30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options
Well I am going to give in another go. I tried last year and was successful in getting level 1 done but never further then that.
So Monday morning I am starting again and thought I would put it out here so it makes me more accountable :)

I have the fitbit One coming this week as well so that should help drive my motivation. Once I am done the 30 day shred I plan to start C25K.

Anyone is welcome to join and post your progress.
My plan is level 1 for 10 days, 2 for 10 days and 3 for 10 days but not sure how to factor in rest days -- I am thinking Sundays off.

Replies

• grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the workouts? I would love to join in.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred but have heard you can get it free on YouTube.
    The C25K is an app I downloaded to my iphone which I have never used but looks pretty cool :)
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You can either buy the DVD or find all three levels on YouTube, Grace! Just look up "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" or the BeFit channel! I recommend the channel as it offers other fitness trainers' workouts as well!
  • Louisetaylor849
    Options
    Hey every one :) I'm starting this tonight wish me luck lol, just wondering what do I put in the excersize section of the app for here as I can't seem to find anything about the calories burnt doing the 30 day shred?
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started C25K today and I'll do 30DS tonight!
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I actually started this morning, so count me in!

Re: calories burned, I googled "30 Day Shred Calories burned" and came up with an older MFP thread that said 1.1 calories per pound of weight. I don't know how truly accurate that is, but I'm going to use that as an estimate.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm combining 30 Day Shred with Ripped in 30 & Yoga Meltdown... if that counts. I'm working out 6 days a week, but not doing the shred every day. I can't stand doing the same thing every day... still, I wish you all the best and you can add me if you wish. :)
  • jbuchanan086
    Options
    I planned on starting my 30 ds tomorrow so count me in. I also am due to receive my fitbit one the next couple days. Also I started and finished c25k week one yesterday so we are right about the same! I am in lets get it done! My knees are slightly pained from c25k so I hope I can get through it without injury hehe
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just started back at this today after seeing so many fantastic reviews. I have had it for years and started multiple times, but never made it very far. I am really planning to stick to it this time, especially since it's only 20 minutes long. I have NO excuse to not be able to find 20 minutes a day. But, WOW, it kicked my butt!!! I forgot how very difficult it is. Best of luck everyone!!! I'll keep you updated!!!
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in too. :o)
    I just finished my 4th day of 30DS but hey....I can do the 34DS.
    Nicole
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Very excited to be starting tomorrow...Going to also do the 30 squat challenge as well :)

Going to get a good night sleep and ready to rock tomorrow!!
    Going to weigh in, measure and maybe a pic or 2 because I do love to see some progress!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred level 1 8 days ago. I want to join but due to a bad hip I am not capable of the moves on Level and 3.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Feel free to join in :) Do what you can do and we will all just be each others motivation!
  • mrsrhone33112
    mrsrhone33112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and am going to combine this with Windsor Pilates Abs DVD. I started this before but only did it for about 2 weeks but am planning on sticking it out this time. Best of luck to everyone :-)
  • holdon135
    Options
    Alright! I am totally in with you all! :) good luck!
  • Becsinkl
    Becsinkl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) count me in too. I am alternating 30ds with c25k which i started a few weeks ago. Will shred m, w, f and run t, th, sa. Sundays are rest days. Good luck to all of us :)
  • krispetri
    krispetri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I've been watching what I eat for a few weeks/months, but the weight has been coming off fairly slowly. I need to kick it up a notch with exercise.
  • msbestday
    Options
    Count me in.... I can't wait to post before and after pics!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I may curse you and Jillian, (if that's ok? LOL) for starting this thread just when I was considering it anyway! Can't wait to see the results! Yahoo! Let's get this party started!
  • pkralev
    pkralev Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep count me in too. I started day 1 yesterday and have completed day 2 today. Hopefully i'll get to level 3 day 10 this time around. Let's do it.