Any Cleanse Recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love the snake oil comment. So true.

Just start today eating healthier. You'll feel better in a couple of days. :flowerforyou:
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

Don't do them.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    If you own a juicer, drink some fresh fruit/veggie juice with a big glass of water once a day (unless you have problems with sugar, then just veggie juice). No juice FAST. Just work it into your calories.

"but wait, isn't it better just to eat the raw fruits/veggies?!" Yeah, you can do that too/instead if you like. Let's not get that argument started lol.

Just an opinion/idea. I love fresh juice.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Cleanses work to flush out excess water weight and give your kidneys/liver a rejuvinating break. :)

Your liver and kidney's get a break!

That's a little unfair to my heart, brain, and lungs that work so hard and never get a break.

This is truth to this.

If one cleanses the digestive system - a system designated as imperative for the basic act of living - why not cleanse your heart? Your lungs?

What would you suggest if I wanted to give them a cleanse? A break? How long should I stop breathing for?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you own a juicer, drink some fresh fruit/veggie juice with a big glass of water once a day (unless you have problems with sugar, then just veggie juice). No juice FAST. Just work it into your calories.

"but wait, isn't it better just to eat the raw fruits/veggies?!" Yeah, you can do that too/instead if you like. Let's not get that argument started lol.

Just an opinion/idea. I love fresh juice.

This is a good idea.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I use Vim with bleach for cleansing. It removes stains and leaves a fresh scent.
  • rose_gian
    rose_gian Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi all! I was totally on track and then let myself fall into the fast food trap with a busy season of school and baseball and now I'm just feeling really gross and blah. I've done cleanses before but it's been a while and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of what is out there now.

Thanks!

My docotor said she finds people have digestive issues after a cleans. She told me to eat more vegetables and drink more water instead!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I involuntarily cleanse on the first two days of my period. My body flushes out everything.......

Cleanses don't work btw.

Nice. And truth.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Vodka Purge ...this is easier to do with Jagermeister since it tastes so vile, but vodka is clear, therefore "clean".
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    27739717_9895.jpg
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Vodka Purge ...this is easier to do with Jagermeister since it tastes so vile, but vodka is clear, therefore "clean".

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of kale...you will feel better unless you die, or become paralyzed or develop a chronic illness, so eat kale.
  • Madmadz77
    Madmadz77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

What do you know, I have been purging for years!!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I just want to use this GIF
    tumblr_lztrsn8PTq1qeg9obo1_400.gif
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    All I have to do is drink milk or eat anything with milk in it. Boy, do I get cleansed!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe that I use every now and then to help my body detox. Helps with weight loss as well, especially when you are close to losing those "final five"... (The lady I received this from called it a "liver kick" :drinker:)

- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon or grapefruit juice
    - 1 inch raw ginger
    - 1 clove garlic
    - 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

I think she recommended using a juicer, but I just throw the above items in a blender. It doesn't taste as weird as it sounds.

sorry but that does not sound good at all!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Cleanses don't work. Watch and track what you put in your facehole. Before or after that (I usually try for before) move a majority of the rest of you in enough ways and with enough intensity to elicit effort and caloric expenditure.

Did I sound like Dr. Oz enough for you to believe me?

If a guy could poop his way to low bodyfat, believe me, my droogs and I would be some ripped-up fellows.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I've found that having a liver is a great way to cleanse you body. It's almost as if that's why we have one.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I once at a can of Progresso High fiber soup that cleansed me for about 6 hours afterward. Of course, I did not realize it was high fiber until the bullet train gained full speed. Then I went back and took a closer look at the label and TADAA! 40% of RDA of fiber in ONE serving, there were 2 servings in the can, which I ate all of. Come on now... who eats just half a can of soup? Anyhoo, once that crazy ride was over I felt like my batteries had been drained. It was exhausting.