What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bethanyrees4
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every day for my first meal, although I usually wake up around 11 so I call it lunch. But I'll have Special K cereal, with fat-free skim milk, with chunks of chopped up banana in it. So yummy.
  • Bluckii
    Bluckii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I either eat a wrap stuffed with homemade refried beans, avocado, light sour cream, zucchini and onion. If i have leftover rice that needs to be eaten I'll throw that in too. On mornings where I am in a rush I will have half of an Alfresco's Apple Sausage and a piece of gluten free toast with a small amount of butter.
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of hot oatmeal, but have you tried "overnight oats"? SWOON. I love these.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I like to make a "mocha" version with about 1/2 Tablespoon instant coffee and a small amount of chocolate chips. I also really like the peanut butter banana one on the page linked here, and I made a peach pecan one all the time last summer. YUM.

Otherwise I have something like a green smoothie, or a yogurt (Muller corner yogurts, mmm) with a piece of fruit, or a scramble made with eggs, veggies, and chicken sausage. Cereal when I'm desperate (never been a huge fan). Sometimes I just have coffee and eat a slightly earlier lunch.
  • getfit_kal120
    Options
    Im always backwards so i eat random things either left overs from night before. or fish, fish is fast n easy
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    1 scrambled egg
    4 slices low sodium turkey bacon
    1 slice Mrs Bairds Honey wheat made into a sandwich

and

1 cup fruit loops with 1/2 cup milk
    or
    1 mini cinnamon roll
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I typically eat light breakfasts and then a light snack around mid-morning. Fruit like a banana, orange or berries is great. I also love hummus with a 100 calorie deli flat. My diary is open, so you can take a look if you like
  • AuntGinny
    AuntGinny Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to change my around every day to keep it exciting. I will have granola with FF milk and a yogurt, or 1/2 honey wheat bagle with 1Tbl pb, or oatmeal with FF milk and a hard boil egg. I will even have a WW tortilla shell with egg beaters and 1/4 C shredded light cheese. These all keep me full til my next meal.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    today an Atkins bar & voskos greek. Maybe Kashi & an orange tomorrow morning.
  • Blegg30
    Blegg30 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been making smoothies- 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt, ice, and some fruit. I don't really like eating breakfast that much, but a smoothie is easy to make and I can take it with me when I head out for the gym, so I can sip it along the way and finish it after my workout.
    On weekends I like to make eggs- 1 egg with black beans, salsa, sriracha, some kind of veggie mixed in, and a low fat string cheese melted on top.
    A serving of almonds also works too.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Peanut butter on whole wheat toast! Actually, I've started replacing the real stuff with pb2, but if I can squeeze in the Skippy I will!:)
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    Three eggs with a little shredded cheese and sometimes a piece of whole grain toast with them. :wink:
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled with some kind of veg (red pepper, mushroom, onion, spinach...) and some grated parmesan. Sometimes taco seasoning, sometimes vadouvan (Indian) seasoning. Topped with salsa or once in a while, half an avocado. Delicious.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...a million different ways...always with whey protein added in...I love it so much, sometimes I eat it for lunch too!
  • FussBucket
    FussBucket Posts: 29
    Options
    I eat oatmeal often and I change up the fruit... peaches, raspberries, apples, dates. Sometimes I have greeek yogurt with fruit instead. I like egg white omlets and turkey sausage sometimes. I HATE turkey bacon...its gross to me. I can eat cereal, like cherrios, every morning for weeks or just two slices of toast with peanut butter and a banana...to go. Sometimes I have a protien shake/smoothie for breakfast. I like to switch it up too, but I do not get fancy on the week days. I'm too busy for that. On the weekends I'll get fancy.... you know like meet my friends for breakfast! I eat egg whites of course.... ;) My meals are somewhere around 200 to 260 each. You do need breakfast to start your metabolism and I believe it is, in fact, the most important meal of the day. Good luck.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ special dark unsweetened cocoa, made with almond milk, and a teasp of almond butter.
    Breakfast burritos
    Overnight oats - a million and one ways to make these
    Scrambled egg whites with apples and cinnamon - my current fav!!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. Every weekday I take my breakfast to work and it is almost always Greek yogurt, berries and a quarter cup of Grape Nuts.

On the weekends when I have more time I have bacon, a veggie omelet and toast.

Like I said, boring!

But I like it that way.
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    I try to avoid high carb first thing in the morning cuz it just doesn't fill me. I go for a very thick protein shake with 30g protein and some fiber added in
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean delight sandwiches are GREAT! (Low cal, quick, easy)
    A serving of cereal (honey nut cheerios or bran flakes)
    egg white omelets (I have a microwave omelet tray and it takes about 2 minutes to make one)
    Wheat toast with sugar free preserves
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    If i'm not at work i always have a bowl of special k, love it