I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
  • The_Angry_Fish_Guy
    The_Angry_Fish_Guy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Whatever/whomever inspires you.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As an atheist, I'm guessing I don't belong here. LOL:devil:

Actually, this topic is against the MFP community guidelines... Quoting:

"15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate."
    Religion is supposed to be kept out of the forums! I would just LOVE to see how quickly I would get reported for an ANTI-RELIGION post.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ditto for me. God bless you all (yes even non believers). Always looking for fellow Christian friends, feel free to add me.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    NO. JUST NO.

These posts remind me of a flea trap. It's like a light that attracts all sorts of creatures into a sticky glue......I wish people would read the rules before making their first post. It would save the mods headaches.
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great testimony. I'm new here but I'm sure many have similar experiences. Losing weight is such an emotional journey.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has always been my enemy causing me to dislike myself and everything that I could possible conquer in life. This evil illness has caused me to not want to continue, to be the one who fakes a smile, and above all to not know how to love my husband and daughter. I've always heard if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else..so i didnt. (extremely selfish, i've come to realize)
    4 years ago I decided to give my life to someone who had been there all along although I never knew it. Someone who promised to love me with this unconditional love.. Who am I to deserve this from you, when I've given you nothing in return?
    Before Christ I was a victim of several incidents of sexual abuse, which molded me into not trusting any man AT ALL, which led me into living the life of lust and money by using men, and caused me to become depressed, suicidal and just plain hungry to experiance what true love from someone could feel like
    . Now I can say, I AM LOVED! I am free! I am redeemed because the blood shed by my Father has cleansed me! I am a new creation.
    now I know what love is and now i can show love and i've also learned that my body is my temple and in order to please my Father with my temple, I need to take care of it. This is where MFP comes in. With dedication, PRAYER and God on my side, I know nothing is impossible. I'm ready to see this spirit of obesity flee in the presence of a true daughter of Christ.
    I am a pretty busy woman ( wife,mother, employed, part time studen, FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD)...but the Bible tells me there is "time for everything: Ecclesiastes 3:1...... i vowe that with the guidance of God I can conquer and retake my health from the hand of the enemy!!!! This is me, I am a Princess of the King!!!

I don't normal post my religious opinions but as you've put it out there in the forums.

Firstly I thought Christians believed that humans are created in the image of God so isn't it against God to dislike yourself and the choices he made for you?

Secondly don't Christians believe that God has a plan for all of us, so why did he plan for you to be over weight, seems strange to do that and then give you the strength to over come it. He could have saved you a lot of heart ache and planned for you to be skinny from day one.

Finally attributing what you have done to some invisible chum discredits your hard work. You lost the weight, you changed your life and you deserve a massive well done for that!
    I love when knowledge can trump religion!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Amen! Amen and AMEN!!! That's a memory verse that is gilded with positivity with the knowledge that if Christ is on our side, who can be against us?

Um....
    206d2y9.jpg
  • jerzygal
    jerzygal Posts: 1
    Options
    Your spirit has blessed me. Thank you for your testimony. To God be the Glory!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has always been my enemy causing me to dislike myself and everything that I could possible conquer in life. This evil illness has caused me to not want to continue, to be the one who fakes a smile, and above all to not know how to love my husband and daughter. I've always heard if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else..so i didnt. (extremely selfish, i've come to realize)
    4 years ago I decided to give my life to someone who had been there all along although I never knew it. Someone who promised to love me with this unconditional love.. Who am I to deserve this from you, when I've given you nothing in return?
    Before Christ I was a victim of several incidents of sexual abuse, which molded me into not trusting any man AT ALL, which led me into living the life of lust and money by using men, and caused me to become depressed, suicidal and just plain hungry to experiance what true love from someone could feel like
    . Now I can say, I AM LOVED! I am free! I am redeemed because the blood shed by my Father has cleansed me! I am a new creation.
    now I know what love is and now i can show love and i've also learned that my body is my temple and in order to please my Father with my temple, I need to take care of it. This is where MFP comes in. With dedication, PRAYER and God on my side, I know nothing is impossible. I'm ready to see this spirit of obesity flee in the presence of a true daughter of Christ.
    I am a pretty busy woman ( wife,mother, employed, part time studen, FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD)...but the Bible tells me there is "time for everything: Ecclesiastes 3:1...... i vowe that with the guidance of God I can conquer and retake my health from the hand of the enemy!!!! This is me, I am a Princess of the King!!!

I don't normal post my religious opinions but as you've put it out there in the forums.

Firstly I thought Christians believed that humans are created in the image of God so isn't it against God to dislike yourself and the choices he made for you?

Secondly don't Christians believe that God has a plan for all of us, so why did he plan for you to be over weight, seems strange to do that and then give you the strength to over come it. He could have saved you a lot of heart ache and planned for you to be skinny from day one.

Finally attributing what you have done to some invisible chum discredits your hard work. You lost the weight, you changed your life and you deserve a massive well done for that!
    I love when knowledge can trump religion!

Doesn't it always?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Oops! :blushing:

LMAO we should all bow down to the noodly appendage!!

th_index_zpsc6a3f9f4.jpeg

Forever and ever, RAmen.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    trying to speak in tongues and charm snakes. It's not working!
  • eliasmama26
    Options
    This is great! Im with you!! :)
  • Underworld_Dandy
    Underworld_Dandy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

Hope all you christian mothers took your lamb or two doves to the temple to be burnt so you could be purified from your sin of childbirth?

No, don't do that bit? Only "selective" words of the lord then eh?
  • eliasmama26
    Options
    and dont acknowledge those who feel the need to criticize Christ for all he's done for you! we know where our strength comes from!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, keep your religion to yourself.
  • gigithegirly
    gigithegirly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're happy but there is private groups to share this kind of things. How fast would this post get pulled if it was any religion other than christianity? This type of post makes an awesome blog entry without offending all of us who believe differently and don't believe the same as you.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I really wish people would read the rules before posting........
    True that...happy they are happy, but for f**ks sake create a group then you can all join it and rejoice together.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

SHH! Logic is *not allowed in here!
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Keep strong! You are brave for posting this! Because so many people don't know the bible or Christianity.... They think they do, but they don't! they will attack,ridicule, and persecute us for something they don't believe. i say if you don't like the post don't read it! Keep negative comments out! God did not make you heavy, our choices did... You can add me as a friend, we are in this together!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!