How old do people think you are?

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, and still get carded for alcohol fairly regularly. Yay?
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Im 29, I love going for walks with my friend people will stop us on a trail to ask if we are sisters or twins....shes 24 and they think she's my OLDER sister! Hahahah most people would say 23-24.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 - I usually get around 22 or so. OMG am I really almost 30? lmao...I sure don't feel like it!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually get late 20s early 30s. Sometimes I still get carded. I'll be 40 this year.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 30. I recently got carded while buying a rated-R movie. Cashier told me I looked 17. Whatever.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 but people regularly place me anywhere from 16 to early 20s.
    On my 23rd birthday, my friend told the waiter it was my birthday and he goes "13, 14?" .... :huh:
    I also get carded for R rated movies.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Most people think I'm in my 70's... I'm 55 and always looked old for my age. Sucks. When I was young I was never carded for smokes / drinks until It was a law to do so. :grumble:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Most people guess me to be late 40s early 50s. I am 62. Good genes, my mom is 81 and looks much younger than her age too.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 29.

A mid-40's year old woman asked my age on the weekend and when I told her she said, "ya right, and so am I" and laughed!! After telling her I wasn't kidding, and asked her how old she thought I was, she tucked tail and wouldn't answer.

Do I really look that old?! Hard on the self-esteem:(

Why do you think she thought you were older? Maybe she thought you were younger and was embarrassed that she thought you were kidding when you weren't.

Here's one for your self-esteem. To me you look at least 24, maybe even 23 and I'm not just saying that.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    im 19, almost 20 and people think im 14 haha I always get carded! even for 15 movies or lottery tickets!
    But it has its benefits as I can easily get away with getting a child ticket for things
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    I usually get told I look to be in my early 30s, and a few times was told 27ish. I'm 45 this August so anything less than 40 I'll take :laugh:
  • A_Hornsby
    A_Hornsby Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm 29.

A mid-40's year old woman asked my age on the weekend and when I told her she said, "ya right, and so am I" and laughed!! After telling her I wasn't kidding, and asked her how old she thought I was, she tucked tail and wouldn't answer.

Do I really look that old?! Hard on the self-esteem:(

Why do you think she thought you were older? Maybe she thought you were younger and was embarrassed that she thought you were kidding when you weren't.

Here's one for your self-esteem. To me you look at least 24, maybe even 23 and I'm not just saying that.

She told me she thought I was older but wouldn't actually tell me what age she thought I was.

And thanks! That makes me feel a little better :)
  • krismrqz
    krismrqz Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 35 and still get carded. Also, when people come knocking on my door they still aks if they can speak to my parents. I then reply "I am the lady of the home". Then they apologize and look dumbfounded. I'll take that as a compliment!! ;)
  • JessFox33
    JessFox33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and people always think I'm my 15yr old son's gf and I get carded all the time! Yayy!!! ;)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Usually around 25 ish...im 32 soon.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know there's good genes in my family. My dad doesn't look 60 something, and was carded last time he shaved his beard off. Neither him nor any of his brothers/sisters have grey hair (a few sporadic ones) or deep wrinkles, and some of them are in their 70s.

Most of the people from my school thought I was around their age (22).

I know I've been told that I look too young to have a daughter as old as mine, but a lot of people assume she's older because she's very tall and got her permanent teeth really early.

The general consensus seems to be about 24. I'll be 31 soon.
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    I'm 26 and still get carded for lottery tickets for goodness sake!
  • princessemmie
    Options
    i get this all the time people always think im 15, i get id for lottery tickets all the time and people come to the door and ask if my mummy is in LOL!!Im 27, with good genes :D x
  • gbradnick
    gbradnick Posts: 1
    Options
    Many times when I tell people I have a 32 year old son, they are surprised. I am 56 and if I got rid of the gray in my hair I'm sure I could pass for 40. I attribute most of it to genes. I take reasonable care of myself but my mom and grandmother look(ed) a good 20 years younger than their age. My daughter looks much younger than her 29 years, too!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Usually get guessed to be early 30's. When I'm visiting my sister and her family (she's 2 years older than me) they sometimes mistake me for her daughter. I'm almost 40.