5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Soda & Cold Cuts -- both cut out 100% because I see them as harmful to my overall health.

Significantly reduced intake of indulgent, but not totally harmful, foods:
    -Pizzeria Pizza
    -Ice Cream/Cookies
    -Snacks (chips, pretzels)
    -Beer/Wine
    -Subway
    -Pancakes

Also, as some others mentioned, I stopped eating my son's leftovers. Yeah, didn't need to be eating my dinner and then a plate of chicken nuggets!
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have given up many things, but everyday is a struggle.

1. Fast food
    2. Soda
    3. sweets
    4. Chips
    5. rice
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Nothing cut out... i'm just better at portion sizes and not eating the bad stuff as often.
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fast food
    umm... I can't really think of anything,

Cow milk
    Ice cream (Frozen yogurt doesn't count!)
    Soda
    Pie/Cake

I agree frozen yogurt does not count!!!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Nothing. What I have cut out is mindless grazing, worrying about it, and excuses for not moving more.
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1. Alcohol
    2. Sugars and all artificial sweeteners
    3. Refined Carbohydrates and grains
    4. Any restaurant that features a "drive thru"
    5. processed foods and meat products.
  • mno1324
    mno1324 Posts: 8
    Options
    Soda
    French fries
    .. that's pretty much it. I eat everything in moderation
  • bleis71
    bleis71 Posts: 22
    Options
    Fast Food
    Pizza
    Fast Food
    Fast Food
    and ...Fast Food
  • Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    I gave up alcohol 30 years ago when I was skinny so it doesn't count.
    I gave up cigarettes 12 years ago and got fat as a result lol

I gave up cream & sugar in my coffee 3 years ago and promptly lost 5 pounds that week --- drink plain black coffee ever since.

When I started on this phase of my journey, I switched from sugar soda to diet soda. I traded in my nightly sweet tea for diet soda. It made my calorie count for beverages look better but before long I realized I was drinking more and more soda and less and less water. I was also craving sugary snacks all day including into the night.

I gave up soda -- all soda, under all situations -- just a few weeks ago. I dropped 5 pounds in a short period of time.

I drink water, black coffee, and occasionally unsweetened iced tea. I don't crave sweets nearly as much -- my current downfall is salty snacks and carbs.

Everything else I've adjusted portion sizes (where I'm willing) and made healthier choices.

I still eat Mexican food, Chinese food, and Italian food -- I am more careful about what I eat and portion control.

I still brave the Chinese buffet --- but I get my food in a bowl instead of a plate and make myself have to go back if I want more ---
    I'm inherently lazy and don't want to keep getting up to get more. My weakness is sushi, so I justify that it is better for me than the fried curries with lots of sauce since I eat the same amount of rice anyway.

I have developed a love of Arroz Con Pollo at the local Mexican place --- nothing deep fried and I get some veggies besides onions and peppers. If only I could learn to push away the chips & salsa before my food arrives.

Italian is a challenge because I'm not into marinara and prefer a white sauce every time. I push my complimentary breadsticks to my daughter as soon as they hit the table and always get a good sized salad before my pasta so I fill up quicker. I order the 2-piece cannelloni instead of the 3 piece
    it took me a while to learn to order the small or lunch sized portions.

Best of all, since I'm drinking water, I'm saving all my calories for food that tastes good instead of wasting it on a sweet drink that masks the real flavors of food.

I haven't lost a lot of pounds yet, but I am seeing a difference in the way my clothes fit and the way I'm feeling over-all. I sleep better without soda!!!
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    - pop
    - chocolate
    - candy

Still eats pizza 3 times a week crew checking in.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I may have cut back portions or when I choose to have the things I want, but I haven't said I will never eat "insert food here" again.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    1. I need to cut out over-eating
    2. I need to cut out thinking that there are certain foods I need to cut out (eat ALL the foodz in moderation)
    3. I need to cut out cigarettes
    4. I need to cut DOWN on drinking
    5. I need to cut out *most* other people's opinions
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I basically eat what i want, but in moderation. good luck with your goals!!
  • misssalley
    misssalley Posts: 12
    Options
    Fast Food
    Soda
    CHIPS

I LOVE CHIPS lol
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to eat, but in moderation. And also get the light, fat free, no oil, broiled not freid, most of the time. This is a life style change, but I know when to stop now, instead of over eating everything......
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    i cut out fizzy but i did have one a few days ago,
    big bars of chocolate and big bags of sweets, but i think everything in moderation is ok
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    The typical answer is nothing. This is because if you stay without your macronutrient totals you will lose weight
  • smartin0181
    smartin0181 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    chicken strips and french fries.
    Ranch
    regular cola
    ice cream
    and candy.

OH YEA, sweet alcoholic drinks!!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have given up is pop, I don't drink any of my calories anymore. I still eat everything I use to eat but only smaller portions and I do pass on things now like the donuts at work or things like that. I think just watching the amount calories has been key to me so far and getting off my butt to do something. I feel so much better and that is worth no donuts or pop!
  • ChristieGallagher
    ChristieGallagher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have cut . . .

1. soda
    2. chips
    3. french fries
    4. ice cream
    5. gluten

from my regular eating. However, I do incorporate some of these into scheduled "cheat meals". Otherwise, I think I would fail at watching my diet.