Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options

Replies

• sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Those all look tasty...but don't they give you too much sugar? I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my sugar down, and I don't even eat a ton...mostly fruits and such.

I've been going with broccoli (at least a cup), onions and peppers...scramble in an egg and a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, serve it up with half a slice of whole wheat or one Kashi whole wheat waffle (no butter or syrup--oh, how I miss butter).

I'm not a diabetic, so I don't watch the sugar total when it comes to natural sugar in fruits and veggies. I just try to avoid added or refined sugar.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg sub, 2 oz baby spinach, 1/2 baby bellas all cooked together topped with 2 tablespoons of pace salsa and 1 tablespoon greek non fat yogurt plain, 1 cup of diced pineapple and a cup of chamomile and mint tea (no sugar). Super Yummy , relatively low in calories and filling.
  • klcpearce
    klcpearce Posts: 3
    Options
    I like to mix things up for breakfast...but one of my current favorites is my "1-2-3-4 breakfast". Silly name, I know, but makes it easy for me. 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 3 ounces of seasoned cooked lean ground turkey, 4 tablespoons of salsa.

I cook the whole package of ground turkey at once - season it up however I want - and put it in a container in the fridge. When I get ready for breakfast, I just take out 3 ounces and heat in a small skillet with the salsa, mix in the eggs...scramble it all up and enjoy! Sometimes I'll toast a Thomas wheat mini bagel for another 100 calories, but sometimes I just have it alone. Around 260 calories.
  • Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat this almost every morning before work and it sticks with me EASILY til afternoon:
    2 whole eggs, 1/3 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach, 1 or 2 chopped baby portabella mushrooms, 1 TBL or so chopped shallot, salt & pepper. Scramble these together and top with 1 TBL of grated asiago, romano or parmesan. Tastes delicious, has over 30g of protein and about 250 calories! (this feels "easy" to me; it takes about 10 minutes to prepare)
  • sachiamccree
    Options
    Bagel sandwich

100 calorie everything bagel=125 cal
    2 strips of turkey bacon=70 cal
    1 slice of Kraft 2% reduced fat cheese=40

=235 calorie brkfst sandwich
    **leaves room to add an egg if you desire
  • christied829
    Options
    Quaker Weight Control oatmeal made with Almond milk, with a tbsp of Chia seeds mixed in.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Weetabix with skimmed milk and a latte. Occasionally, with a protein bar ...
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    Orowheat double fiber English muffin- I make a breakfast sandwich with 1/2 cup eggbeaters cooked with spinach (you can cook egg and spinach patties in advance and freeze them) and a slice of low fat cheese.
  • jogirlruns
    jogirlruns Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make "refrigerator oatmeal" aka overnight oats or swiss muesli - 1/3 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup oats and around 100 g frozen berries - I use a bit of honey or jam to sweeten it, plus some vanilla or almond extract. I occassionally add a few nuts or seeds or craisins or sub in Dorset Muesli for the oats. You can make it the night before and eat it in the morning. I tend to make it in the morning and carry it to work to eat at my desk. Here's a link to different flavour combinations.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

It tastes like dessert and keeps me full until lunch.
  • mcarpen84
    mcarpen84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Rolled oats and a banana boiled in sugar free almond milk. After boiling, I top the dish with a few blueberries and cinnamon. It takes 5 minutes to cook on the stove, and it's fresh and warm. No need for milk with sugar as the sugar from the banana gives plenty of flavor to the meal.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology or GNC Pro Performance Protein Bars. The bars have 30 grams of protein which keeps me full until lunch, which is 1pm. Sometimes I do get hungry about 12-12:30 but I know that I will have lunch soon, so I don't need a snack in between meals. My favorite flavor bars are the chocolate peanut butter and cookies n' cream.

I love eggs, but have no time to make them during the week, so I have eggs over the weekend. Sunny side up are my fav.
  • mmferg
    mmferg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have been eating 1 egg with 2 egg white scrambled with a .5 ounces of cheese mixed in. Does the trick for me each morning.
  • Txgirl1204
    Txgirl1204 Posts: 37
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt and granola...so yummy and filling
  • anetwest
    anetwest Posts: 3
    Options
    You so inspire me!
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love weight control oatmeal with diced apples, raisins, craisins, walnuts or almonds and cinnamon. I also like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and granola with greek yogurt.
  • baddkitty187
    baddkitty187 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch

I have heard that Kashi uses GMO, I have yet to verify it but I'll be so disappointed!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal with varieties of: applesauce cinnamon and stevia, chocolate protein powder and banana or chocolate protein powder and pb2
    2 eggs on a sandwich thin with avocado or cream cheese

usually the oatmeal does it though, that fills me up quickly for a while. i could eat it all day! i found a recipe with salsa and shredded hashbrowns to add in, so trying that too!
  • emmarosegibson
    emmarosegibson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine at the moment is banana pancakes. One banana, two eggs and a quarter teaspoon of baking powder. Throw in liquidiser and then fry in a non stick pan with fry lite or olive oil. I have been serving with a tsp honey, blueberries and tbsp Greek yog and its great