introvert or extrovert?

Options

Replies

• briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Introvert. There's a really good book called 'Quiet' that talks about Introverts.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm an "extroverted" introvert if that makes any sense! lol . . . I prefer to be alone but will adapt when I have to (work, functions, etc.) :smile:
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    extrovert
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Extrovert! I love everybody and get super excited about spending time with people and getting to know them better and I LOVE meeting new people. I like my alone time too (especially reading), but I'll get depressed if I go for too long without human interaction.
  • smooth62526
    smooth62526 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that! Lol
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    One thing introverts hate: Small talk. We like to talk when we have something worthwhile to say about a subject, and we can go on for hours. But just talking for the sake of talking, that's a no no. I hate when people, especially strangers, expect me to do that, lol. Like, why can't you just sit there and enjoy the silence already, sheesh. XD

This is definitely me and it happened last night at work. I stopped at a gas station, and some old man that I didn't know wanted to talk. I tried walking away and not responding, but I got followed. Sheesh. I had to get out of there before he drove me crazy. I don't understand the whole idea of talking just to talk, lol!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Extrovert but I find that I've become more introverted the older I get.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    A bit of both. I can talk to anyone, or speak to a group.. But I usually hang back and listen to everyone before I decide if I want to bother.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm always exhausted after being around a lot of people and I need to go home and just be alone for awhile.

Aw, textbook definition, lol. Introverts gain their energy from being alone and having "me-time", while extroverts get charged from interacting with people. When introverts interact with others,( and they may be very articulate and adept at this), they're still using up that energy they stored.

Well based on this, I guess I'm an introvert. People tend to wear me out.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Introvert....until the second shot of tequila.
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    introvert with people i dont know, extrovert with people i do know
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    extrovert
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I am both, I can talk your ear off but also be quiet at times.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    depends on how many drinks i've had
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    introvert until I get to know you, then extrovert
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Depends on what circle I run in. At a football game or a public bank fishing spot I'm likely to talk to anyone who will listen for as long as they'll stay there.

At a bar? You'd never know I was there. I hate loud places not involving sports.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised introverts are posting. LOL
  • NoraisTreble
    NoraisTreble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was an extrovert - until I learn what that really means! While I am friendly and loving, and "put myself out there" might make me seem like an extrovert. However, I am an introvert (====================================================
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I used to be really shy when I was younger, but I'm glad my parents made me join summer camps and clubs when I was in school. I'm not loud at all and I don't like to be the center of attention, but I like to talk to all groups of people and I'm not afraid to speak with strangers when I'm out and about.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The psychologists say we all lean one way or the other.

But I am one of the few true hybrids out there. It's just how I naturally am. I consistently score right in the middle between the two. My personal experience also tells me it's accurate. The advatage is I can understand both introverts and extraverts very well. The downside is I occasionally get stuck in a highly introverted or extraverted mood.

I love small talk...I love people...but sometimes I love being alone! Sometimes I'll talk and talk...other times I'm more reserved and think carefully first.

It's all about mental flexibility...