Please, Please, Please no more "diet" threads

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Cool hat bro

thanks man..thats it has a special lining htat prevents your brain from succumbing to fad diets... ..you can get one on my site ...www.Falldiets.com 19.99....

Theres an idea..i should say if you wear this hat you will lose 20 pounds in 20 days...i wonder how much money I would make...
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean.. It was hard at first because I found it hard to choke down my apple with dawn dish soap (lemon is the best) but I have lost alot of weight and my innards are pretty clean and my toots smell fresh

wait...can i use generic dish soap? i know that might be cutting corners, but i really prefer the taste.
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm working with a girl who recently started Slimfast. She is eating one 500-calorie meal a day, along with a few of Slimfast's protein bars/shakes.

I'm guessing it will last two days. Maybe.
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I read, right here on these forums, this very afternoon...... That sipping baby unicorn tears first thing in the morning is the ONLY way to make the pounds go away. Has anybody here tried the Baby Unicorn Tear diet?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm working with a girl who recently started Slimfast. She is eating one 500-calorie meal a day, along with a few of Slimfast's protein bars/shakes.

\\

LOL two days and by day three she will be binging on a bunch of crap ..I predict 4000 cal blowout!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Right after college (some 20 years ago) I tried one of those caffeinated pill type things..for maybe one day. I felt so hyper and sick I said, uh uh. Then I tried Slim Fast, and that maybe lasted 4 days, till I sat in the work cafeteria watching folks eat realizing I would about kill someone for a salad even without dressing..meanwhile noticing the first ingredient in Slim Fast at the time was sugar. So yeah, stopped that. Other than that, nope, no fads for me.
    Now I'm on the DIY eat lots of fiber and veggies every which way and less junkandcrap and exercise nearly every day diet. Much more sane. I've been the weight for about 20 years..as long as things go in the right direction, its all good, imho.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I've been there. On every diet.

A "diet" is simply a way of eating. Most of us weren't brought up on a great "diet" (I grew up eating Twinkies, French fries and pork chops.) Most of us weren't taught how to plan meals, shop, cook.

In countries where food and eating well are big parts of the national culture..and big points of pride (France, e.g.), you don't see our levels of obesity.

It's fun to bash people for their stupidity, but I'm sure that all of us have done something as stupid as the cabbage diet or whatever the diet might be...even if it isn't a diet. We didn't know, we took a leap, we wasted some time and some money (probably) but we learned something.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I read, right here on these forums, this very afternoon...... That sipping baby unicorn tears first thing in the morning is the ONLY way to make the pounds go away. Has anybody here tried the Baby Unicorn Tear diet?
    \

no, but I have had massive success on the "unicorn piss" diet....nasty but effective...

Unicorn antler spray will bulk you up like a beast too ....
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I HATE that D word, all it means is that u lose some weight, you will put it all back on plus some. No more of them for me. Now I eat food and drink liquid, but this time I'm aware of what goes past my lips.. Oh and I laugh lots at life, coz it is what it is and what's the point of being too serious. Oh and did I mention that I'm on medication to help me cope with my depression and anxiety. See, nothing is really as it seems.

Smile peeps. Look up towards the sky and smile :bigsmile:
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Sounds like my friend. First is was body wraps, then some ridiculously expensive snakeoil pills, and this week it was "water with lemon". But will she ever track calories or go to the gym with me? Never! Too hard!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Cool hat bro

thanks man..thats it has a special lining htat prevents your brain from succumbing to fad diets... ..you can get one on my site ...www.Falldiets.com 19.99....

Theres an idea..i should say if you wear this hat you will lose 20 pounds in 20 days...i wonder how much money I would make...

Why would you sell your Autumn diets during Spring?
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My Daily diet:

Breakfast: Half a bottle of raspberry ketones, 1 tbs of slimfast and sprinkled with visalus powder.

Snack: 1 liter of Wulong/green tea mixed with master cleanse (fat burning teas!!!!)

Lunch: HCG shot, followed by acai berry pills, and a hollywood cookie diet cookie (Learned this one from snookie)

Snack: 1 lean cuisine frozen meal (still frozen, heating food makes the calories more absorbable) sprinkled with MIralax for good digestion.

Dinner: 1 bowl of cabbage soup mixed with powdered hydroxycut.

Do you really have the nerve to suggest this is unhealthy?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Cool hat bro

Why would you sell your Autumn diets during Spring?

my diets know no season ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    My Daily diet:

Breakfast: Half a bottle of raspberry ketones, 1 tbs of slimfast and sprinkled with visalus powder.

Snack: 1 liter of Wulong/green tea mixed with master cleanse (fat burning teas!!!!)

Lunch: HCG shot, followed by acai berry pills, and a hollywood cookie diet cookie (Learned this one from snookie)

Snack: 1 lean cuisine frozen meal (still frozen, heating food makes the calories more absorbable) sprinkled with MIralax for good digestion.

Dinner: 1 bowl of cabbage soup mixed with powdered hydroxycut.

Do you really have the nerve to suggest this is unhealthy?

totally unhealthy ..

You only have five meals.

Everyone knows to avoid starvation mode you need 24 meals spaced out at exact one hour intervals...
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    So I pretty much skipped all the replies.

Get over yourself. This is a General Diet forum. Get used to it.

What ever helps people become more conscious about what they put into their bodies is a good thing. If it takes a fad diet to start their journey, then so be it.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    totally unhealthy ..

You only have five meals.

Everyone knows to avoid starvation mode you need 24 meals spaced out at exact one hour intervals...
    [/quote]

Oh I get it now. So when I go to work I take a big bag of apples with me to cover the 8 hours and then I'm so full that I'll just have a snack for dinner. And YUSSSSS no more sleepless nights lying in bed half awake - I'll be up making sure I'm eating every hour on the hour.

WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA - thanks for sharing :-)
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    hilarious!

DIET die with the letter T on the end

lots of definitions for the word diet - usually thought of as a temp fix, super restrictive, yucky etc........................

Best to you all:flowerforyou:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    youre absolutely wrong about the six small meals. It's only if you don't eat breakfast will your metabolism will slow...
  • kway610
    kway610 Posts: 162
    Options
    man, im so sick of everyone going on about diets. hold up while i go on about people going on about diets.

Xzibit.png

i reserve the right to go on about whatever I choose...

does that gif do anything, or just sit there looking all weird and sh%t

28045414.jpg

take a joke pal.

31409126.jpg

Hahahahaha! Dude got defensive real quick, didn't he??? That's how it usually is though. Oh well....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm more irritated when people I know in "real life" go on pills and fad diets and get all defensive when you try to tell them it's just not going to work long term. Usually not short term either. How about you just give me $100 instead? I'll buy you a shot at the bar later.