Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I'd rather eat what I choose while just making sure I stay within my calorie goal and that I either reach or go over my protein and fat numbers.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did the 12 day diet once eons ago and lost weight but gained it all plus more back because it doesn't teach you a healthy lifestyle.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.
  • mstierm
    mstierm Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 54 year's old; 5"3' and weighed 140 lbs.
    I followed the 3-Day-Diet exactly and lost 2 pounds after the 3rd day.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I know someone that did it, she did loose 100lbs in like 6 months but it does not look good and she was loosing her hair-doctor stated not enough fat in her diet. I would be starving if I went this route and I dont like to be told what to eat when -lifestyle change is much better for me anyways.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I know someone that did it, she did loose 100lbs in like 6 months but it does not look good and she was loosing her hair-doctor stated not enough fat in her diet. I would be starving if I went this route and I dont like to be told what to eat when -lifestyle change is much better for me anyways.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    First off let's be clear.

I'm ALL for the hot dogs and ice cream BUT

Is this something you're planning on doing for the rest of your life?

If not I would find something else.

May I suggest a calorie deficit coupled with physical activity??

THIS!!!!!!

I have tried this a couple times since my teen years (25 years ago) and once in my 20's. It's very hard to stick with and of course anything I lost was returned to me with extra luggage. I personally don't think the food itself is all that bad (I eat just about anything I want now just in much smaller quantities), but the calorie restriction and no snacks seems a bit harsh. Looks like it's changed a bit, there used to be beets in the diet... yuck!
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ... If you are only doing it for one week to cleanse your system then it won't hurt you much...

Where in the world does that come from?

We are going to cleanse our system by eating hot dogs?

I have a feeling I should be rolling on the floor laughing right about now...
  • miriamu26
    miriamu26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump. Has it been 3 days? Can't wait to read these results.
  • Lizacc
    Lizacc Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, i have tried it! A few years ago i tried it. I lost between 6-8 pounds a week. I did it Monday-Wednesday. On the remaining four days, which included the weekend parties, eating out with family and friends etc.... I ate what I wanted but in moderation. I didn't "PIG OUT"!! I also exercised during the week which I'm sure helped. I'm not a work out maniac, just walking and lite jogging three to four times a week. I lost a total of 25 pounds in a month. After a month I continued with a low calorie diet and execised. No, you don't want to do this diet for more then a month, but it will work and get you feeling good about yourself and motivated to lose weight.
  • Lizacc
    Lizacc Posts: 2
    Options
    It's not something you want to do for the rest of your life! I sugget doing it for a month to jump start losing weight. After the month you can choose a diet with less restriction and keep the weight off. I use to eat what i wanted for the four remaining days, did some light exercise and would not gain back the weight. I lost between 6-8 ponds a week!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yes, and i lost 7 lbs,. I only used it one time, it was very hard to stick to.
  • nicolenewes
    Options
    Yes, I have try it last week, BUT I gain 0.8kg  so in my eyes it is just nonsense.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Unless I have a stomach bug,I will not be planning to eat below 1400 cals a day
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i would never try that. its about lifestyle change not some fad diet that will only cause you to binge afterwards
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    10lbs of water for one not fat! (possibly loss of muscle mass)
    I feel its pretty unbalanced as micros go just by glancing to low of protein!
    If you do this you better limit exercise due to VLCD!
    Once you complete this your metabolism would be most likely a little slower and once you start eating normal don't be surprised if the scale jumps up slightly!
    I personally would stick to a High protein high fiber diet with limited white starches and processed sugars!
    stick with whole fruits and veggies legumes and meat and lots of water!
    AVOID DRINKING YOUR CALORIES! I notice so many peoples diaries does not include beverages and makes me wonder if they neglect to put those calories figures toward there daily goal!

OP what you wish to do i truly wish you best on your journey!

note; ANY MOTIVATIONAL LADIES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!
  • lovemybody80
    Options
    First, eating healthy should be a lifestyle. Of course some of the factors in this diet are questionable (such as hot dogs, ice cream) but I have done this diet and I am currently doing it, to jump kick my weight lose. What it is about...... is PORTION CONTROL.. Once you put yourself on a schedule and follow a routine, you are more discipled. The food here is perfect and not once have I felt hungry. It truly depends on each invidual. It works. But you must be STRICT about it!!
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes i tried it and lost half a stone..

However its silly because as soon as u come off it, it just comes straight back!
    Its dangerous to do it for longer so be careful x
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!