Options
2»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    can have ice cream but is allergic to yoghurt

lol to the max....

well if making with yoghurt, the baking time will be greater and you might need to decrease the amount of yoghurt.

My loaf did not rise as well as it would with wheat flour but I have fructan intolerance so no wheat pour moi.

Flavour was awesome though.

Pictures?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the website is morebeans.com. Has anyone seen Morebean13 recently?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the website is morebeans.com. Has anyone seen Morebean13 recently?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought morebean started a blog or something and isn't on MFP much anymore :(
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Potentially silly question. Do you guys mix the flour in immediately, or do you let the icecream melt first so it mixes better?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, we just bought frozen yogurt tonight. (And Talenti gelato, but I'm not using THAT on an experiment!) I wonder if I could use my gluten-free pancake mix in place of the flour.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Mmm...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    636 cals
    no thank u
    u got to be kiddin g me...................

For a whole loaf. Pretty sure that's more than one serve.

for most :laugh:

I always check the macros for the whole thing first!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow. Cannot wait to try. :D
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    636 cals
    no thank u
    u got to be kiddin g me...................

For a whole loaf. Pretty sure that's more than one serve.

You'll have to excuse her. I saw her posting in another thread about how eggs are bad. She's a little..."confused".

I think so.

also, there is a site for teens...www.sparkteen.com

i hear it is excellent.

:heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Braz76
    Braz76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mmm ice cream...

Oh wait! That's the reason why I'm on the site in the first place! :noway:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Mmm ice cream...

Oh wait! That's the reason why I'm on the site in the first place! :noway:

ice cream isn't the reason you're on this site. Lack of portion control is. Many, very healthy and fit, people on this site eat ice cream daily
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Might have to try this.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bump! I haffi keep track of this one. I'm particularly interested in the results folks have with experiments using gluten free or grain free flours. I guess you'd have to add something to make them rise, since this recipe calls for self-rising flour.
  • laserturkey
    Options
    Mine is in the oven right now. I'm using Pamela's Gluten Free Pancake and Baking Mix with Blue Bunny Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. (I added a little of my chai masala to give it a mild spice flavor.) I'll report back later when it's finished and I've tasted it.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow, intriguing! I will have to try this.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Oh the possibilities!
  • laserturkey
    Options
    It turned out pretty nicely, even using the gluten-free pancake mix instead of flour. I would probably make this again sometime, experimenting with flavors or add-ins.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's my policy to only make single-serving treats. So I was thinking about this recipe and suddenly I had an idea-- mug cake! I don't keep self-rising flour around because: why? So I mixed 1/4 c. pistachio ice cream with some whole wheat flour and a little baking powder. Then I nuked it for most of 2 minutes. It wasn't great but I think with some experimentation it would work. My batter was too stiff and it needed more baking powder. Maybe a bit of soda too. I think it needed less cooking too. But it's a good idea, right? I can't have a whole cake/bread in my house-- I'm one person, with an unlimited appetite.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It turned out pretty nicely, even using the gluten-free pancake mix instead of flour. I would probably make this again sometime, experimenting with flavors or add-ins.

Thanks for trying this out using a gluten free flour base (pancake mix) in place of the self rising flour. I am gluten intolerant and am always looking for new things to try, especially dessert and breakfast. Looks so easy, I need to try making this real soon using gluten free flours or pancake mix.
  • laserturkey
    Options
    It's my policy to only make single-serving treats. So I was thinking about this recipe and suddenly I had an idea-- mug cake! I don't keep self-rising flour around because: why? So I mixed 1/4 c. pistachio ice cream with some whole wheat flour and a little baking powder. Then I nuked it for most of 2 minutes. It wasn't great but I think with some experimentation it would work. My batter was too stiff and it needed more baking powder. Maybe a bit of soda too. I think it needed less cooking too. But it's a good idea, right? I can't have a whole cake/bread in my house-- I'm one person, with an unlimited appetite.

You could also make this recipe but use a muffin tin and then freeze the individual portions for later. My gluten-free one made 8 slices at 135 calories each.