Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    487795_10151373659478460_2039286256_n.jpg

70 pounds down so far. I have hypothyroidism and PCOS, so I don't lose as fast as others. I've lost 12 inches on my hips alone.

My diet is cleaner than it's ever been, but I lack in a lot of stuff. I eat everything I want. I try to modify if possible, or limit portions. I do try to keep my carbs under 150. That is plenty.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    To certain "Clean eaters": Please stop walking around like you're better than everyone else when in reality you don't know how to count your macros.
  • commandax
    commandax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want... food is food. I just try to eat just what I can burn. On Saturdays, when I spend 3 hours kickboxing, that means I can indulge in a delicious cheeseburger with fries and a few craft beers at my favorite pub. Most days at lunchtime I order something like an Italian sub, a steak sandwich, a chicken burrito, or a fully loaded pizza... whatever strikes my fancy. I just try to keep my portions reasonable. Have half the Italian sub with some fresh veggies for lunch, and save the other half for dinner. Just pack the other half up and put it in the fridge before you even take a bite. If you eat at a reasonable pace and learn to savor your food, you'll be full by the time you're done eating and you won't even be thinking about the other half of your meal chilling in the refrigerator.

I do generally avoid stuff with a lot of sugar, not because of wanting to eat clean, but just because it often makes me feel sleepy and bloated, and I suspect that's why I don't really crave stuff like cake and candy. Once in a while I'll indulge in a cookie or an ice cream sandwich, if I come across something that looks particularly yummy, because for me there are no rules except "only eat what you can burn."
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

I don't have a success story ...yet
    But I am seeing changes, without eating clean and just sticking to my calorie goal, and going over here and there. OH and I lift!
  • mareeee1234
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Proof I think! :love:
  • mareeee1234
    Options
  • westerly34
    westerly34 Posts: 898
    Options
    just go on my profile see my pics....ur body cant tell the difference between "clean" foods or "dirty" foods. theres no such thing! All your body sees are carbs protein and fats!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    While I would prefer to eat "clean" and I do prefer how I feel - I don't believe it's a necessity for weight loss. It boils down to simply expending more calories than you take in.

I've had lots of success - and some days it's clean eating - some days it isn't.

Best of luck to you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I once patted the grease off my meat lovers pizza with a napkin, that counts as clean, right?

Lost and have maintained my loss for my loss for a year and a half. I eat fast food. A lot. And chocolate.
    In...

...to read all of the "dirty eating" success stories of the mostly young people.

:flowerforyou:

*cough*
    No way Sara, you are a special unicorn. A ripped, sexy, ice cream eating unicorn...

:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    A girl with Sharon Ehman's body as a profile pic who doesn't want to/can't eat cleanly. The irony. (Can't? Not sure how cutting out processed food could be something someone COULDN'T do... but I won't pry.)
    1. Not a "girl" but that's too complicated to get into!
    2. I could never get that sort of body but it's admirable and I love the pants! What's wrong with that?
    3. I never said I intend on eating like this forever and ever.
    4. Did you read the p.s.? =u= v

Edit to add to #2 and that sort of body being impossible to achieve on a non-clean diet... maybe I can't do it, but... just gonna leave this here....
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    just go on my profile see my pics....ur body cant tell the difference between "clean" foods or "dirty" foods. theres no such thing! All your body sees are carbs protein and fats!!!

This macros and micros. Tired of having to explain why I am eating a burger on a diet to people.

It's common sense honestly. If you see a big mofo having 1 burger why on Earth would one think that 1 burger is going to destroy a whole day. One burger. LOL
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Lost a couple pounds without eatting clean.
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Check out my pictures on my profile! I went from 215ish lbs down to 140lbs. Still drank diet soda, ate my ice cream if I had calories left over and ate lean cuisines daily for lunches.

You don't have to eat like a bunny rabbit or our ancestors to lose weight. Just burn more than you consume and make good choices.
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Glad there's so many of you! I try to eat cleanly, but I love junk.. I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle.. and yes it works!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Check out my pictures on my profile! I went from 215ish lbs down to 140lbs. Still drank diet soda, at my ice cream if I had calories left over and ate lean cuisines daily for lunches.
    Very well done! You look awesome! :D The same clothes really put it in perspective. I hope I can do the same!

Just to add, I don't eat hamburgers for every meal or anything, but pretty much what you said. Normal diet, some clean foods, some very much not, but moderated. I'm glad to see so many people responding positively.
  • Obscuring
    Obscuring Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 lbs this month and the only thing I have denied myself is soda... which I didn't really drink more than twice a month anyway. I still eat whatever I want, I just make sure it's an appropriate amount! Although, if I want only cheetos for lunch one day, I won't deny myself, lol.
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not a clean eater and I lost almost 20kg... (From overweight to normal)...
    I don't eat junk ALOT.. But I do...
    Also I don't follow any rules except 1: Use more energy, than you eat.

If I "overeat" 1000kcal, I exercise untill those are burned off.

Then you WILL loose weight. Trust me.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want lol
  • trudiedurbridge
    Options
    I try to eat healthy but I dont eat clean, :) I dont have a success story yet as I am only a couple of weeks into using MFP but it would be good to have some friends who es similar things to me :) I workout 3-4 times a week at the moment x
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think I eat clean most of the time but I really don't know exactly what that means. I think it's unreasonable to exclude snacks and fun foods. I went to McDonald's over the weekend and had a Filet-o-fish meal. I about died when I entered the calories including my Coke. It was 1,000 cals! Yikes, good thing I don't do this that often.

Eating dirty is downright fun but you can really blow through your calories dammit!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!