Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options

Replies

• ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled in tsp. of real butter and a half grapefruit. If I eat ANY grains at breakfast the hunger starts.
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    a small egg cracked into an avocado half and baked for 10-12 minutes served with a grilled tomato half hollowed out and filled with sauteed kale or spinach - add half a tortilla cut into wedges and lightly toasted in a frying pan and this is my favorite breakfast! under 400 calories and I stay full all morning
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Those all look tasty...but don't they give you too much sugar? I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my sugar down, and I don't even eat a ton...mostly fruits and such.

I've been going with broccoli (at least a cup), onions and peppers...scramble in an egg and a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, serve it up with half a slice of whole wheat or one Kashi whole wheat waffle (no butter or syrup--oh, how I miss butter).

Hmm why are you not eating butter? Haha! A goal of yours?
    I almost always go over my sugar...most days it is because of my greek yogurt and fruit. I don't let it bother me...I am still losing.
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cheese melted over mashed potatoes, turkey breast, and cheesy seasoning!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Bagel sandwich

100 calorie everything bagel=125 cal
    2 strips of turkey bacon=70 cal
    1 slice of Kraft 2% reduced fat cheese=40

=235 calorie brkfst sandwich
    **leaves room to add an egg if you desire

This is similar to one of mine also, except I use lite cream cheese vs cheese and yum. You should try it it is awesome!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    My main go-to breakfast I make the night before. I use a small carton, (pint?) of egg whites and I pour it into a glass baking dish. I add what ever veggies I have around. Last night was mushrooms, asparagus, baby bells.Then I add crumbled turkey bacon or turkey sausage. I add some Tapatio, (hot sauce), salt and pepper. If my son isnt having any, then I add onions. Top with light cheese. Not a lot, cause it really doesn't even need it.
    Mix it up and then I bake it for 1 hour at 350. I let it cool, then put in fridge. I then cut a slice put it in a tray and nuke it at work. Its really easy and tasty!
  • Tokoeka
    Tokoeka Posts: 8
    Options
    Oats! I make a porridge of oats- about a handful, add a tablespoon of mixed pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, a teaspoon of coconut thread, half a grated apple and a pinch of salt. I usually pour boiling water on and soak overnight, heating in the microwave in the morning. This is enough for two people and lasts until lunch time.

I can also vouch for a scrambled egg, tomato and spinach wrap- I don't get hungry until lunch time on it.
  • Tokoeka
    Tokoeka Posts: 8
    Options
    yep, I eat lots of raw fruit and starchy veges, so seem to go over the sugar most days. I am not too worried if it isn't refined sugar
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 C quick oats, water, cinnamon, cut up granny smith and a dash of honey - mix all together! Yum!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My easy breakfast that tends to stick is high cal but fast and delicious.

2 slices of Ancient Grain Toast with 1 tbsp of WowButter (nut free peanut butter) + 1 tbsp Cherry Jam + 1/2 banana on each slice and a pair of dry fried eggs (fried without any fat/spray).

It's SO good and my go to when I need a lot of cals but it is super carb heavy :/ and around 800-900 calories.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nothing keeps me full! So I have a small breakfast, and a power snack by 10. I am always hungry again by 10am no matter what. So I just plan on it and go light early.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    On work days I typically just have a bowl of cereal. (Right now it's varies between Special K and Cheerios) I find that when I have Special K if I add a banana to it, I don't get hungry for lunch as earl as the other days. I know I should probably eat more in the morning, but a lot of times I just dont have the TIME to eat more as I need to get out the door before I am late for work!
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Either 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil with slices of avocado, or a half a cup of traditional plain greek yogurt, a couple tbs of peanut butter, a tbs of jam, and a few tbs of ground flax seeds (and slices of fruit if I have some).

Breakfast tends to be my biggest meal of the day! Keeps me from snacking and over eating at other meals.
  • c2hrist3a
    c2hrist3a Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Two eggs and a packet of oatmeal.
  • amyws1910
    amyws1910 Posts: 10
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and apple. Slice the apple really thin and microwave it for a minute with some cinamon, then put it on the toast. Really sweet and warming!
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with honey and cinnamon.
  • Cockney365
    Cockney365 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Most/every morning (around 8:30am) I have two eggs, a huge handful of spinach, 100g mushrooms, 1 Quorn sausage and a slice of wholemeal bread. 329 calories, carbs 17g, protein 25g, fat 16g. If I feel like it, I add a glass of semi skimmed milk, 88 calories, 8g carbs, 6g protein, 3g fat. Sorts me out for the morning and well until lunchtime (around 1pm). Can't believe a bowl of Shreddies or Special K (well, the size bow I ate, rather than the recommended 30g which wouldn't fill an ashtray) has the same amount of calories and you don't even feel like you've eaten afterwards! Glad I made the switch!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite quick breakfast that keeps you full into the morning?

Two scoops of casein protein in 14 oz of water.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One of my fav go-to breakfast is a serving of bobs red mill 10 whole grain hot cereal, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk & a tablespoon of chia seeds. Another fav is a slice of fitness bread toasted with a hardboiled egg., tomato slices, avocado & black pepper.
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kroger grocery store nearby, they have Carbmaster yogurt with less sugar. Great flavor selection. That over a banana with a sprinkle of granola is great.