Counting potato chips will drive one crazy

Options

Replies

• bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is why it is better to eat candy - much less breakage to worry about. I just pour my M&Ms into a measuring cup and I'm done.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I count the chips out and cheat if at all possible (these two broken ones really count as one... ) If you somehow end up eating an extra 5 calories because you got lucky with all XL-sized chips, it is sitll not going to sideline you from your goals.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother eating 9 potato chips...have some salted air popped popcorn instead, loads more for your calories. Potato chips are pointless.

Not to mention lower fat, you can decide how much salt, or add something completely different. They have no oil on them, they're not deep fried, you can share them with your hamster...

But not nearly so much fun as licking all the salt and vinegar goodness out of the bottom of the bag. Not that I'd do that... or anything...
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    Chips & Salsa are the most threatening thing to me...my kryptonite. You can keep your cake, cookies & sweets...chips are where it's at. I love them so much. Doritos, Lays, Cheetos...I gotta be careful with them, so I choose not to have them around. Because I truly can't stop at a handful.

This is me. Salty, cheesy, crunchy, yum. Although I did a lot of damage to a cake this weekend too...my strategy is to not keep this stuff around.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Counting 9 chips is exhausting?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    DONT EAT THEM EASY SOLUTION
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    i cant believe u are on here saying u are eating chips wow
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Counting 9 chips is exhausting?

i know right , lmao..................
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I use my food scale for everything, including chips and cereal.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    This is why Pringles are my favorite! They are easily counted, and every once in a while I double check the serving against my scale and it is always right on. Also, if you buy the Light (I know, some of you hate light stuff but I have my vices!) you get 30 of those puppies for only 140 calories!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I count 'em. It works good enough so far.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use a food scale.

Related, though, regarding your buzzing potato chip bag (I would buy it lol). There is a fork coming out that tries to make you eat slower by buzzing whenever you take more bites than allowed during a certain time period lol.
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love chips...any kind as someone else mentioned...I count, I think the scale is a great idea, i sometimes tell my self "two little ones count as one chip" LOL...so wrong to do this but chips are soo good...:(
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use a food scale.

Related, though, regarding your buzzing potato chip bag (I would buy it lol). There is a fork coming out that tries to make you eat slower by buzzing whenever you take more bites than allowed during a certain time period lol.

I want that fork! LOL!
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weigh them as I have some special k cracker chips with lunch each day. I only have a half server (15g) as that is plenty to go with my sandwich and yogurt. But like others, we weigh everything. When we make a smoothie we put the blender cup on the scale and weigh everything we put in. And you know you are leaving several grams behind when you pour it out but we still count it all. We actually have 2 scales, one is our every day scale and the other is when we are competing for weighing time. It was on sale for like $20 so we couldn't pass it up.

At first I also couldn't get past the 1 server is only this much thing, but now I am good with it. Although I doubt I will ever get to the 1 serving of popcorn level :happy:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    We just got a food scale and I love it! Great for meat, chicken, chips. I've even started using it instead of measuring cups since it's a lot more accurate and I can just tare dish it's going into. Weighing it is actually really simple and less involved than you might think. I got my food scale online for 25$. It was the highest rated, but there were ones that cost less than 10$.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Although it's a litlte pricer, maybe just get the prepackaged serving size.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I love my potato chips and I break out the food scale, put the bowl on top and measure out the amount I want and enjoy
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything - breakfast cereal was an eye-opener (used to just fill the bowl two thirds, turns out that's nearly 3 servings!). Don't get me started on how much butter was going on my toast!

As for chips (crisps), I do as some others have mentioned and buy the multipacks with the little 25g bags. If I was left in charge of a big bag I don't even think my scales could persuade me to seal the bag back down and keep some for later .... they'd sing to me lol
    These work out at 132cals for regular crisps or even less if I get the corn snack type (Wotsits here, Cheetos in the US?).
  • malmbr
    malmbr Posts: 26
    Options
    I use my scale for so much! And I believe that, if you can enjoy a vice in moderation - go for it! I personally can measure out just a serving of chips and put the rest of the bag away, so I'm good with that. For others, the individual bags might be the way to go. During football season, I invest heavily in baked tortilla chips. That way I get more chips than with regular chips!