Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options

Replies

• tanmustlose
    tanmustlose Posts: 39
    Options
    Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Wow. People on MFP can be unnecessarily sarcastic. In answer to the OP's question.... No, I haven't been on a juice fast and seen results like this. I think the most common results (from small juice fasts) are loss of water weight, detox, stress and headache.

As a few people have already mentioned, it would be a good detox, but the weight loss results don't last, and it's expensive.

Hope this helps,

tanmustlose
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.

Bwaahahahaha
  • MistleToeSter
    MistleToeSter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have pics but they are for my eyes only.
    Of course pics can be doctored so why believe them?
  • MistleToeSter
    Options
    Mine didn't.
  • MistleToeSter
    Options
    I already kno a juice fast isn't for me because like everyone else I love food.

Good for you. Don't let yourself be swayed by a documentary with a clear agenda.

You can just eat food, count your calories, exercise, and you'll find success. You don't need to cut out entire food groups or overdose on organic vegetables grown in your backyard.

Just count your calories. Here, for free. It really does work.

What agenda is that?
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I tried going on a juicing/vegan plan after I watched the documentary, but not for weight loss. I have chronic hives just like Joe in the movie. I've had them every, single day since July 2003, and it sucks. At the point at which I tried juicing, I was really desperate to try something that might help. I didn't notice any real difference in my hives, unfortunately.

Fortunately, it did spur me to find a new allergist who has me on a new (to me) medication regimen that keeps the hives controlled for the most part. I haven't had swollen lips or eyes in a very long time, and the bottoms of my feet are no longer swollen with hives all of the time. I can't really fault anyone for trying the juicing thing if the person has hives because it seriously is horrible at times. I have been through having virtually all of my body covered in red, itchy welts that are ugly to look at and painful to endure. I am thankful now that I have very few visible hives because I'm more comfortable but also I don't have to be embarrassed to be in public. I have literally had people refuse to shake my hand because of the welts. It is personally and professionally embarrassing.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Award for most depressing thread title.

You always make me LOL :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Oh hell no. I have never desired to make an entire diet of just juice. I enjoy eating.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Good for you. Don't let yourself be swayed by a documentary with a clear agenda.

You can just eat food, count your calories, exercise, and you'll find success. You don't need to cut out entire food groups or overdose on organic vegetables grown in your backyard.

What agenda is that?

If you can't see it, then I have no hope that you can still be saved.

Everyone else, please, consider what possible agenda might be involved in this particular "documentary" when/if you watch it.
  • MistleToeSter
    Options
    What agenda?

Fat man goes on diet, doctor supervised, and regains his health and loses weight. Another man like him does the same.

What is the agenda?

What agenda is that?

If you can't see it, then I have no hope that you can still be saved.

Everyone else, please, consider what possible agenda might be involved in this particular "documentary" when/if you watch it.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I never watched the movie but I did try juicing just recently.

The first week I had great success and lost some weight. I was juicing two meals and a snack and having regular food for dinner.

After the first week both my partner and I noticed that we were starting to gain weight from all the sugars in the fresh food, we continued on and kept gaining.

Finally we gave it up and went back to sensible eating habits.

Karen
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Juice fasting is probably safer than water fasting if you're doing it for longer than 3 days.

But i think the health/detox benefits are more from the fasting (letting your body spend more time in repair mode) than the juice. The juice feeds you with vitamins/minerals and carbs though, which are important if you're doing any fast that is longer than 3 days.

Watch "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer" with Michael Moseley if you like documentaries. It's a pretty good one. :)

I personally am not a fan of juice because it's so much sugar without any fibre. I consider juice more of a treat/desert like food than a food staple. I'd rather eat vegetables or even add greens powder to a smoothie than drink juice.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A number of people on this site have watched it and regularly comment on how inspired they are and how they plan to make changes to their lifestyle.

If one of them would like to come into this thread and post their success as a result of following the plan laid out I'd be very impressed.

Because from what I can tell, it's a biased documentary full of half-truths and propaganda made to sell expensive blenders.

But I am more than willing to be proven wrong.

I haven't watched it yet, but I was looking it up on the internet to see what the hoopla was all about and the first thing that crossed my mind was - "Oh, he just wants to sell his blender". I'm all for the whatever works for you and hopefully it's healthy and long-lasting type of thing, but only juice for an extended period of time, won't work for me. I like to chew too, plus I could never give up my eggs for more than a day or 2.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options

can pizza be juiced?

My favorite comment so far. Please let me know if it works. Love pizza......oh wait, I don't want to drink it, I want to eat it, nevermind.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think Juicing should only be used on rare occasions as a detox. You know.. After a week long vacation of crap food and alcohol. To me, a healthy diet is one that can be maintained for a lifetime. Juicing is not something that you can sustain yourself on. It is expensive and you can get the same nutrients from eating the fruit and veggie as a whole for a whole lot less money.

Why do fruits and vegetables cost less if you eat them whole?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

can pizza be juiced?

My favorite comment so far. Please let me know if it works. Love pizza......oh wait, I don't want to drink it, I want to eat it, nevermind.

I juiced spaghetti with meat sauce once after my daughter wrecked on her bike and couldn't open her mouth or chew for a few days. It looked like canned dog food, but tasted like spaghetti (according to her). We still sometimes talk about "dog food spaghetti".
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You will not get support here for that, trust me. But if people paid ANY attention to the video, the juicing is for detox and to cleanse your body of allll the **** that has been put in it for years. If you noticed, not only did weight drop, but energy levels went up, blood pressure went down, vitals to normal, etc. At the end of the fast, he did not continue fasting. He picked up with a very healthy diet.

It can be done. It will do wonders for your body.
  • culkin1
    culkin1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pizza????? Ok now I am going to throw up!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Pizza????? Ok now I am going to throw up!

otiwet.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Man, this documentary really made me want to buy a juicer.

Oh look! He sells them! How convenient!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!