30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• MRL1107
    MRL1107 Posts: 74
    Options
    When you guys log the 30DS on your excercise log what do you put it under?

I think most people log it as circuit training, however if you have a HRM they add it using that.

Yesterday was day 2, man it was hard to push through cause I was so sore from day 1, but Today is Day 3 , and my daughter has softball practice today at a park where I can walk, but still keep an eye on her so I will add that cardio today as well.

Thanks!! PS What's HRM?

HRM = Heart Rate Monitor

WOW! I can't believe I didn't catch that earlier! LOL...Thank you for the clarification.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done! I managed to do 7 real push ups today, up from one the first day.

I'm going out of town this weekend, and trying to figure out how I'm going to get my 30DS in. If we have a first floor room, I can just do it in there, but not if we're upstairs. (it's an older, non-chain, small town hotel, so I'm expecting the ceilings to be thin- don't want to disturb people below me). I feel like if I skip it, I'll be taking a step back and don't want to do that. I am bound and determined to do 30 days straight. There is no hotel gym. I guess I'll see when we get there.
  • jaznon
    jaznon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30 Day Shred! Hoping to have it Friday, maybe Saturday! I need things structured so I will do my norm for the rest of the week and the weekend and start fresh Monday!! I am so excited. The people on this site have inspired me to attempt this. I love reading the success stories and seeing pictures! I hope I can keep it up for 30 days! Anyone who wants to add me please do!!!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just done day 4, my calves are really sore :( I think I must have been doing the jumping rope in a funny way or something because both yesterday and today I felt like I was going to get cramp, and both my calves are tender to the touch now, almost as if bruised. Really don't want this to get worse. The cardio in itself was fine but kept feeling as if my calves were sore, but not in the good way.

My calves did the exact same thing...I had to keep stretching them out for a couple of days just to be able to walk, sort of in a lunge position, stretching the calf of the leg behind me. That seemed to really help. I've also been stretching the hamstrings a lot the last couple of days. This morning, I did extra stretches after the dvd and I'm not as sore in the calves today.

Thanks, I did do some extra stretches straight after the dvd cool down. In fact I did double what it told me then some calf exercises but they still hurt. Did you carry on with the dvd even though it hurt?

Mt left arm is the same actually, hurts on the outside of the bottom of my arm.along the bone so I know its not supposed to hurt there. Could hardly lift it to drive earlier yet the other is fine so I've done something wrong :(

Yeah, I just pushed through it, though I have to admit I still cheat during the first circuit of jumping jacks and jump rope. I think my legs are just weaker than the 400lb person she talks about who does jumping jacks LOL...

I haven't had any issues with my arms, so I can't help you there...if you could pin point which exercises is stressing it, maybe you could "cheat" on that one for a couple of days until it rests a little?
  • leeroxboro
    Options

I'm going out of town this weekend, and trying to figure out how I'm going to get my 30DS in. If we have a first floor room, I can just do it in there, but not if we're upstairs. (it's an older, non-chain, small town hotel, so I'm expecting the ceilings to be thin- don't want to disturb people below me). I feel like if I skip it, I'll be taking a step back and don't want to do that. I am bound and determined to do 30 days straight. There is no hotel gym. I guess I'll see when we get there.

WAY to go on the pushups!! One reason I'm trying to get back in shape is because a couple of weeks ago I tried and could not do ONE real pushup...I don't know how long I've not been able to do one since I hadn't tried in quite a while!! Maybe I'll try to do at least one tomorrow morning when I do the dvd!!
  • tatey2009
    tatey2009 Posts: 47
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 completed - my calves are really sore too but I just pushed through it, kept counting down from 30 (as in seconds) in my head and that seemed to help as I didn't seem to be doing jumping jacks etc for as long as I was concentrating on counting and making sure my boob fat didn't pop out of my sports bra as it did on day 1!

I took some before pics yesterday just before doing day 2 .... OMG, HORRENDOUS!!!! Did not really envisage how bad I actually look so it is great motivation ... as they are on my mobile I just hope I don't leave it anywhere!!

Anyway, day 4 coming up in a matter of 12 hours, best rest!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 level 1!
  • N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done!! 29 to go....:smile:
  • craftyclaire
    Options
    I started this on Saturday and have now done 5 days of level 1. I'm very achy especially my calves and thighs. Not too bad today though so that is good. I got this DVD about 6m ago and did one workout and I could bend for 4 days after so I put it away. I'm motivated to restart and do the 30 days and see what happens! I like that its short and the mix of abs, cardio and strength.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I would just do it at the hotel anyway. If you aren't doing it super late at night or super early in the morning...it's fair game. Besides you don't even know if there is someone staying in the room below you!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Don't skip girl, you've come too far!!! If the people below you complain, tell them you are getting your fitness on!!! Most likely, they won't complain and they will have no idea it is YOU making all the noise!!! :happy:
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did d2 l1. I did have to take a day off between day 1 and day 2 due to my quads killing me. Today was much easier though and I added lots of stretching before and after.
  • RUSH156
    RUSH156 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 2...yup feeling the burn! Its a good feeling though. :happy: I'm so excited to see everyone else's comments and tips!

Anyone else think the stretching at the end isn't really adequate? And I can not stretch my hands out behind my back like that!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 2...yup feeling the burn! Its a good feeling though. :happy: I'm so excited to see everyone else's comments and tips!

Anyone else think the stretching at the end isn't really adequate? And I can not stretch my hands out behind my back like that!

I think the stretches aren't enough, and am glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't do the arms behind the back thing!! I guess I need to work on flexibility!!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L1D3 complete!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    L1D3 complete!

Me too!!! :smile:
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I think the stretches aren't enough, and am glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't do the arms behind the back thing!! I guess I need to work on flexibility!!

Me either! I put my hands on the floor and kind of push my chest toward the ceiling- it's a stretch EA Active for Wii taught me. They called it chest opener, and I can feel it through my arms and across my chest.
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just started this today. I am pretty sore from it. I will be doing it at least 4 days a week, maybe more if I can fit it in to my work schedule. Looking forward to seeing results. I took before pics today too so hopefully I will see a change.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yeah I did about 45 minutes of yoga stretching last night. I definitely needed it, and feel MUCH better today. I'm almost walking normal! :laugh:
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of shred was a rest day for me...I was just way too busy and by the time I got home it was 10 pm. I get up early and didn't want to get all hyped up on exercise. I'll do the shred tonight whern I get home before dinner and do something extra to make up :) ~ Motivated!