When does CURVY become FAT

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    A defined waist /thread

I had a defined waist at 235 lbs. I don't think this is a comprehensive answer.

I mean, we have to get real. Everyone's body is different.

If you look fat, you're fat. The end. If you have fat rolls and wear plus sizes, you're not curvy. You're fat. Why are people so averse to reality?

You cannot wear a size 24 and not be considered fat. That's it.

Like I said before, I have fat rolls.

Fat DOES NOT equal curvy, but you can be fat and curvy. Simple.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    curvy is a shape not size

you can be skinny and curvy, fat with no curves, fat with curves, skinny without curves

though if you're naturally curvy you can get so skinny OR so obese they disappear.

But yeah, a lot of people say curvy when they mean overweight.

I had A/B cup boobs when I was 15 stone (I'm 5' 5"), while some people have D cups at 11 stone. Curves are genetic, you can't change the shape of your body.

This. I have always had a booty lol but only an A/B in the boob department, so never been considered curvy :ohwell:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I have a waist that is 10 inches smaller than my hips. I get called curvy all the time and I would call myself chunky. I asked a few women why they say I am curvy and not fat and asked for honest answer. they told me it is definitley the hips/waist ratio but they also said my tummy is relatively flat and I am pretty toned ( my upper body at least). I wear a size 12 though ( but then again so did Marilyn Monroe) and my body fat percentage is close to 29%. I am 5 ft 7 and weigh 179. I feel that even if i was a size 00 I would still have the same waist to hip ratio but I wouldn,t be curvy. Curvy for me and what I consider my body type is a size 5/6 or 7/8 tops. For now Im not fat just easier to see :laugh:
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    when you weigh more than 500lbs your fat less than that your curvy
  • abbyreciouz
    abbyreciouz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Curvy, to me is mostly about waist to hip ratio.

8942206332_cc953b87a4_z.jpg
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty curvy
  • LLCoolBean
    LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When the profile pic becomes your cat instead of you.

Lmmfao
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    I think that Curvy is definitely becoming used in the wrong way, as a nice descriptor for someone who is fat, although of course you can be fat AND curvy, it seems like its one of things to sidestep saying that someone's overweight, e.g: 'no you're not fat, you're curvy!!".

In my opinion, being truly curvy means the typical hourglass style shape, or just having a smallish waist and larger hips (and/or bust). You can be over, under or a healthy weight and still be curvy, but its unfortunate that 'curves' is becoming synonymous with being overweight.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    im curvy
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I think that Curvy is definitely becoming used in the wrong way, as a nice descriptor for someone who is fat, although of course you can be fat AND curvy, it seems like its one of things to sidestep saying that someone's overweight, e.g: 'no you're not fat, you're curvy!!".

In my opinion, being truly curvy means the typical hourglass style shape, or just having a smallish waist and larger hips (and/or bust). You can be over, under or a healthy weight and still be curvy, but its unfortunate that 'curves' is becoming synonymous with being overweight.

^^^This. Curvy is an hourglass shape and shouldn't be used in place of obese.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I think the traditional definition of the hourglass figure is a 10 inch difference between your waist and your hips/boobs.

Yay! I qualify!

I think the difference is pretty clear when you look in the mirror.
    Curvy = you have curves and they look nice.
    Fat = you have lumps and they don't look nice.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm always puzzled as to why anyone cares how someone else describes themselves. They get mad when someone they think is fat calls themselves curvy.

Anyway, by the literal definition of curvy, we all are.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I would refer to myself as curvy. My bmi teeters between normal and overweight (24.8-25.2). I am sure there are women out there that are my height and weight and not curvy as it really depends on build. My measurements are 36-28.5-39. I think it's one of those things that everyone has a different personal definition of and that is fine with me.

FTR, I think bmi is a load of crap. I don't think most people would consider me overweight.

image_zps4a7474a8.jpg

4d57baf8-3e7e-4d35-9b00-83a85e55c6b3_zps8ab7d5ee.jpg

image_zpsb7a64ffd.jpg
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I would refer to myself as curvy. My bmi teeters between normal and overweight (24.8-25.2). I am sure there are women out there that are my height and weight and not curvy as it really depends on build. My measurements are 36-28.5-39. I think it's one of those things that everyone has a different personal definition of and that is fine with me.

FTR, I think bmi is a load of crap. I don't think most people would consider me overweight.

image_zps4a7474a8.jpg

4d57baf8-3e7e-4d35-9b00-83a85e55c6b3_zps8ab7d5ee.jpg

image_zpsb7a64ffd.jpg

<--doesn't care about curvy debate. at. all. In for pics, w00t!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I can tell you one thing, OP, I am SICK, to the back teeth, of people using curvy to equal fat. Even freakin' shops do it.

Seriously, it bugs me.

I'm curvy - I have a 15" difference between my hips and my waist. Beyonce is curvy. Kim Kardashian is curvy.

You can be fat and curvy, slim and curvy, athletic and curvy, anorexic and curvy, but having some meat on your bones doesn't automatically equal curvy.

I'll never forget the time I read a story about this seriously morbidly obese woman whose mission it was to become the fattest woman ever. Her chef boyfriend was, like most chubby chasers, slim. He said he likes 'curvy women'. Right. Because rolls upon rolls equals curvy now.

It's just another symptom of our PC culture. Sadly, a spade isn't a spade anymore, it's a fork.

QFT
  • fitelisa
    fitelisa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In my opinion curvy becomes fat when you get fat around your stomach and flanks area cus that definitely is not curvy body like an hour glass but rolls. When fat starts having cellulite or skin hanging. But when curves can be bigger but there is a small waist and nice back it looks nice, someone can carry heavier weight but it has to all be well proportioned throughout the body not accumulated just in one area then it starts looking like fat.
  • michlama
    michlama Posts: 7
    Options
    HAHAHA SO awesome!:laugh:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You can be obese, fat, skinny, athletic or average and still be curvy.

Curves are curves are curves.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    When you have boobie-do. That's when your stomach sticks out farther than your boobies do.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I can tell you one thing, OP, I am SICK, to the back teeth, of people using curvy to equal fat. Even freakin' shops do it.

Seriously, it bugs me.

I'm curvy - I have a 15" difference between my hips and my waist. Beyonce is curvy. Kim Kardashian is curvy.

You can be fat and curvy, slim and curvy, athletic and curvy, anorexic and curvy, but having some meat on your bones doesn't automatically equal curvy.

I'll never forget the time I read a story about this seriously morbidly obese woman whose mission it was to become the fattest woman ever. Her chef boyfriend was, like most chubby chasers, slim. He said he likes 'curvy women'. Right. Because rolls upon rolls equals curvy now.

It's just another symptom of our PC culture. Sadly, a spade isn't a spade anymore, it's a fork.

QFT

I'm not sure what bothers you so much about the fact others that don't look like you want to call themselves curvy.