30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 2....

:sick:

My body is shaking, my thighs are killing me! I could feel every muscle this morning when I woke up. Didn't know how I'd get through Day 2, but I did. I am sweating EVERYWHERE and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see what my body looks like in 30 days. :drinker:
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I had planned to start 30DS next Monday (the 22nd) as I switch up my workouts every 6 weeks. Do y'all mind if I join in a week late? Hopefully your sore stories won't scare me off :)
  • skcarrion
    Options
    I did the eliptical for 45 minutes, then came home to do Day 1 of 30 DS. I had to take a couple quick breaks, but I am sure it will get easier after a couple days. How did everyone else do?
  • keets502
    keets502 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am starting Level 1 Day 1 tonight! I want in!
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I finished day 1 yesterday.....I am SORE!!! But its such a good sore and I can't wait to do it again tonight!!! Good luck ladies. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 2. You can add me if you want!
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 2 today :) I have tried it before (only doing 15days of level 1 then 15 days of level 2) I don't dare start level 3 lol!
  • Hawkforceone
    Options
    Ok, I have a question, lol. I started the 30 day shred thing yesterday and woke up this morning so sore I can't move. How can I stop that and should I just push through the pain and keep going or wait for my muscles to heal? I don't want to stop. Last time I worked out I ended up tearing my rotater cuff.
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have a question, lol. I started the 30 day shred thing yesterday and woke up this morning so sore I can't move. How can I stop that and should I just push through the pain and keep going or wait for my muscles to heal? I don't want to stop. Last time I worked out I ended up tearing my rotater cuff.

Just keep pushing through. I've heard the 3rd and 4th days are so much better then the first two. It'll get easier, as with most work outs. The more you practice the better you'll be! =)

I haven't started myself yet. Waiting on my DVD to get here so I can!
  • ntanasiciuk
    ntanasiciuk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    day 2 lv 2 completed woo!

Hawkforceone after a few days your body will be fine. If you havent worked out in a while and are only starting up your body is in shock. I would continue working out but take the time to give yourself a good stretch before the warm up and a long stretch at the end (i always stretch longer with more str3tches than my DVD) Take it easy though! You know your body and limits.
  • Hawkforceone
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Off to stretch and then do day 2 of level 1! :)
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I started the 30DS on Sunday 14th. Just completed day 3. Day 1 I almost gave up just in the warm up! (jumping jacks!). On that day I almost felt like giving up after circuit 1, those push ups!!

I felt sore yesterday morning and even as I started the warm up with the arms going out, everything ached. But once I was warmed up all that aching went away. I got through day 2 and day 3 with no stopping and I'm really pleased because already I seem to be getting fitter!

Hawkforceone, I agree. I was debating doing day 2 straight away as I was so sore, but after starting it I felt much better! Good luck :)
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 level 2 today! It's fabulous but difficult!
  • embs50
    embs50 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of 30 Day Shred. This time I found my weights instead of using soup cans. Push ups are the hardest.
    Hope everyone else is sticking with it...there is still lots of time today to fit it in.
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options
    This is my second attempt at the 30 Day Shred and so far, so good! I just did Day 2 of Level 2 and it's tough but it's definitely easier than Day 1 of Level 2. I love that I can feel myself getting stronger with each workout. I hated the Jumping Jacks in Level 1 when I started but they definitely got easier and I was even enjoying them a little by the time I was ready to move to Level 2. I hope the same thing happens with those darn plank moves in Level 2 cause I find them SO tough.
  • embs50
    embs50 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The trick with planks is to distract your mind on something else.
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day one finished (last night) Day two later on today :) Why do I HATE jumping jacks? Oh, probably because I have boobs the size of a newborns head...UGH, they hurt!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that it goes away after a few days - because I can barely walk tonight lol....everytime I go to the bathroom I'm groaning because I have to squat to sit down lol (tmi I know..sorry) :laugh:
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that it goes away after a few days - because I can barely walk tonight lol....everytime I go to the bathroom I'm groaning because I have to squat to sit down lol (tmi I know..sorry) :laugh:

I had to REALLY make myself do day three this morning...I even told myself that if I get through today, I would "reward" myself with a "rest day" tomorrow...I pushed through it...weird thing is I'm actually LESS sore today than I was yesterday at this time...thinking of taking the "reward" back and pushing through day 4 tomorrow!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and I am SICK :(
    Hoping and praying I feel better tonight so I can do day 2 -- If not I may just have to an early rest day.

I was SHOCKED how sore I was though -- I didn't that came until like Day 4!