What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    most mornings = lots of coffee, a serving of dannon activia light yogurt, 1 c sliced strawberries, .5 c blackberries, 2 hard boiled eggs, a serving of pre-cooked turkey bacon.
  • TheScarlettOHara
    TheScarlettOHara Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1 cup of skim milk, a scoop of vanilla protein powder, a banana and either a handful of frozen blueberries or strawberries in a smoothie.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat breakfast these days, but when I do, I usually have something like three whole eggs and a few strips of bacon, eggs and sausage, eggs and whatever....I always get some sort of veggies into that breakfast as well, either as part of the eggs in a scramble, baked with eggs, or sauteed and on the side. Veggies are usually something like spinach, pepper, onion, mushrooms, etc. I might have a handful of berries as a little "dessert" as well.

But for the last few months, I've been having just coffee or green tea....then working out, then coming home and having a nice big lunch.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal with soy milk almost every day.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary. My favorites -
    pre-workout: Banana.

Post-workout: eggs over easy, on top of a boca chick'n patty or a morningstar farm chick'n griller heated with some lemon juice, on top of lightly sauteed spinach with some garlic, with a half an avocado on the side.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am not a big egg person, as they sometimes make me feel queasy.

I start my day with a cup of hot water with juice of 1/2 a lemon and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, followed by a large cup of water, coffee and vitamins and then within an hour or so, i will have something to eat.

I typically have a smoothie for breakfast - protein powder (I use the body by vi shake mix right now) + unsweetened almond milk in a blender bottle for work days. When I am home, I mix in spinach and fruit with ground flax seed.

Oatmeal does get old, even though I love it. I also like a WW or Ezekiel english muffin with natural PB or almond butter and sliced bananas on the top. Greek yogurt + blueberries + banana slices + granola is another good one.

I am not big on breakfast, sometimes if I am real hungry or wait too long to eat breakfast, I will have something leftover from dinner the night before.
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Oatmeal and a banana!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the area of breakfast. I can easily skip it without noticing, but if I do eat it I gravitate towards fatty, high carb, or sugary foods. I have been eating oatmeal for the past few days, but its going to get boring and then I will end up making some bad choices. I need to find a go-to breakfast that is going to keep me full, without filling me full of sugar and such, and that it...interesting and appealing :) Please help me out.

Have you tried refrigerator oatmeal? It is really good and super easy to make. You can make up several in one night and then just pop them out of the fridge when you are ready to eat them. The good thing is that you can easily switch up the flavors to keep it from being boring. This has become my goto breakfast in the last month or so.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Pabent
    Pabent Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too, eat way too much for breakfast. I have been trying to cut it down to 400 calories or less but it's hit or miss. I am most hungry at breakfast. Today I had smoked guda cheese (3 oz) and grapes (25), and as usually coffee with heavy sweet cream. The gouda cheese was so good, I had to stop myself and pack it away!
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    2 coffees asap after waking (6am), half a bottle of water, and either healthy cereal, oatmeal or a protein smoothie around 10, holds me over til 12 or after. I really only eat dinner as an actual meal. mostly I snack all day every 2 hours, nuts, cheese, trail mix, fruit, veggies etc.

Weekends I eat breakfast, (because I'm so busy I rarely make my 1200 calories ever) usually eggs with some veggies and I use cheese, dairy is essential for women to lose in the midsection and is just good for you. everything in moderation!!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm not much of a breakfast person but I usually just force myself to eat it haha.
    Generally I'll have cereal but I hate logging milk and I always go overboard and have like 3 cups of cereal or something so lately I've been having light things like a couple eggs and toast or maybe just some fruit.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    cereal and a banana or yogurt and a banana oh and lots of coffee!
  • Heidi_11913
    Heidi_11913 Posts: 54
    Options
    I normally make 4 egg whites, then I add either a serving of those simply potatoes that come in the green bags(southwest kind) or some sort of sausage/bacon(protein!!) and then normally I also add a laughing cow garlic & herb(light) wedge..... SUPER yummy and really filling. Less than 200 calories, and 15-20g of protein!!!!!!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    most days i have one of the foll:
    - scrambled eggs and toast
    - scrambled egg/egg white, smoked salmon and toast
    - spinach and mushroom omelette
    - oatmeal and fruit (this morning I had oatmeal with blackberries)
    - granola and natural or greek yogurt
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs fried in coconut oil
    Sourdough toast with butter
    A piece of fruit
    Black coffee

OR

Oatmeal
    1/3 c plain Greek yogurt
    Fresh berries
    Handful of walnuts
    1 Tbs honey
    Cinnamon
    Black coffee

Both are filling, have good protein, and the oatmeal mixed with all those goodies tastes like dessert! :bigsmile:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I LOVE a big breakfast. I eat a huge omelet made of 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 3oz of deli ham, and 2oz of shredded cheese. I have 1 cup of coffee with 3 dairy creamers and 4 splenda packets. Adds up to about 550 calories, and it keeps me full until lunch.

On Sundays before church, I typically have 2 pancakes with butter and syrup. Om nom nom nom.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Millet or Quinoa flakes with dried apricot, figs and mixed seeds soaked in rice milk overnight. Warm through in the morning, add a teaspoon of tahini and then drizzle with maple syrup when cooked. So scrummy :)
    Or a soya yogurt with some blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, sprinkled with Baobab powder.
    Or a banana and 20g of mixed nuts
    Keep it interesting :) x
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs, and either 2 slices of turkey bacon (which is not true bacon but it is delicious), or some fruit to go with it. If I'm feeling peppy I'll make breakfast sausage patties the night before that are a paleo recipe and use ground pork and spices, or little egg quiches in a muffin tin. It's not a huge breakfast, so I make sure to have a snack afterwards to help.
    Push comes to shove, I'll eat dinner for breakfast. No one said that you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast, eat what you want. :D
  • Dawnymaries
    Dawnymaries Posts: 109
    Options
    Some sort of cereal with skim milk, and usually a banana along with it.