People who say "Hon"

Options

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I say sweetie quite often to women. Not to men though. Only my husband is my sweetie that way.
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    OP, don't come to Baltimore... hon.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Our marketing manager calls everyone "baby" and it drives me crazy, because she says it with this fake empathetic tone in her voice. I'm 36, far from a baby, but thanks!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This is so funny....my 31 year old daughter said that when I got to be 50 (I'm 49 soon to be 50 in September), told me that I would be calling everyone "hun"! Low and behold...I'll call you hun, sweetie, sweetie pie, my dear! LOL....I'm certainly not flirting because I do it for the young, and people my age and men and women....it's just my personality...but sometimes I feel that I don't want to offend anyone either...but it is who I am so accept my apologies!!! LOL
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Our marketing manager calls everyone "baby" and it drives me crazy, because she says it with this fake empathetic tone in her voice. I'm 36, far from a baby, but thanks!

That would irritate the crap out of me. I feel like baby is intimate and not appropriate in the workplace...But maybe it's just me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It bothers me because I can read men very well and I know its being said in a flirty way. I told one my male coworkers that it bothers me and he stopped doing it..Now he dont know what the hell to say to me..lol..

Have you thought about using your mind powers as an FBI agent to interrogate suspects?

I've known guys who say hon as a habit, be "accused" of being flirty for calling someone hun, hubby etc and they actually weren't. Not saying you can't ask them to not call you hon, just saying that there is actually a chance they aren't flirting with you when they do this. Just putting it out there.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The only time that it bothers me is if some flirty thing says that to my husband. I just thinks its plain disrespectful to get flirty with someone else's mate...:grumble:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Not being a grammar nazi, so please don't strike me down mods!...when I say, what? I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to get across. It's like you used a thesaurus to try to find "better words" to describe whatever it is you are trying to say and forgot to delete the other word. Try again, maybe?
  • goldnfoxy
    goldnfoxy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Being from Philadelphia, it was part of my vocabulary growing up. I've only ready where its offended people, however no one has ever addressed me to not say it, hon :wink:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this... like a lot. Maybe it's just because I'm in Texas where it's pretty normal? I don't know.
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's the worst when a guy is typing "hon" to a female.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Not being a grammar nazi, so please don't strike me down mods!...when I say, what? I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to get across. It's like you used a thesaurus to try to find "better words" to describe whatever it is you are trying to say and forgot to delete the other word. Try again, maybe?

but at what cost?
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

but at what cost?

Still don't understand. Are you saying you charge by the word?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Am I the only one who hates it when people misspell hun as "hon"? Like "Nice job Hon", or whatever. It just seems like this really cheesy attempt to spell this beautiful word correctly.

It's HUN, hun.

It's either when you think of it. Hon can be short for honey, which is a common pet name.
  • itsybitsybutterfly
    Options
    I live in the south and it's no big deal. I say "hun" "babe" "doll" and it's nothing more than a friendly way to speak to anyone, not just people of the opposite sex. :love: :flowerforyou: :laugh:

http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1607/5369/16075369.png
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    IMO - people who call everyone "HON" are not taking the time to recognize the person they are speaking to. I introduce myself by name and it is not "HON". Do not generalize or diminish a persons importance by disregarding that they are an individual by not using their name when they have given it to you to use.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

but at what cost?

Unless you are a published theoretical physicist and have earned a Master of Science and two PhDs, have an IQ of 187, and went to college at 11, research String Theory at Caltech, switched disciplines from bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory and reconciled the black hole information paradox using a string network condensate approach, worked on the string theory implications of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations and considered a method for optimizing a 500 GeV particle detector to this end, jointly wrote a paper on supersolids to be presented at an Institute of Experimental Physics topical conference on Bose-Einstein condensates, keep a whiteboard in the living room for scientific theories containing virtual particles in quantum mechanics or series of Riemann zeta functions, then no I will not ask you any questions.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140376143&page=1

:noway:
  • PikaKnight
    Options

but at what cost?

Unless you are a published theoretical physicist and have earned a Master of Science and two PhDs, have an IQ of 187, and went to college at 11, research String Theory at Caltech, switched disciplines from bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory and reconciled the black hole information paradox using a string network condensate approach, worked on the string theory implications of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations and considered a method for optimizing a 500 GeV particle detector to this end, jointly wrote a paper on supersolids to be presented at an Institute of Experimental Physics topical conference on Bose-Einstein condensates, keep a whiteboard in the living room for scientific theories containing virtual particles in quantum mechanics or series of Riemann zeta functions, then no I will not ask you any questions.

Who said anything about being asked questions? And why go through all that just to state you won't ask me any questions, especially when I never asked you to?

I'm 19, do I have potential?

Quite possibly if you quit copying and pasting quotes from bodybuilding.com
  • 2138alisha
    2138alisha Posts: 1
    Options
    I dont really mind :wink: :happy: