Disappointment after Week 1

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Your perspective is all wrong :smile:
  • I would of loved to see 1.4 this week. i only had .2 so congratulations
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    It takes years to gain the weight , you can't expect to have it off in a matter of weeks. That is the reality.
  • kevel88
    kevel88 Posts: 1 Member
    1 pound per week would make me happy. That is excellent. And quit beating yourself up!! A gradual wt loss it better.:flowerforyou:
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Why are you disappointed? 1.4 pound weightloss with a crappy eating weekend is excellent! I know you hear people say they lost, like, 5 pounds they're first week. But, the body only can lose 1-2 pounds of fat a week. In most cases, unless you are obese, anything more lost is water weight. Keep up with what you are doing and continue to research and soak in HEALTHY weightloss information. The more you know, the more you're likely not to beat yourself up while on your journey.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    1.4 lbs is disappointing?

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking it too!!! I blame things like the Biggest Loser for people being disappointed in weight loss like this!

Yea, 1.4 is good

People want instant gratification, well tough *kitten*
    Took more than a week to put on, will take more than a week to take off
    Stop your complaining, be happy and keep at it
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Your perspective is all wrong :smile:

This. Stop thinking that you should be losing like a Biggest Loser contestant and you'll be much more successful.
  • If you keep going at 1.4lbs a week you'll have a lost a stone in 3 months. Really doesnt seem that small of a number now does it? :)
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    1.4 lbs is disappointing?

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking it too!!! I blame things like the Biggest Loser for people being disappointed in weight loss like this!

Yea, 1.4 is good

People want instant gratification, well tough *kitten*
    Took more than a week to put on, will take more than a week to take off
    Stop your complaining, be happy and keep at it

This. I admit that I was able to loose more than that in a week at my peak of weight loss, but I was starving myself and wasn't happy during that time. I was a slave to the scale and it did cause some issues. I would not recommend it to anyone. A 1-2 pound loss per week is a very safe and comfortable pace and less likely to cause issues, physical or emotional. Especially considering OP had a weekend that wasn't that great, as long as they keep those types of weekends as an exception. This is about weight loss and getting fit, not denying yourself simple pleasures like a fun weekend or the occasional food treat. What's the point of looking good if you can't have some cake once in a while?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    If you ate like crap over the weekend, it's entirely possible you ate like you were at a salt lick. Drink some water. Actually, drink a metric cr@p ton of water, keep doing what you were doing, and I'll bet you post a stellar loss next week.

That being said, well done on the 1.4. :)

Mmmm, salt lick.
    drooling-homer-simpson_zps6d28df4e.jpg
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    I don't even lose that in a month

I'm working my *kitten* off and I've lost 2 pounds in like 3 months.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    You say yourself that you didn't eat well during the week end. You should be glad you even lost 1.4lb. It's very easy to undo all your hard work during the week if you're not careful on week ends.
  • pb3693
    pb3693 Posts: 21 Member
    I agree with everyone else here 1.4 lbs is a good loss. Just about every magazine you see at the store promises crazy weight loss, like 23 lbs in 2 weeks. Those diets are also usually extremely restrictive, super low in calories and unrealistic for long term use. The other issue is that when weight comes off too quickly, it tends to come right back and bring a few extra pounds too. It's much better for the weight to come off slowly and stay off. If you can shift your mindset away from "I'm dieting" to "I'm developing healthy eating habits" you may notice a change in how you feel about your progress. I know that I did! Also, don't forget that eating too few calories can have the same effect as eating too many. Make sure that your calorie goals are in line with your activity level so that your body is getting the fuel that it needs.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    That is a fabulous loss! Last week I lost .6 pounds. You have to remember this is a journey. It will not happen overnight. You will not be perfect but every notch on the scale is a victory. You're looking for better healthy right? Not just to drop off weight, right? Then 1.4 is PERFECT.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    trying to understand how 1.4 lbs in a week is disappointing.
  • mkparis
    mkparis Posts: 4 Member
    Average healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. You should be happy!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    As everyone else has said, 1.4 pounds is perfect for one week... healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. You have to be patient. You didn't gain all the weight in a week, you're not going to lose it in a week either. Any loss should be celebrated.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    I don't even lose that in a month

yeah me neither
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    I was disappointed in my first few weeks, I dropped about 3 lbs in as many weeks. I'm 5 10, and started at 239 lbs. I was eating 1200 cals per day.

I boosted my calories to 1700, and usually manage to work out 2-3 times a week, and have been losing a a much quicker, healthy rate. I notice that if I eat grain carbs on any day, my weight goes up about 2 lbs for 2 days, and then drops again.

It takes time to figure out what is right for you and your body, and give any changes you make 2 weeks to show a result.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    It takes years to gain the weight , you can't expect to have it off in a matter of weeks. That is the reality.

Yep. Easier to gain weight that lose it fo sho.