How do I not eat the junk if it's in the house?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When you find out, pass it along as I want to eat all the junk in my house that my husband and son have. I have no willpower....

If you truly believe that you have no willpower, then you are doomed to a life of making excuses. A few things: get up early and walk a few miles to pay off in advance the calories you are going to eat anyway. It's a mile for a slice of toast with a scraping of jam. Another mile for-- what? fifteen Doritos? I would never walk that far to pick up fifteen Doritos. Second, ask yourself what your spouse would do if you put something yummy and healthy in front of him. There are some killer snack recipes on this site. Cheesecake with Greek yogurt. I make a strudel that is a package of phyllo dough and a can of sugar-free pie filling and an oven. That's it. When my husband wants Doritos, he has to stretch waaaaay up there to get them and the strudel is so much easier to reach. And why is it OK to feed your son junk? I want you to write out, "He is head of household so we all have to also eat crappy food and be unhealthy and die several years earlier than if we were healthy." Do that a hundred times and see if you really believe that.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Op: When I lived with my parents it was really difficult to avoid all the temptation. I found it easier to make sure I had alternatives in the house. Also communicate with them. If they are supportive maybe you can work together to find a way to make it easier on you to stick with your changes. This maybe something like having all the junk in one place that you know to stay completely away from.

As for the marriage issue. I really wish people wouldn't comment on things they no nothing about. My husband and I structure pur marriage based on Christian principles. It isn't about the man dominating the wife. My husband is the head of house and I respect and trust him to lead our family. That isn't to say my opinion is meaningless. He also respects and appreciates what I do for our family. My husband and i have been married for 7 years and it works for us and we are happy. I see a lot of my friends going through divorces and custody battles and it just makes me feel blessed that my husband and i have the relationship that we do. If it wouldn't work for you then don't do it.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Stop buying junk.

Not the only person in my home....and I cannot enforce my way onto my husband. He is the head of the house, he says buy it, I buy it.

But I have such a difficult time walking past it...I am weak.

Don't eat it, gain will power. Head of the house hold makes me laugh. He may be the breadwinner but he can't force you to eat it.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you have to have enough will to get healthy, and to say no to the junk food.

My husband also works as I am staying home with the baby at the moment, and we buy the groceries, and he buys cake, chocolate, soda, chips....all for himself. I don't tell him he can't buy it cause he's grown, he can do whatever he wants, just like I can. I choose not to eat that and I make sure I have healthy alternatives while we're watching tv or a movie together during the evenings.

Healthy living requires a lot of self will and dedication, its hard but so worth it. Picture yourself 6 months from now and how amazing you'll feel and look, by refusing twinkies and chips.
  • cstod74
    cstod74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I go out and buy my own junk (healthier) so when I do want to "cave" I have something to get, just don't over do it. Plus I set a time of each day not to eat past..............Will Power is baby steps one day at a time.