Meet my new Jogging Partner!

Options

Replies

• Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Handsome boy! If I recall, Blue gene GSD's eyes turn amber. It's really pretty.

Also, be careful jogging with him. Dogs (med-large breed) dogs aren't fully matture until 18-24 months. Running on hard surfaces can cause major damage to their developing bones/joints. Also, GSDs are prone to hip displasia, with the upcoming jogging you might want to speak to your vet if they think you could go ahead and start a glucosamine supp. Due to the activity of our boy, he's been taking glucosamine since he was a year old.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Doh!!!!!!! Soooooo adorable!!!!!! :)
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone,

I know right now he is way too young to come jog with me. But I sure am going to have fun playing with him in the meantime.
    His daddy is 120lbs and Mom is 75lbs. I've got a big boy on my hands!
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What a handsome boy he is!
  • leiann2003
    leiann2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    He is adorable!!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thats almost enough to make me run!!! :D
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love your new running partner ! Now I want one too !
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Freaking adorable! My vote is for Diesel :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    So cute!!! :D He's going to be some handsome! Have fun with him :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    He is beautiful! !!!!!!!! When he grows into those ears he will be humungous
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    He is SO cute!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    awww love !
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, when he gets older his eyes will turn an amber color. So I have to enjoy the green eyes while it lasts. :-)
    His parents were both OFA'd and have good hip scores, but regardless of paperwork I will take it easy on him.

Handsome boy! If I recall, Blue gene GSD's eyes turn amber. It's really pretty.

Also, be careful jogging with him. Dogs (med-large breed) dogs aren't fully matture until 18-24 months. Running on hard surfaces can cause major damage to their developing bones/joints. Also, GSDs are prone to hip displasia, with the upcoming jogging you might want to speak to your vet if they think you could go ahead and start a glucosamine supp. Due to the activity of our boy, he's been taking glucosamine since he was a year old.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone,

I know right now he is way too young to come jog with me. But I sure am going to have fun playing with him in the meantime.
    His daddy is 120lbs and Mom is 75lbs. I've got a big boy on my hands!

I bet he'd love a flirt pole! Check them out on youtube. You can make your own or buy one.
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a full blooded German Shepard as well. I absolutely ADORE that dog! She's the sweetest thing ever and SO protective of my kids! They're awesome dogs!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful dog! I love both names :smile:
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awww too gorgeous! Looks like Beau rather than Blu! Bad case of puppy jealousy coming on now
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Now this is the type of post I like to see. Consider name him Joggernaut though for something different. Deisel is cool too but kinda regular this day in age
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    SO CUTE!!!! Congrats on the new workout buddy!!!! I love the name Diesel!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Oh man he looks like he will be a great friend and jogging partner, I think both names sound awesome, you could call him both, Blue Diesel(insert your last name here). Congrats on your new friend!!