How old do people think you are?

Options

Replies

• msuspartan10
    msuspartan10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not trying to bust any bubbles here but to those who are appalled at getting carded for alcohol purchases, I spent years in retail sales & took many TABC courses to be certified; here's the rule - IF THEY LOOK 30 OR YOUNGER, ASK FOR ID.

So if you're 26 & mad at getting carded, it's not cuz they think you look younger than 21, it's cuz you look younger than 30.
    Sorry guys...don't hate me, it's the law.

At our store, we card everyone that looks 40 and under.

I'm 26 and have been mistaken for 18-20. I get the "can you even sell me alcohol question?" a LOT.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I turned 35 in February, but a lot of people think I am in my mid 20's. I have very clear skin and a baby face... lol
  • nrod1988
    nrod1988 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    24 but people think im 18 lol not a big difference
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Gray hair and too much time in the sun make people thik I am older than I am.
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 18 and most people think i'm between 20 and 22, but i do occasionally get 18 and 19. :-)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I get anywhere from 28 to 32.. I'm actually 39. I'll take it I guess.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm 28 next week but I got asked for ID last week buying wine! (it's 18 or 21 here in the UK) People normally think I'm under 25 - I actually look younger now I'm fitter,slimmer, healthier than I did when I was in my early 20's...
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41 and most people don't believe that or that I have two grown kids. I get carded up through people guessing I'm in my early 30s.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It depends who Im wih ,if it s with my husband 21 ,with my children 23 or 19, by myself 25 ,.Its funny rather I remember when I had my 25 bday and the woman at the restraunt thought it was my 21st,lol and at 22 had someone think I was a I kid you not 15 seriously needless to say havent aged much in a few years I guess.

Im 29 and counting...

Im 4ft 10 so it doesnt help,my husbands 31 and 5ft 11 so he towers over me.

My daughters are 14 months and oldest one turns 3 aug 10th.
  • chandratro
    chandratro Posts: 12
    Options
    i am 36 and just last night a lady at the gym freaked when she heard i had a 15 year old daughter! She said she thought i was 19!
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, most people seem to think I'm in my late 20's or early 30's.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    26, but I usually get inbetween 19 and 23. Alllllright! I'll take it. :)
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Always think I'm older...:grumble:

21. Look like 24. :explode:
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been told 25-30 on occassion...but most often I'm told, "You're a Baby"...which still sounds weird to me..appreciated nonetheless
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I usually get the older card...
    more so because of how I carry myself and act more mature.
    Not by my looks.
  • wannabfitnevarez
    wannabfitnevarez Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    people always are very surprised when they find out i am 43. people always give this omg you do not look your age. My husband laughs and says yes she gets that all the time lol.. people think i am in my 20's yay!! and when they hear i have a son that is 23 and getting ready to graduate from college they almost drop to the floor lol.. but i love it that i look younger, i take that as a huge nice compliment to how i look. : ) its awesome !! : )
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get 22-26 most of the time. Sometimes 19-20. I'm 31. I'll take it! :)
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I always get 23 - 24 from men, probably to try to hit on me..lol
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It depends. With makeup, people think I'm mid-20s but I'm 19, 20 next month. Without my face done up, well, I'm in college as a 'mature' student and get mistaken for one of the 16 year olds.
  • TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    I am 41 and I def have people shocked by that... Makes me feel great !! :drinker: