after your workout do you always have time to shower?

Options

Replies

• 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    When I wake up I go to the shower, I run the water, and crouch down in a ball like arnie when he came back through time in the terminator. With the water running down my back, I tense every muscle in my body, and begin humming the terminator theme song(you know the one - da da da, daaaaaaa daaaaaa daaaaaaaa) with my eyes closed. I slowly rise while still humming, and after I finish I open my eyes.

I know that for the rest of the day I can go out into the world as a completely badass, emotionless cyborg. Alpha as ****, I won't give a **** what anyone thinks. If I want to wear my leather jacket to college, I will.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always shower after a work out.

I see women at my gym complete a class and just throw a coat on over their sweaty work out clothes and then hit public transport (gym is in central London and is neither residential nor convenient for parking). Yuck :sick:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so YES.
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Always! I can't seem to sweat..I just get really hot and red in the face, no matter how intense the workout, and I have a lot of problems with my tendons and joints, so it's straight to an ice cold shower for me when I get done.
  • jellypuffofdoom
    jellypuffofdoom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wait until I get home to shower, but I do as soon as I am through the door! Gives me more time to shave & stuff, then can attack the hubby with fresh cleanliness!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I always do!! :-) If I don't I feel too uncomfortable!!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the itch to go for a run on my lunch hour, so I end up having to take a *kitten* bath in the ladies room with papertowels and warm water. But, to be honest, I work with a bunch of dudes in the petroleum industry; they'd never even notice one more funky smell.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    My drive home from the gym is about 10 minutes. During this time, I cool down and hit the shower right when I get home. I still take another one the next morning at 4am before work. It's a mental thing but I have to be freshly showered before going to work...LOL
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the itch to go for a run on my lunch hour, so I end up having to take a *kitten* bath in the ladies room with papertowels and warm water. But, to be honest, I work with a bunch of dudes in the petroleum industry; they'd never even notice one more funky smell.

:flowerforyou:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    today: 30 min of 1 hr lunch spent longboarding, hard, in the sun.

- dress for office + sk8 (which means no girlie clothes)
    - keep sk8 shoes in car; wear slipons which don't stink and change shoes as needed
    - get a little sweaty
    - stink a little bit
    - wreck the hair
    - go back to desk and don't worry about it

generally i exercise at least 1 hr in the afternoon/eve but somedays i am busy and only have a few minutes throughout my workday to exercise on my breaks.

i love longboarding too much to not do it every chance i get. so yeah, i stink sometimes. i'm a dirty, happy sk8r.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Im starting to wonder what my neighbors think. I work out at home at night. (Dont like the idea of a gym) Since I live in an apartment, I figure my neighbors below me hear me working out, but then my neighbor on the other side (and maybe above and below me as well) hear the shower running in the morning AND at night. (I can hear the water running for my neighbor above me and beside me.) I need to wash my hair in the morning I just cant wash it at night and it still be decent and cooperate in the morning!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    technically i have time i suppose but i don't. i work out after work. if i am going home i just go home. then i cook dinner and eat and by then it is 8:30 and i have generally forgotten about the shower and have it in the morning. just being honest.

if i am going out with friends (like today) i wait until i cool down then reapply deodorant, wash my face, put on fresh make-up and make sure my hair doesn't look a fright.

my gym doesn't really have showers. well technically they do but they are more for the pool than the fitness center and don't have curtains. plus, i don't think it is appropriate for an adult woman alone to be nude in front of a lot of unaccompanied children...but maybe that's just me.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    in the morning yes, I shower, during my lunch hour no, I don't, don't have time to or a place to, I just cool off, and hopefully I don't stink that bad...if I do then I guess people will stay out of my cubicle...:laugh:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yep, I always shower after a work out.

I see women at my gym complete a class and just throw a coat on over their sweaty work out clothes and then hit public transport (gym is in central London and is neither residential nor convenient for parking). Yuck :sick:

Oh no! Not with the buses already smelling of fried chicken and the Tube with air con blowing out hot air in summer :sick:
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I thought women didn't sweat. I thought you ladies only prespired.

LMFAO!!!! Oh some of us sweat!! One of my work outs...I have had to wash my floor after from dripping sweat!!! haha

To answer the question - not always :( I have those stupid wet clothes no shower things (sponge bath) I do not typically have any odor to my sweat though (thank god!) I am sure if I did...a shower would be mandatory time or not!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I hate showering at the gym (seriously ladies, if you have long hair, pick up your own damn hairballs!), so I shower before I go lift, then I just change my clothes after.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I always shower. The thought of not just makes me....:sick:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Nope! In fact, I workout at 6am and can't shower until nighttime because there is no time. But, it is what it is!

6am - Kickboxing class for an hour. I have to race home and get my daughter up for school and get her ready (she's only 6). I drop her to school and drive straight to work (I have my own office space and don't have to really deal with anyone directly). Work until 5:30, go home the husband has dinner ready. I feed the kids. Then I bathe the kids. Then I read to the kids. Then I put them to sleep. Then I shower. DEAR GOD. :laugh:

But that's just three days a week. On the other days, I'll shower right away.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, always. Most of the time I sweat enough to have to wash my hair, too.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I work out at night most of the time, and when I do I don't shower. I just go home and go to bed. My wife hasn't complained yet :D

If I'm going to work afterward though I make sure to take a towel and shampoo and soap and stuff. Don't want to be at work smellin' awful.