Where to buy pants? HELP?!

Options

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have tried every jean on the planet. The ONLY ones that work for me over and over and over are from Maurice's. If you have a Maurice's near you go try their various styles. My style that works for me is Orchid. Yours may be a different one but the problem I have is that I have large calves and the jeans made now look like leggings on me because they all have lycra and suck up to your legs! The Orchid's fit like a dream. I know others have had AWESOME luck with Maruices jeans. They have many different styles. I bet one would fit you just like you dream!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have tried every jean on the planet. The ONLY ones that work for me over and over and over are from Maurice's. If you have a Maurice's near you go try their various styles. My style that works for me is Orchid. Yours may be a different one but the problem I have is that I have large calves and the jeans made now look like leggings on me because they all have lycra and suck up to your legs! The Orchid's fit like a dream. I know others have had AWESOME luck with Maruices jeans. They have many different styles. I bet one would fit you just like you dream!

^^^MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PLACE SO FAR!!! I actually had never heard of them before this January (2013) and they're in the same shopping center as the Sports Authority I shop at. They had a huge sign in their window for a SALE so I figured I'd go in and take a look around since all my family & friends were hassling me about not having any clothes that fit. The style the gal recommended for me was Taylor, I'll have to look at Orchid next time! I know they do run a bit generous in their sizing but if they look good & make us feel good WHO CARES?! Thanks for the reminder, it was a fun memory for me to relive trying on non-plus sized clothes for the first time in quite a few years!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    www.makeyourownjeans.com Put in your own measurements and voila! custom-fitted jeans and pants!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Not Your Daughter's Jeans? I don't know where to get them, though.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Old Navy/Gap has jeans for all shapes and sizes but I would recommend if
    you go there you try several cuts and use their fitting rooms. They can
    differ greatly between the same sizes because they are manufactured
    just about anywhere outside the US. Congrats in this milestone. :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I get most of my Jeans at Ann taylor Loft (usually at the outlet). I go there because I am extra short and they are one of the few places that make jeans short enough for me. I know this isn't the case for you, but I find the jeans there to be roomy in all of the right places. I am 41 years old and I feel like they are made for a woman's body, not a girl's.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    American eagle has great jeans! They go up to size 18 (not that you need it!) :-)

I will second this. I started buying mine from AE a couple of years ago when Levi discontinued my 504s (the only one's they made long enough to fit me). I'm 5'10" as well, so I get the AE Straight Jean in X-Long. I started with those at a size 12, and am now down to a 6 :D
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores often have lots of variety to choose from.

I love Target because they seem to fit my smaller hips/thighs, but that probably means they are not good for curvy types.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    www.makeyourownjeans.com Put in your own measurements and voila! custom-fitted jeans and pants!

Died and gone to pants heaven! I will definitely check this out, thanks!!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Have you heard of Not Your Daughter's Jeans? I don't know where to get them, though.

I have NOT, I will investigate, thanks!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I get most of my Jeans at Ann taylor Loft (usually at the outlet). I go there because I am extra short and they are one of the few places that make jeans short enough for me. I know this isn't the case for you, but I find the jeans there to be roomy in all of the right places. I am 41 years old and I feel like they are made for a woman's body, not a girl's.

^^^On my list, thanks!
    American eagle has great jeans! They go up to size 18 (not that you need it!) :-)

I will second this. I started buying mine from AE a couple of years ago when Levi discontinued my 504s (the only one's they made long enough to fit me). I'm 5'10" as well, so I get the AE Straight Jean in X-Long. I started with those at a size 12, and am now down to a 6 :D

I did try AE, maybe I should've asked for help, but all the associates were SUPER TWIGGY... Maybe I'll try again.
    Old Navy/Gap has jeans for all shapes and sizes but I would recommend if
    you go there you try several cuts and use their fitting rooms. They can
    differ greatly between the same sizes because they are manufactured
    just about anywhere outside the US. Congrats in this milestone. :)

I was not successful at Gap, however did well at Banana Republic (I know you didn't mention them, but they're also a gap brand) will try Old Navy. Thanks!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options

Seems like Macy's, Nordstrom & Dillard's well them locally for me, they're on the list, thanks again!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. They are preshrunk so you don't have to worry about that, and cheap, so that if you move to another size soon, no great $ lost. And...they tend to be clothes people actually wear. I look for straight leg on the rack, or a cute back pocket to save me time as I sift.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Macy's sells them. But it has to be a big macy's like King of Prussia in Pa. They are hella expensive, IMO.

(Used to work at a Macy's that did not sell them, and they got returned to my store.)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We're about the same size. I'm 5'10 and about a size 10.
    -Levis
    -NY and Co. (www.nyandcompany.com/) curvy jeans
    -Old Navy Rock Star for Skinny Jeans
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    make an appointment with a personal shopper at any department store (Macys, Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdales, etc.) and on the phone explain that you are CURVY and give them your size (if you are in between sizes, tell them to bring both sizes) - they will fill your fitting room with pants from various designers/makers, etc. and you will be able to come in, try everything on and see what looks best on you. Then you will know which designer works for your body!

Note: personal shoppers DO NOT charge a penny. They work on commission so they get something depending on how much you buy after your appointment. Another huge plus - they will hook you up with any and all coupons and money saving tips.

I have scored some seriously nice jeans and dresses this way and this is the only way I shop now.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    We're about the same size. I'm 5'10 and about a size 10.
    -Levis
    -NY and Co. (www.nyandcompany.com/) curvy jeans
    -Old Navy Rock Star for Skinny Jeans

I literally tried every style Levi's yesterday at the Levi's store and walked away empty ????
    NY&Co. & Old Navy are on the list, thanks!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    make an appointment with a personal shopper at any department store (Macys, Lord and Taylor, Bloomingdales, etc.) and on the phone explain that you are CURVY and give them your size (if you are in between sizes, tell them to bring both sizes) - they will fill your fitting room with pants from various designers/makers, etc. and you will be able to come in, try everything on and see what looks best on you. Then you will know which designer works for your body!

Note: personal shoppers DO NOT charge a penny. They work on commission so they get something depending on how much you buy after your appointment. Another huge plus - they will hook you up with any and all coupons and money saving tips.

I have scored some seriously nice jeans and dresses this way and this is the only way I shop now.

MINDBLOWN!!! I used to use personal shoppers years ago when I had a very strict dress code at my company. I completely didn't think of ever doing this for casual clothes (I am now a stay at home mom, so I pretty much only dress casual, except for church).

Thank you!!!!! ????????????
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for you Americans!
    Juniors? Misses? Odd sizes??? Its all confusing as hell!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I feel bad for you Americans!
    Juniors? Misses? Odd sizes??? Its all confusing as hell!

^^^I don't know anything different (I've only ever been to Canada and Mexico) but I can safely say that this comment is the UNDERSTATEMENT of the history of the written word. LOL!!! It's so frustrating and confusing. Sizes are not standardized in ANY WAY and the names of the styles are so ridiculous... *smh*