I don't want a waist line that looks like this!

12345679»

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Hmm...I seem to remember a thread that was posted not too long ago where I was upset over racist comments that were made about me. The OP took great pleasure in making fun of the fact that I was upset over this. Well, beauty is DEFINITELY in the eye of the beholder, and Ms. Torres is absolutely the beautiful one here.

I certainly posted no racist thread anywhere. And I don't laugh at people who are upset. If someone here did that to you though it is just the MFP way. I am sure the P stands for something other pal as they say it does.

I never said YOU posted the thread (it was a racist comment within a thread), but you did post a comment making fun of my being upset over it. I believe your comment was deleted, though (someone else must have thought it was inappropriate, too, as I didn't bother reporting it).

No, "OP" stands for "Original Poster". You are no "Pal" of mine, as my friends actually RESPECT me.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    I don't think it's the lack of curves on her midsection that's the problem. She has a very 'boyish' figure, with an extra 30lbs on she would still look boyish. If you had a flat stomach, but had a wide hip frame, you would look considerably curvier than her, but just as fit and 'muscley'.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Have you ever heard of this chick named Serena Williams?
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    I enjoy all the nay sayers here as well. Telling me how I never have to worry about having a nice set of abs. LOL.... wait people. Time is all it takes for progress to accumulate. I'll get around to posting a recent pic of myself eventually. This one is actually a few months old.

I think they are saying that you will not "accidentally" get abs.

This is one of those post's similar to, "I don't lift because I don't want to look like a bodybuilder."
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you're putting the horse in front of the carriage. waaaaaaaaaay in front of the carriage.

this is like learning to ride a bike, and worrying you're going to become lance armstrong.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    A lot of you who are flinging the 'body shaming' mud seems to think it is ok to look at the OP's photo and virtually laugh and tell her she'll never achieve it anyway. Nice.

I think there are a load of people on here who pounce on these threads so they can be the most self righteous person out there. "Hey, look at me, look how fair and lovely I am, taking the side of a successful athlete and snarking at a woman who just happened to word something a little clumsily." Yeah, you've made a lady wish she hadn't posted anything. Way to go.

She is not just insulting this athlete. She is also insulting other women on mfp that have this body type and their own set of issues from their own lifetime, and have worked hard to be fit and feel proud of their body on all levels. It's odd how people think that just because someone looks good and successful to them, that they have not had their own struggles in life. Also when you put down one women, you are putting other women down as well.

It's also not laughing at her, to be honest.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    I lift weights.

Still no abs.

I must be defective :sad:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    A lot of you who are flinging the 'body shaming' mud seems to think it is ok to look at the OP's photo and virtually laugh and tell her she'll never achieve it anyway. Nice.

I think there are a load of people on here who pounce on these threads so they can be the most self righteous person out there. "Hey, look at me, look how fair and lovely I am, taking the side of a successful athlete and snarking at a woman who just happened to word something a little clumsily." Yeah, you've made a lady wish she hadn't posted anything. Way to go.

I was reading through and thinking the exact same thing. The "according to your ticker/picture *snicker*, I'm sure she wouldn't want to look like you either" posts are sickening.
  • BHetrick
    BHetrick Posts: 26 Member
    What causes a woman's waist to look like this?

strength.jpg

photoshop
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    You don't get to look this way by mistake.
This discussion has been closed.