALLY did all of the jumping jacks, still cheated a little on the jump rope (alternated legs), but can tell I'm getting stronger and my endurance is getting better!! Still can't do all the push ups (on my knees) and my arms are still really weak (I'm only using 2 lb weights, and can't do all of the raises with the side lunges)!!

Going to visit the hubby who's working out of town this weekend and "living' in the camper so I'll have to take Saturday off at least....hope to get home in time Sunday to fit it in!!

Thanks, OP for posting this!! It has really helped to keep me going!!

OH, and PS....you all may already know this, but I wasn't feeling anything in my butt, so I did some research and this morning, I focused on putting my weight on the heels during the squats and lunges and BINGO, I found those butt muscles!! (this is the first time I've ever done any "formal" exercises, so I'm still working on my form)!!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D4.

Lee, I still have to cheat on the jump rope too every once in awhile (alternating legs too). I don't have any weights (just moved out of the country) so I'm using cans of pinto beans for now lol.

And thanks for the tip on sitting back on my heels more. I barely felt it in my butt the second day but not enough to really tell a difference.

26 days left!!! :drinker:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done -- Getting a bit better that is for sure -- HATE push ups and rump rope gets old but not feeling as sore, sick or angry at her ;)
  • skcarrion
    Options
    Lived through day 3. Whoot whoot! I still hate the jump roping portions though.
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting once it arrives from Amazon :P can't argue with the results from picture threads on these forums but I'm terrified!
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Glad for the tip on the squats & lunges- I'm not really feeling it in my butt, either, and I need to- it needs a lot of work! I always worry about my form and since I've never had a trainer to correct me, I just do the best I can.

We had a bad storm last night/early this morning and it woke me up at 4 am. Then my son got up at 5, so I figured I may as well get up and get shredding. So I had day 5 done before 6 am! Of course I just ate a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds and blew all those burned calories. I had a really rough day at work and decided it was worth it. Was it really? Probably not, but it was deeeelicious. May have to get in an extra work out tonight.
  • tatey2009
    tatey2009 Posts: 47
    Options
    well day 4 didn't go well for me, worked late and it is now 10.24pm and I haven't done day 4 :(

so, I am taking this as a rest day and have arranged to leave work at 2pm tomorrow so I can get day 4 done

sounds strange but have kinda missed Jillian today!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Aliann, your pinto beans probably weigh more than these weights I'm using!!

Julia, I just got home from my birthday supper and ate way too much of the wrong things!! I don't think we need to beat ourselves up about it...I'm just planning to do a little better tomorrow!!
  • puuka
    puuka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done!
    I started with 4.4lb weight but that was too heavy for me, now I am using 1kg (2.2lb) weights and for some exercises it feels a bit too light and I am thinking may be I can mix them.

I found it better to do in the morning when I wake up. I can't find time in the evening. I feel energy all day long and sore legs :)))
  • springbokkii
    springbokkii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    well day 4 didn't go well for me, worked late and it is now 10.24pm and I haven't done day 4 :(

so, I am taking this as a rest day and have arranged to leave work at 2pm tomorrow so I can get day 4 done

Same here couldn't fit day 4 in yesterday and not sure I'll be able to today and while I don't miss jillian I missed the feeling of success and being proud of myself that I did it. Didn't expect it too affect my cheerfulness that much.
  • leeroxboro
    Options

Same here couldn't fit day 4 in yesterday and not sure I'll be able to today and while I don't miss jillian I missed the feeling of success and being proud of myself that I did it. Didn't expect it too affect my cheerfulness that much.

I didn't expect it to make me feel so much better emotionally and mentally either. I'm not sure whether it's those chemicals sent to the brain from exercising, or whether it's because I feel myself getting stronger and think, "I DID THAT"!!

Sorry day 4 didn't go well for you guys, busy schedules often get in the way, please don't let it get you down to the point that you don't go through with this if it's something you really want to do!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L1 D5 down, still can't do all the push ups and still cheating on the jump ropes....

Is there anybody else who's considering putting in a few extra days on level 1?? I really feel that if I can't get my form right on level 1, I surely won't be able to get it right on level 2...I think I would get more out of level 2 if I do level 1 until I can AT LEAST finish level 1 with no cheating....

any thoughts??
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    L1 D5 down, still can't do all the push ups and still cheating on the jump ropes....

Is there anybody else who's considering putting in a few extra days on level 1?? I really feel that if I can't get my form right on level 1, I surely won't be able to get it right on level 2...I think I would get more out of level 2 if I do level 1 until I can AT LEAST finish level 1 with no cheating....

any thoughts??

This is something I've been thinking about. I've considered doing level 1 for 15 days, then level 2 for 15 days, take a few days off, then start again and do 10 days each. But... I took pictures and a full set of measurements before I started and want to be able to compare with having done everything per the program instructions. I'm going to wait and see how I do on day 10, and then decide.

I did day 6 today, and my left quad is hurting- thinking I may have strained it just a bit. Going to break out the heating pad and hope that helps, plus did some extra stretches after. But a break through- I felt good this morning when I woke up, not sore at all! And I did ELEVEN push ups today! (8 the first set, then 3 the second).

I also hit the 20 lb lost mark today! Woohoo!
  • leeroxboro
    Options

This is something I've been thinking about. I've considered doing level 1 for 15 days, then level 2 for 15 days, take a few days off, then start again and do 10 days each. But... I took pictures and a full set of measurements before I started and want to be able to compare with having done everything per the program instructions. I'm going to wait and see how I do on day 10, and then decide.

I did day 6 today, and my left quad is hurting- thinking I may have strained it just a bit. Going to break out the heating pad and hope that helps, plus did some extra stretches after. But a break through- I felt good this morning when I woke up, not sore at all! And I did ELEVEN push ups today! (8 the first set, then 3 the second).

I also hit the 20 lb lost mark today! Woohoo!

Congrats on the 20 lb mark!!

Sounds like you and I are at about the same on the push ups...

I was surprised at how good I felt this morning too, maybe 5 more days will get me ready for level 2?? (but I doubt it!!)

Gotta take tomorrow off, going to visit the hubby who's working out of town, staying in the camper, no room for exercises...The campground has a lot of hills though, so at least I can get some good walking in!!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Finished L1 D5 today. I SERIOUSLY want to meet these 400 lb people who are doing jumping jacks. At 280 they kill me.

I've actually read that for some people Level 2 is easier than Level 1. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it because after 5 more days I'm really going to need to change it up. If I feel it's too difficult for me to move on to Level 2, I think I'll go back to Level 1. We'll see though.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have the video but i never used it- thank you for this thread because i am starting to see what it is all about. I need to get a little more fit before I commit to the shred. I just started here on mfp yesterday, so once i complete a month of dedication here I think this looks like a good idea.
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Finished L1 D5 today. I SERIOUSLY want to meet these 400 lb people who are doing jumping jacks. At 280 they kill me.

I've actually read that for some people Level 2 is easier than Level 1. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it because after 5 more days I'm really going to need to change it up. If I feel it's too difficult for me to move on to Level 2, I think I'll go back to Level 1. We'll see though.

I'd like to meet those people too!!

"If I feel it's too difficult for me to move on to Level 2, I think I'll go back to Level 1. " makes total sense, maybe I'll do the same!!
  • ng4321
    ng4321 Posts: 1
    Options
    First Level 1 video today, feeling good. Gotta keep this up! :)